Search
Register
Hooker with a Penis (revisted, because it owns)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Dr Sagacious

T-Wrex wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
thelurkersunion wrote:
I think Mac Lethal said it best on the subject of Tool.

Mac is the homie but not all of us know all (or any) of his lyrics. What did he say?

Calm Down Baby.

I used to like Tool... 'till they made the same album they made the last time they made the same album.

Every time they make a damn album it's the same album really.

And only stoners listen to their music.

It's silly

Now, that's silly.

Also, I know people who like Pablo Honey over Ok Computer.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:06 pm
Raoul DeGroot

The sloppiest middle of the roaders like The Bends to OK Computer.
And even sloppier to them are the Pablo Honeyists. -Those types are either dumb as earth or dead to life.
OK Computerists are scared to leave the erf.
Post Kid A Radiohead likers are the universe slurpers and the smart kind. Having discernment and ambition.

I don't care for Tool, but every lady I've known who likes Maynard whats-his-face has been cool.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:18 pm
Dr Sagacious

I wouldn't go that far, really. Some people don't like all the "electronica" they put in Ok Computer and on. Some like Alternative moreover.

Me, their best stuff is OK Computer and on. IMHO.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 pm
Raoul DeGroot

People who don't like electronica are all fucked up in the brains and 2white4life. They are hardheaded.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 pm
desert penguin

these categorical discussions are inevitably just masturbatory powwows of assumptions. tool is tool. i think the main argument for them not being nu-metal really just boils down to that they are too talented to be lumped in with all those other shitty bands. after all, nu-metal really was nothing more than the last decade's equivalent of hair metal. shit was corny and downright embarrassing for the most part. however, just because you're at the top of the heap, doesn't mean you aren't still in said heap.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:54 pm
futuristxen

Tool are massive tools.
Their fans too.

I'll stick to my Belle and Sebastian records, thank you much.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 am
tommi teardrop

I'm kinda smart but I'm still a little scared to leave the erf.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 am
Jared Paul

Tool ain't Nu Metal.

You can't fuck with Opiate, Undertow, or Aenima.

Great composition, great lyrics, great concepts, great everything.

Lumping Tool with Korn & Slipknot? Can't get with it.

Hooker with a Penis is one of my faves. Definitely marching music.

*I like Belle and Sebastian too.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mzehe916

I saw Tool live with some friends once. I was gifted the ticket so I figured I'd check them out. I hated it. I mean, how long could a guy play the same string over and over again just layering pedals (or some fx) over it. Lamers.

I sat down and some girl asked my why I wasn't having a good time. I told her it was because the beer was too expensive. It was the truth. $7? Go home.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:18 am
selfworth

i used to love tool but mac is right. their last 2 or 3 albums have all sounded the same. i can't listen to any album of theirs past aenima.the best thing about their last few albums have been the artwork. it feels like they went from being a band that worked together to make good music to just some guys that get together in a studio for 2 months and lazily throw together an album just for the sake of making an album, so that they can tour and rape their fans on ticket and merch prices. i guess it could be the money changes everything kind of scenario.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:17 am
sparrow

Re: Hooker with a Penis (revisted, because it owns)  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, & a Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, & new tattoos that claimed that he was OGT, back in '92, from the first EP. Inbetween sips of Coke he told me that he thought we were sellin' out, layin' down, suckin' up to the man. Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger you should know that I'm the man. And if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dip shit, and you bought one.
All you read & wear or see & hear on TV is a product begging for your fatass dirty dollar. So...Shut up and buy my new record. Send more money.
Fuck you, buddy.

fucking awesome.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:06 am
phataccino

I don't think I've ever heard a Tool song.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:19 am
remind

I still bump Aenima, mostly when I'm workin out though. But yeah I love that album. It's the only Tool that I have. Which other CD should I check out?
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:20 am
Stumbleweed

Still love TOOL, though my interest has declined since Lateralus simply because my tastes changed. Lateralus in particular I recognize is a really good album but it just didn't grab me and I wasn't super excited about 10,000 Days as a result. Aenima is still by far my favorite, mostly for Third Eye, Pushit, and HWAP. Seeing "Pushit" live (I was at the Red Rocks show that ended up on the Salival live album/DVD thing) is still one of my best concert experiences.

Maynard and Danny are unfuckwitable, I'll check any project those guys are involved with on general principle. Danny is my favorite drummer for sure.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
laurapalmer

As it turns out, Opiate didn't hold up.

I knew radiohead would get brought into this. The unholy quadrangle of bands is:

tool
radiohead
ratm
mr. bungle.

At not point can a jag just be like, "i enjoy this shit," they have to bring it back to some other plane of musical talent and innovation. It isn't enough that you aren't into it, motherfuckers have to get all evangelical and tell you why you don't get it and the band is so much MORE than blank. No dog, it isn't processed pop music, it is something special.

Fans of any of the unholy quadrangle have to go door to door like latter day saints and jehovahs witnesses trying to slip a pamphlet hidden in a comic book on your ass.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next