Search
Register
Drop the World - Lil' wayne feat. eminem
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

adic

I like this song...

I've never really paid much attention to Wayne, but after watching the documentary posted a while ago on here and hearing more of his stuff lately I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to check more of his stuff out now...

Good to hear Em more and more these days, especially the angy Em with no accent...
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ok people

lil wayne isnt wack because of how many songs he makes
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

adic wrote:
I like this song...

I've never really paid much attention to Wayne, but after watching the documentary posted a while ago on here and hearing more of his stuff lately I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to check more of his stuff out now...

Good to hear Em more and more these days, especially the angy Em with no accent...

go listen to "receipt" it's a focused solid song,
also "hustlaz music"
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 pm
Dr Sagacious

Raoul DeGroot wrote:
codebreaker wrote:

I dont vibe with lil wayne. Doesnt mean i cannot vibe on music that is outside the box. There is something to be said for the artist who feels a sense of responsibility for the process of writing a song and creating an album. I dont think that anyone would argue that - but i dont feel that same sense of respect or anticipation for any artist who pops his head out on every other radio track. especially when the bulk of it is construed as avant garde genius when in my reality - its complete rubbish.

You never felt like picking the world up and dropping it on people's heads?
Never had hate in your heart and love in your mind?
Nobody thinks that's avantgarde music. That's life music. It's not complicated and I don't think it's trying to be.

Wayne is good. It's for people who feel things. I don't listen to all his music and I don't need to.

I feel things when listening to Old Crow Medicine Show, good things. When I listen to Lil Wayne, I feel things, bad things. Violent things. Punch baby things, and kick midget things.

Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm the shit things. My toilet paper is so thick things.

I don't need those sorts of things in my day. It's too much pressure. Too much stress. That sort of thing.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 pm
outsect

"Rebirth" is embarrassingly bad. It's horrendous as an abortion of an excuse for a rock album. It's just as bad as a hip-hop album.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 pm
Prontoid

[quote="Brynjar

The difference between the freeshit from Lil wayne and Slug is that wayne takes a old Bun B beat and raps for 60 sec while some DJ is yelling his own name every 10 sec and at the same time Slug is making a full song with a brand new Ant beat that I have never heard before.

quote]

The other difference is heaps of Wayne's stuff is unnoffical so his output seems way more than it actually is
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 pm
remind

mancabbage wrote:
this is shit
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:09 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ok, lock the thread
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:13 am
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

I don't get the Wayne hate. Never have. He's incredible.

Yes, he is the perfect example of an overtly materialistic rapper with no barometer for quality control, but that's kinda part of his appeal. He is a dude completely unashamed by the fact that he is chasing A LOT of money, women, and drugs.

The fact that he fills his pen with poisonous ass thoughts half the time, and goes nuts for 64+ bars, is a bonus for us. Because if he didn't rap the way he does, he'd still be able to have 25 cars, and a 2 liter full of Promethazine/Codeine off of his radio singles. I genuinely think he enjoys being creative and strange.

The other thing I don't get though, is people saying Wayne is great, but Jay-Z is not.

Maybe overnight I ended up being way older than most people here, but you guys do remember that Lil Wayne basically sponged Jay-Z's ENTIRE style of rap up, mixed it with opiates, a lil Kurt Cobain, and an abnormally unhinged/unashamed level of output, then relaunched his career, right?

Wayne used to be awful at rapping, before he reshaped things to resemble Jay-Z. I mean, there is not even a possibility of denying that Jay is a prime influence on Wayne. Or Drake for that matter.

I mean, before they became buddies, Jay-Z drew some blood on that T.I. song, where he licks a few shots at Wayne,

"Sooner or later I'll take you up on your offer,
and put you all in your place like I'm re-placing your father,
you're talking to the author... the architect of the Blueprint,
my DNA's in your music, mothafucka you stupid?"

Wayne is a drugged up version of Jay-Z via Blueprint 2/The Dynasty.

I also love it most of the time.

This song is dope, btw.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 am
AdamBomb

The thing I like about Wayne is that he has zero inhibitions. He doesn't really give a rats ass if you like him or not, he just throws it out there on his terms. Its not always good stuff, but he has enough great moments that I am a fan.

Wayne kicks in at around 1:15 and kills it on this track (over "Renegades" beat)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChPcw_gBYCY

I like Mos Def for the same type of reason. Both of these guys just seem free and uninhibited.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 am
remind

Mac Lethal wrote:
This song is dope, btw.

It's really not. The beat is awful. The mix is not good. Wayne's flow is forced as hell when the beat breaks. His lyrics are ok, I guess. Em's flow was more intriguing but nothing special about his lyrics. Chorus sucks. I don't know. I don't hate Wayne but just as you don't understand the hate...I don't understand the love. When I think of Wayne, I STILL think of him on that Juvenile track and him going "drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot ha ha". The best part about dude is he'll drop a line that's average at best and he'll try to sell it like it's the hottest shit you ever heard. He has his dick in his mouth when he raps more than any other rapper. That includes Jigga.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:34 am
Mac Lethal

remind wrote:
Mac Lethal wrote:
This song is dope, btw.

It's really not. The beat is awful. The mix is not good. Wayne's flow is forced as hell when the beat breaks. His lyrics are ok, I guess. Em's flow was more intriguing but nothing special about his lyrics. Chorus sucks. I don't know. I don't hate Wayne but just as you don't understand the hate...I don't understand the love. When I think of Wayne, I STILL think of him on that Juvenile track and him going "drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot ha ha". The best part about dude is he'll drop a line that's average at best and he'll try to sell it like it's the hottest shit you ever heard. He has his dick in his mouth when he raps more than any other rapper. That includes Jigga.

Incorrect.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:40 am
Mac Lethal

AdamBomb wrote:
The thing I like about Wayne is that he has zero inhibitions. He doesn't really give a rats ass if you like him or not, he just throws it out there on his terms. Its not always good stuff, but he has enough great moments that I am a fan.

Wayne kicks in at around 1:15 and kills it on this track (over "Renegades" beat)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChPcw_gBYCY

I like Mos Def for the same type of reason. Both of these guys just seem free and uninhibited.

Here man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTZhajbq2dI

Wayne came to paint your kitchen
Drape your floors, Cover ya ceiling
Rape your whore, Smother ya children
Take your feelings, Take your, core
Shit if this was the cellblock, I'd take ya store
If this was the block i would be movin an 8th or more
But I soar, through the block in my Grape Azure,
I see hate galore, But I straight ignore
Because my cake is more, Peep how your date adore
Probably skate with yours, Take her straight indoors
Clean my face make her taste my pores,
Give it to her till her waist is sore
Shake the boy, Go up in ya lady raw
Make your lady roar
And if she's late, it's yours...
I got the snakes in my yard, but I stay off the lawn,
if a hater inform, take his leg and his arm,
got the lead in my palm, infrared on the dome,
of the Smith and West...
I aim at your chest, I bang with the best,
I hang with the S... Q Killaz,
holler squad up. niggaz is gangster to death,
that's Louie V, from the ankle to neck,
I'm move my feet through the block in the 'jects,
no shirt, niggaz be like "'Pac's in the 'jects!!"

Last edited by Mac Lethal on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:49 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the thread of course mutated into an ugly lil waynezilla king of all emceez debate why do you hate conversation once again

fart

poop

plop

pppffffffhhhhhhhtttt
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:50 am
AdamBomb

Mac Lethal wrote:
remind wrote:
Mac Lethal wrote:
This song is dope, btw.

Incorrect.

That chorus goes hard. And you need to listen to more of Wayne. He used to do that southern choppa style before he dramatically reinvented himself out of nowhere. Listen to that Youtube link I put up and see if you still stand by that Juvy statement.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:52 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next