Search
Register
PFA/Metermaids Providence show 12/9
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jared Paul

PFA/Metermaids Providence show 12/9  Reply with quote  

Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Flobots with Prayers For Atheists
Harpers Ferry
158 Brighton Ave
Allston, MA 02134
Cost: $15
Doors: 9:30p

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
PFA, Metermaids, Stalemate, & Roz Raskin
AS220
115 Empire St
Providence, RI 02903
Cost: $7
Doors: 8:30p

Last edited by Jared Paul on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mikal kHill

Wishing I lived closer.

-kHill
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:11 pm
Bob Harris

Jared Paul for President.
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:10 pm
jehu

good for pfa! the exposure could be great! i'm sure there will be plenty of sourpusses on here talking about the headliner, but i say kudos. just blow 'em off the stage like i know you will.
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:26 pm
reverse midas

surprised to see SFR having anything to do with flobots after all the shit talikin'.
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:58 pm
anomaly
Loserface

reverse midas wrote:
surprised to see SFR having anything to do with flobots after all the shit talikin'.

I missed Doomtree the 1 time they finally came to Dallas, TX because I slept on buying tickets early. They were opening for the Flobots and the place sold out.........and i guarantee the place wasn't too full for me and my wife to sneak in and sneak out before the Flobots came on. I'm pretty sure no one showed up for Doomtree.

And for that, I will never like the Flobots. assfaces.
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

reverse midas wrote:

I believe I was the only one doing what could be considered "shit talking." Is it shit talking if I call them Flobites? I can't not call them that. That being said, I'm glad that they're willing to give PFA a large audience to perform in front of. That's mighty nice.
Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 pm
box johnson

I was always under the impression the "Flobites" did something of value in this community. Probably not the hip-hop community, though.
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

They can ride their bike with no handlebars. I, for one, am very impressed by that contribution to whatever community they are lumped in with.
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:19 am
Stumbleweed

Yeah, they have an organization that does a good amount of political and charity work. I was at a party thing for a farmworker solidarity movement (re: Chipotle and Sodexco not agreeing to the higher wage for tomato pickers that other fast food companies did) 2 weeks ago. They're good people, I just don't like their music. It makes sense for them to be playing with PFA regardless of their musical value, definitely on the same wavelength.

There are much shittier acts who aren't very good people that you all can be hating on instead.
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

lazy people call it "hating." haha.
I'm glad to hear that they're doing positive stuff. That doesn't mean that I can listen to their songs and think, "Mmmm...cool...they're making a difference." All I hear is flobites. Haven't seen or heard from the main dude since he was going to Providence poetry readings back in the day. I am definitely impressed that he's part of something that was put through the machine and they were able to finagle some extra-curricular work out of it.
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:34 am
benjy compson

sage... wielding the sharp blade
of criticism. haha. go on...
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:29 am
Jared Paul

I always liked Johnny 5 as a person- knew him back from when he lived in Providence. He worked for a non-profit out here called Youth In Action and we went to a lot of the same protests. Hearing Flobots on line did not have me excited at all, but seeing them absolutely kill it live in front of 10,000 people right before Rage at the DNC changed the way I looked at their project. Their set that night was undeniable. And they advocated so clearly and honestly for the IVAW and the non-violent, but aggressive nature of the action planned for the day. I certainly couldn't have done it better.

In addition to that, they were at the DNC all week, hosting events, encouraging people to get involved, talking to people of all ages about the issues, and passing out info about indy media and the IVAW. I was very impressed.

After that, I went back and re-listened to their songs and read-up on what they're doing with Fight With Tools. I've got a lot of respect for what they've been able to do, and we're super appreciative for the opportunity.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

They're like the Black Eyed Peas mixed with the Partridge Family.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:56 pm
Disharmony

Why do you refer to flobots as "flobites?" I just wanna know where the dislike is coming from.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:02 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next