Search
Register
B. Dolan "Fallen House Sunken City" album
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Captiv8

I'm super-pumped about this album! I love the artwork too, especially the nod to Hokusai. Good work B. Dolan and Alias!
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm
remind

I toyed with the idea of holding out on listening to the single. But then I got bloody. Tight.
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 pm
bbreakz

I toyed with the same idea, I was content with all the free B. Dolan stuff that came out the past 6 months. I even said so earlier in the thread.

But I couldn't hold out. This is banging. I like the beat switch up as well.
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 pm
AdamBomb

Man...Alias came hard on this production. I love that switchup, too "Louder!!" There are so many layers and elements to this beat.

After watching that video I went out and checked out What Cheer? Brigade's website. I really like their stuff. Remind me a lot of the brass bands we've got out here in NOLA.
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

They're currently looking for some new horn players. So if you could send over some of those wonderful horn players from NOLA we'll give them a good home. Thanks, man.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 am
Coffee Black

Pre-ordering now. Lost internet for a week due to some wires exploding in the building or some such thing. This is a great first thing to discover with my internet reunion.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 am
kese

Just looked at the newsletter... what's the black and white reptilian craziness going on in the background of the #2 Section where the album cover is?
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Storm Davis

kese wrote:
Just looked at the newsletter... what's the black and white reptilian craziness going on in the background of the #2 Section where the album cover is?

Shhhhhhh.... $3CR3T$
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:00 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kese

well then...
Will I be able to use the KRS book to decode it/them?
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am
smake

Man, first track sounds great. Congrats on finishing the record. Kinda hoped One Breath Left would be on there (the first version that was offered for download a while back, not the remix on HOB), but 12 fresh new tracks is probably even better. Can't wait to hear it.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We've got plans to put together a digital package for those who are too ipod-driven to go for the physical product. But I don't ever want to give itunes something that we don't offer the fans who visit this site. It just entails that people visit here and stay vigilant about "Clips of the Week" and such. iTunes is for people who aren't in the know...and/or for some people's convenience (if you don't mind their DRM shat.)
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Wait, was there a discussion about an "itunes only" bonus track here? Am I imagining that?
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:35 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

yeah, i answered the question as best i could w/out knowing all the facts, but then sage cleared up the confusion and answered it more definitively.

so... don't sweat that. sorry for muddying the water there with my filthy half-truths.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

As I approach 40 I worry about my mind.

Will purchase this when released on vinyl.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I thought the iTunes talk was confusing matters. B was under the impression that people can purchase a bonus track off of itunes for 99 cents. You can't. You have to buy the whole album in order to get bonus tracks. Maybe there's a way around that issue, but I don't know why anyone on this site would be talking about itunes in the first place. We take care of the SFR fam.
:-)
I took out my netty machete and chopped out the part of the discussion that I thought was unnecessary and potentially confusing. But it ended up being more work for me. Time management fail.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next