Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Dr Sagacious

Final Fantasy is nothing at all like the Fallout games or Elder Scrolls. You might like it, but I don't think your chances are very high.

My brother bought Final Fantasy 14, and I think it's been the best once since 10, but the maps are too restrictive still. Perhaps it's just that I've been spoiled by Bethesda, but I still would like some Studio's to become more loose with their map-building.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:34 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

you will not like it
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:35 pm
Mikal kHill

If you don't like FFXIII it means you have a pulse, but not liking Fallout 3 and New Vegas prolly means you will hate Oblivion, it's basically Fallout with horses and swords.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:36 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i just dont have the patience for fallout was going to trade in some games at gamestop but i guess ill hold off till something else catches my attention
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

mortal , you still have reach?

the replay value has been surprisingly good , at least the campaign portion
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Neuro wrote:
mortal , you still have reach?

the replay value has been surprisingly good , at least the campaign portion

i beat the campaign once and have maybe put it in twice since then

really disappointed by the MP

black ops and mw2 seem to be the only games i have that can keep my attention

assassins creed 2 was neat but i feel it has the same downfall as any gta type game.....repetitive grocery getting bs

maybe im just getting older and having a harder time getting into video games....i didnt get a 360 untill mw2 came out.....
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:45 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yeah halo really need to ante up on the multiplayer level designs for sure
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:46 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

another reason why like the fallout series is cause everyime i put it in its like playing a new game pretty much , something fresh always happens where im like "whoa"
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:48 pm
Dr Sagacious

What patience do you need? New Vegas should suck you in immediately with it's really really solid intro cinematic, and with the fact that a dapper fella shoots you in the noggin. I love New Vegas' pace, that is often paced by you and you only, whereas games such as Gears of War, Halo, or Call of Duty are all games that throw you into the water and keep your head under there. I don't mind that every once in a while, but sometimes I like to be the one that has control over whether or not I want to do some detective work before I shoot the guy whom the game tells me is automatically the bad guy. That's the biggest, and best difference between Bethesda-styled games and other FPS'. Your own moral code is what tells you who is bad, but you are encouraged to put time into figuring out who really is bad if any person is. In fact, there were times when in Fallout NV where I would just shoot the guy the game TOLD me was bad, and it would end up fucking everything up because one can become used to the relative conscience-free moral-free decisions that other FPS' have already made for you. I guess, perhaps, that's where that where patience comes into the mix, but I don't really take notice to it, nor am I bothered by it.

Moral of the story: be patient. Haha.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:48 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

its just to slow for me it doesnt keep my attention running around in what feels like slow motion
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

to be fair, i havent tried new vegas yet ill wait for the goty edition

honestly i really like the concept of fallout type games but the execution all seems sub par to me
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i absolutely cannot wait until RAGE

this is gonna be the ultimate game for me
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 pm
futuristxen

I'm excited about DC Universe Online.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Neuro wrote:
i absolutely cannot wait until RAGE

this is gonna be the ultimate game for me

yes! the graphics look like there going to be phenomenal!
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 pm
Dr Sagacious

mortalthoughts wrote:

black ops and mw2 seem to be the only games i have that can keep my attention

These games are good in their own vein, but they really do not, or can not, hold a candle to New Vegas or even Fallout 3. It really all goes back to the fact that Call of Duty games do all the work for me, I just have to pull the trigger and dodge bullets and/or grenades. The people I am shooting have no conscience, they are infidels who are getting in the way of me stopping nuclear war. The bad guys are always typical bad guys: dark-skinned, Russian, Communist. The best part of MW2 was when that American general was the one that fucks you over. I like twists like that. But I also like being the one to discover that twist.

In New Vegas, I feel bad for killing Fiends (especially when at level 30), Viper gangsters, Great Khans, and even sometimes Legionaires. There is so much history behind all of them that has caused a reaction within them to the outside world. But the cool part (or the lame part, depending on your style of play) is that the game does not require you to know any of that, it is not an obligation to know anything about the world such as Call of Duty games are notorious for. The only information you are given is what you need to know, essentially, of course, if that's your style. But I think a player like Mark in Minnesota or Captiv8 is going to want to immerse themselves in the world. Those are your virtual reality type players who want to become part of the world, not a foreigner, intruder, or Neo-type charcter from the Matrix. Your character has a place in the world, it's just a fairly sizable one, and often you are used and you may not realize it.

There's nothing wrong with impatience in games, in fact, that's most likely due to the barrage of Studio's that make fuck around in the vein of Call of Duty or Halo. The game doesn't want you to get impatient, so it throws you immediately into everything and never lets you get out from the point of initiation. This is why Call of Duty's multiplayer is so popular, because you're always running - always fighting. Even when you are camping in a corner, you're never out of the war, and the only time you get out is when the omnipotent narrator either praises you, is disappointed, or says the time limit is up. And even at the end, it's not too long before you're back in it; running and gunning down every infidel with no cost of conscience.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 358, 359, 360  Next