Search
Register
Fuck you I won't do what you tell me! Results are in, p.4...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Szechwan

This entire project is pretty badass.
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:59 pm
mancabbage

Mikal kHill wrote:
mancabbage wrote:

fuckin quality, if its gona be a biggun i hope they play hyde park or somewhere like that in the summer rather than the 02. i saw james brown and the chili peppers there years back and it was awesome. they could fill it (especially if its free) no doubt. Now, bastards.. go record a new album already

I'd rather get a new Street Sweeper record, honestly. Or an album with Boots & Zach on it would be nice.

-kHill

Meh, good album. But the drums and bass did nothing for me, maybe it was the production i dunno, but i'd waaaay prefer to hear zach screaming over thsoe guitars
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:22 pm
Mikal kHill

Actually the drummer on SSSC is way better than Rage's drummer, who I always felt was kinda overwhelming... BUT, they have way different vibes. The Street Sweeper stuff is way more fun, where as the Rage stuff always had this teen angst thing going on, especially on the first record. I dunno. Rage is like... The Beatles of doing rocky rap music. Can't hate on them. I think this charts thing is all bullshit, but whatever gets Zach to actually put out records is a good thing I guess, if it ends up equating to that.

-kHill
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:04 pm
mancabbage

meh technical skill means fuck all to me, i think steve vai is shite... couldn't write a tune to save his life, i do like the street sweeper record but it just seems really repetitive, hard to tell one song from another.. lacking the beef ratm have
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 pm
Mikal kHill

mancabbage wrote:
meh technical skill means fuck all to me, i think steve vai is shite... couldn't write a tune to save his life, i do like the street sweeper record but it just seems really repetitive, hard to tell one song from another.. lacking the beef ratm have

Well, the first street sweeper, Tom did all the music before boots was even signed on as a rapper... the only thing he didn't do was the drums, that was the guy from Galactic... The new stuff they are working on, I get the impression is more of a group effort, and I think it'll be a better album as a result.

-kHill
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 pm
shambhala

ah you fuckin brits. buncha gigglepots, the flock of ya.

these kinds of things are good. its still just shuffling money into some dark sunglassed hairy knuckled jfk assassin type's hands at the end of the day, but its good to stay unpredictable. keep them on their toes, you know? well done you cute lil cockney accented soldiers.
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:02 pm
Billy No Mates

I think people are missing the point. This isn't "taking down corporations" or just a "practical joke," either. If anything, this proves how powerful social networking has become. Some guy sat at home on his computer and started a facebook group which lead to a song being not only no. 1 in the UK, but the XMAS no. 1. 500,000 songs were sold and over 70,000 ($115,000) was raised for charity. This was using social networking to it's full potential and could be a trend for the future. We no longer need vast amounts of money to produce television, radio or film to reach the masses, we can do it free from our own bedroom. Some guy just captured worldwide attention and raised a fair sum of money for charity....what have you done this xmas?

Regardless of what you think of the song, the band, or the record label, if some ordinary joe can take on a multi-media mogul like Simon Cowel and WIN, then this could very well be a major turning point for music and beyond. Ok so this was just some stupid chart battle, but what's to say we can't use this for important issues or politics?

And aside from all that, surely as music fans you can appreciate a campaign that encourages people to download music legally?
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

Billy No Mates wrote:
We no longer need vast amounts of money to produce television, radio or film to reach the masses, we can do it free from our own bedroom.

I'm down if you are.

Just cover the pictures of our kids on your nightstand, so no one recognizes them at school.
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:09 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

laurapalmer should be renamed debbiedowner and Billy No Mates and mancabbage are spot on here.
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:57 pm
Jesse Custer

Billy No Mates wrote:
I think people are missing the point. This isn't "taking down corporations" or just a "practical joke," either. If anything, this proves how powerful social networking has become. Some guy sat at home on his computer and started a facebook group which lead to a song being not only no. 1 in the UK, but the XMAS no. 1. 500,000 songs were sold and over 70,000 ($115,000) was raised for charity. This was using social networking to it's full potential and could be a trend for the future. We no longer need vast amounts of money to produce television, radio or film to reach the masses, we can do it free from our own bedroom. Some guy just captured worldwide attention and raised a fair sum of money for charity....what have you done this xmas?

Regardless of what you think of the song, the band, or the record label, if some ordinary joe can take on a multi-media mogul like Simon Cowel and WIN, then this could very well be a major turning point for music and beyond. Ok so this was just some stupid chart battle, but what's to say we can't use this for important issues or politics?

And aside from all that, surely as music fans you can appreciate a campaign that encourages people to download music legally?

It was cool and all that, but to be fair a lot of people didn't find out about it from the internet, they found out from the news reports on TV and in newspapers. Sure the ball got rolling on facebook, but to say it's an example of how this can all happen without big media ain't strictly true..
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:19 pm
mancabbage

this is true, my mum knew about this, philip scofield or that gardening twat titchmarsh probably told her
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm
futuristxen

You guys are true revolutionaries.
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 pm
mancabbage

nothing like pissing on a bonfire eh?
Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 am
AdamBomb

I don't understand how people don't think this is badass (cue in "Debbie Downer" womp sound). This is an old ass song from a group that, whether "deep" or not, has stood for anti-govt/anti-establishment. Through social networking, one dude (not a corporate entity), was able to inspire people to unseat the current pop hit with a song that came out in 1992. When I first heard about it, I was rooting for them, but thought nah...no way in hell they are pulling this off. Pretty incredible, really.

Think about what other things people could accomplish if they put their minds to it.
Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 am
redefyned

mancabbage wrote:
philip scofield or that gardening twat titchmarsh probably told her

Gold.
Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:00 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next