Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Fuck you I won't do what you tell me! Results are in, p.4...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
english bob



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 839
Location: england, uk
 Reply with quote  

i just bought it again after watching this..
plus, tom morello has said that all profits his end are going to 'shelter'..


skip to about 8:30 if you want 'radio producer desperately trying to avoid being fired' based lols
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesse Custer



Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1256
Location: London
 Reply with quote  

I see today that RATM are still outselling the X-Factor song at the minute, even though the X-Factor song has now had a physical release. And with Tom Morello getting actively involved, it's on! I'm feeling like this could actually happen...


laurapalmer - effective rebbutal of your points that have been made by other people aside, I don't think quadrangle means what you think it means. You may want to look that shit up...
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
barlow



Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 1100
Location: Leeds, UK
 Reply with quote  

Jesse Custer wrote:
I don't think quadrangle means what you think it means. You may want to look that shit up...


Easy, it is a BMX
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9239
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

english bob wrote:
i just bought it again after watching this..
plus, tom morello has said that all profits his end are going to 'shelter'..


skip to about 8:30 if you want 'radio producer desperately trying to avoid being fired' based lols



hahah winners, does anyone know if they're gonna release a new record ?
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
laurapalmer



Joined: 10 Jul 2002
Posts: 1472
 Reply with quote  

Jesse Custer wrote:
I see today that RATM are still outselling the X-Factor song at the minute, even though the X-Factor song has now had a physical release. And with Tom Morello getting actively involved, it's on! I'm feeling like this could actually happen...


laurapalmer - effective rebbutal of your points that have been made by other people aside, I don't think quadrangle means what you think it means. You may want to look that shit up...


Pretty big leap to say that was an effective rebuttal. Stick up my ass and condescending notion of adult music an effective rebuttal does not make. Pretty much reinforces the point that a top 40 song was being used as an antidote to what will become a number 1 song. Now, Run DMCs "Christmas in Hollis" that would have been funny. Twisted Sisters "We're Not Gonna Take It" would have been ironic.

I am referring to quadrangle as in the geometric term, a four sided polygon. For example, a square or trapezoid, with those four bands forming the vertices. I could look that up, but that seems pretty simple.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Jesse Custer



Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1256
Location: London
 Reply with quote  

The idea of having this discussion is far too boring to contemplate.


I just came back to the thread with what I find to be the funniest update to this so far - The Sun has got Joe X-Factor on the front cover posing with Prince Will and Prince Harry; basically saying that you hate Britain if you buy RATM. It's hilarious. And also yet another good reason to buy the RATM song...
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:37 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ardamus315



Joined: 21 Apr 2009
Posts: 490
 Reply with quote  

What needs to happen is this:

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9239
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

laurapalmer wrote:
Jesse Custer wrote:
I see today that RATM are still outselling the X-Factor song at the minute, even though the X-Factor song has now had a physical release. And with Tom Morello getting actively involved, it's on! I'm feeling like this could actually happen...


laurapalmer - effective rebbutal of your points that have been made by other people aside, I don't think quadrangle means what you think it means. You may want to look that shit up...


Pretty big leap to say that was an effective rebuttal. Stick up my ass and condescending notion of adult music an effective rebuttal does not make. Pretty much reinforces the point that a top 40 song was being used as an antidote to what will become a number 1 song. Now, Run DMCs "Christmas in Hollis" that would have been funny. Twisted Sisters "We're Not Gonna Take It" would have been ironic.

I am referring to quadrangle as in the geometric term, a four sided polygon. For example, a square or trapezoid, with those four bands forming the vertices. I could look that up, but that seems pretty simple.


worlds smallest violin
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:18 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
english bob



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 839
Location: england, uk
 Reply with quote  

Jesse Custer wrote:
I just came back to the thread with what I find to be the funniest update to this so far - The Sun has got Joe X-Factor on the front cover posing with Prince Will and Prince Harry; basically saying that you hate Britain if you buy RATM. It's hilarious. And also yet another good reason to buy the RATM song...

haha! oh i love the sun..

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9239
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

english bob wrote:
i just bought it again after watching this..
plus, tom morello has said that all profits his end are going to 'shelter'..


skip to about 8:30 if you want 'radio producer desperately trying to avoid being fired' based lols


video of this up on http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8418158.stm?ls

i just bought another copy
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
breakfast



Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 2895
 Reply with quote  

So, just so we're clear, we're going to prove to the music industry oligarchs that we will buy/download whatever we want during Christmas by downloading a song from another band on a major label (who are now actively promoting this activity) with the words "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" in it, because someone on the internet told other people it would be a good idea?
Wait.
What?
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
mzehe916



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 4541
Location: Switzerland
 Reply with quote  

Ok, so yeah, this is even news in Germany. Though, not important news. But, what I am thinking is that this "stunt" may even increase sales beyond what they normally would have been. This "competition" might drive sales higher than last year, even if X-factor loses out to RATM. No? Then who is the winner?
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Asterax



Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 1883
Location: Maine
 Reply with quote  

breakfast wrote:
So, just so we're clear, we're going to prove to the music industry oligarchs that we will buy/download whatever we want during Christmas by downloading a song from another band on a major label (who are now actively promoting this activity) with the words "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" in it, because someone on the internet told other people it would be a good idea?
Wait.
What?




jstile wrote:

There's no need to over-analyse this. Simon Cowell's pop proteges have taken the xmas no.1 the last 4 years running. To have him dethroned by by a song containing the words "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" will be entertaining. I mean, both songs are on Sony, it's not like it's an attempt to support independent artists. It's just a bit of a giggle. RATM are well-known enough that this could work, but the song is abrasive enough that it makes some kind of point. Everyone likes an armchair revolution. Make of it what you will.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9239
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

breakfast wrote:
So, just so we're clear, we're going to prove to the music industry oligarchs that we will buy/download whatever we want during Christmas by downloading a song from another band on a major label (who are now actively promoting this activity) with the words "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" in it, because someone on the internet told other people it would be a good idea?
Wait.
What?


if you really must have some kind of reason then yeah.. shelter are getting a whole bunch of free publicity and cash from this.

but its really because i can sit here spend a couple of quid and contribute to something that'll be a bit of a laugh if it comes off and something to talk about with your mates over a pint. it is that simple
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
crash



Joined: 07 Aug 2003
Posts: 5456
Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption
 Reply with quote  

this is not a revolution against corporate music, it's a prank, plain and simple. some of you need to get a sense of humor.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:42 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon