Search
Register
Drop the World - Lil' wayne feat. eminem
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i guess i just dont understand why people consider lil wayne a great rapper still

it is fascinating and entertaining to me when people talk about him like hes this great musician

bizzarro world
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Do you like Rza's rapping? Or ODB?
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

of course i do

dont even compare them to lil wayne though

c'mon now

i dont even like discussing this

so im just gonna leave it at that
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:35 pm
tommi teardrop

Isn't Neuro the guy that creams when he hears Evidence on a track? I guess he is the antithesis of Wayne, so I can see why you don't get Wayne's appeal.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

listen, im not that huge of an evidence fan

evidence is dope though

i was just having fun in that evidence thread
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:39 pm
bakemosphere

great debate. lol? seriously, what is with all the Wayne hate on here then no one ever having anything to back it up.

"Lollipop" is not an accurate portrayal of his of work. He put out a poppy song to make money, just like almost everyone else does.

still can't believe someone was hating on Snoop Dogg in that other thread, I don't understand what some of you expect, do you really need a metaphysics lecture in your rhymes?
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Prontoid

Brynjar wrote:
Neuro wrote:
Lil Wayne is NOT better than Jay-Z

lets just make that clear

of all rappers that many people have been calling the best over the years like Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Em etc. Wayne is clearly the worst.

Yet, as I believe was the point trying to be made previously - he is clearly the best at using his voice as a musical instrument out of all of those (sure that IS subjective but I don't know how you could really make an argument against it) - that was always Wayne's strength - Clearly he is the worst lyrically -

As for Wayne's voice not showing vulnerability emotion etc - I don;t know how anyone can listen to something like Fly In foe example and say it doesn't have emotion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPTFzAOmNZQ
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:02 pm
Brynjar

The biggest problem I have regarding Lil Wayne is that he's got no quality control.

He can make great songs but I read somewhere that in 2007 released more then 365 songs/feat. verses on some shit. Nobody needs to hear 1000 + songs in a five period by the same rapper. I want music that gets me excited (for a lack of a better word) and waiting for new music by my fav. rappers/bands is a part of it. For die hard Lil Wayne fans hearing his new music sounds kinda like a chore and a part of a routine and if they miss one day for some reason, they don't care, he'll put a new song online tomorrow anyway.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:15 pm
bakemosphere

Didn't 2pac do the same thing Wayne does? Didn't they say at some point that there are like 1500 2pac songs? Pretty sure 'pac just sat in the studio and did nothing but rhyme all day too.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 pm
codebreaker

Brynjar wrote:
The biggest problem I have regarding Lil Wayne is that he's got no quality control.

He can make great songs but I read somewhere that in 2007 released more then 365 songs/feat. verses on some shit. Nobody needs to hear 1000 + songs in a five period by the same rapper. I want music that gets me excited (for a lack of a better word) and waiting for new music by my fav. rappers/bands is a part of it. For die hard Lil Wayne fans hearing his new music sounds kinda like a chore and a part of a routine and if they miss one day for some reason, they don't care, he'll put a new song online tomorrow anyway.

I dont vibe with lil wayne. Doesnt mean i cannot vibe on music that is outside the box. There is something to be said for the artist who feels a sense of responsibility for the process of writing a song and creating an album. I dont think that anyone would argue that - but i dont feel that same sense of respect or anticipation for any artist who pops his head out on every other radio track. especially when the bulk of it is construed as avant garde genius when in my reality - its complete rubbish.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:03 pm
Brynjar

I'm sure he did over 50 or more songs for each album but then he picked his fav. 10-15 songs and put them the album. All the posthumous albums are made up of songs 2pac didn't want to have on his albums and he was right, most songs on his posthumous albums are shitty.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:14 pm
bakemosphere

There's no way if 'pac was out now with the increase in technology that half of those songs wouldn't of been leaked, the reason why people have access to all of waynes library is due to the internet factor.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:21 pm
yourREIGNisOVER

Brynjar wrote:

He can make great songs but I read somewhere that in 2007 released more then 365 songs/feat. verses on some shit. Nobody needs to hear 1000 + songs in a five period by the same rapper.

This is a big component to why he is as popular as he is.

Slug has had a similar approach with the buildup to Lemons.

Mac Lethal is basically doing this, not the same quantity but the same approach.

I dont hear anyone saying THEY are wack for working that angle.

A lot of people are realizing flooding the net with a bunch of free shit helps you in the long run.

As many others have said i dont understand the Wayne hate on this forum. Jay Z is boring as fuck. Em has become a parody of himself.

I think its quite telling when you have an album leak early like The Carter III did, and you still make a million in the first week. He's doing something right, but maybe not, yall are the experts.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:21 pm
Raoul DeGroot

codebreaker wrote:

I dont vibe with lil wayne. Doesnt mean i cannot vibe on music that is outside the box. There is something to be said for the artist who feels a sense of responsibility for the process of writing a song and creating an album. I dont think that anyone would argue that - but i dont feel that same sense of respect or anticipation for any artist who pops his head out on every other radio track. especially when the bulk of it is construed as avant garde genius when in my reality - its complete rubbish.

You never felt like picking the world up and dropping it on people's heads?
Never had hate in your heart and love in your mind?
Nobody thinks that's avantgarde music. That's life music. It's not complicated and I don't think it's trying to be.

Wayne is good. It's for people who feel things. I don't listen to all his music and I don't need to.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm
Brynjar

bakemosphere wrote:
There's no way if 'pac was out now with the increase in technology that half of those songs wouldn't of been leaked, the reason why people have access to all of waynes library is due to the internet factor.

yeah maybe but I think 2pac would angry as fuck if his songs just turn up on the internet without him knowing, I don't think Wayne cares so much about that.

yourREIGNisOVER wrote:
Brynjar wrote:

He can make great songs but I read somewhere that in 2007 released more then 365 songs/feat. verses on some shit. Nobody needs to hear 1000 + songs in a five period by the same rapper.

This is a big component to why he is as popular as he is.

Slug has had a similar approach with the buildup to Lemons.

Mac Lethal is basically doing this, not the same quantity but the same approach.

I dont hear anyone saying THEY are wack for working that angle.

A lot of people are realizing flooding the net with a bunch of free shit helps you in the long run.

As many others have said i dont understand the Wayne hate on this forum. Jay Z is boring as fuck. Em has become a parody of himself.

I think its quite telling when you have an album leak early like The Carter III did, and you still make a million in the first week. He's doing something right, but maybe not, yall are the experts.

Mac uses that same approach but not the same quantity?

The quantity IS is the approach...

The difference between the freeshit from Lil wayne and Slug is that wayne takes a old Bun B beat and raps for 60 sec while some DJ is yelling his own name every 10 sec and at the same time Slug is making a full song with a brand new Ant beat that I have never heard before.

The Carter III was a good album and I never called Lil Wayne wack, he just needs quality control.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next