Search
Register
The Tiger Woods thread. (taking a break from golf pg 13)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Bob Harris

Tiger is totally biting my game. For years I've been getting women hot by telling them that in my fantasies, rather than me, I see them getting double dipped by random celebrities.

Hey girl. In my dream last night I came home and you were getting fucked by the fat dude from "Lost" and Don Mattingly.

You can immediately see how that would work.
Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:28 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Bob Harris wrote:

Hey girl. In my dream last night I came home and you were getting fucked by the fat dude from "Lost" and Don Mattingly.

I just came.
Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 pm
Stumbleweed

Trim those sideburns!
Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MYOWNCLICHE

AdamBomb wrote:
Who would have thought Tiger was such a pimp.

... not me.
Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:32 pm
bakemosphere

Bob Harris wrote:
Tiger is totally biting my game. For years I've been getting women hot by telling them that in my fantasies, rather than me, I see them getting double dipped by random celebrities.

You can immediately see how that would work.
I just spit pepsi all over my monitor.

thanks for that one, wow.
Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:37 pm
SFR announcement

Wow. The way this has all played out is ridiculous. But it's pop culture entertainment if nothing else?

Statement on Tiger Woods' website today:

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912117801012/news/

I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:05 pm
phataccino

And all of the sponsors of next year's tournaments just let out a collective 'fuck.'

Except for whoever is lucky enough to be sponsoring the tournament where he comes back. That will probably have Super Bowl-like ratings. Well, not Super Bowl, but World Series maybe.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:45 pm
Joshua Kane

If you add up all the money that anybody makes on anything Tiger Woods related, would that add up to a noticeable bit of American GDP? Slightly noticeable?
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm
laurapalmer

I was actually just interviewing for a sell my soul corporate job on Thursday and one dude i had to interview with (of the 14) was the former marketing guy for the PGA tour. Inevitably the talk turned to Tiger from a marketing and revenue standpoint for the PGA tour. His insider's take was that first, you have to understand that Tiger IS the pga tour. That essentially, the financials and sponsorships are so bad with the companies that traditionally sponsored events (even pre-financial meltdown) that the money just isn't there to weather a long-term storm. He went on to say that the TV deals were skewed in the network's favor, so there really was not real relief outside of what Tiger brought in. He said that his first 7 months on the job when he started was rewriting every contigency plan for if Tiger was sick, injured, retired, etc. for the marketing department.

Kind of interesting to realize that one, singular guy with very little personality and a wealth of talent completely propped up a huge industry and really, the entire sport.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 pm
SlickWillyP
HILL GIANT

john daly > tiger woods
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:18 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Just turned on Dateline. One hour Tiger expose.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm
Nahgied

its not like he is retiring. golf careers are long, some time off won't kill him or the tour. and the ad revenue when he comes back will go through the roof.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 pm
AdamBomb

icarus502 wrote:
If you puritanical motherfuckers kill Tiger Woods, I will never forgive you.

I'm with you on this.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 pm
tommi teardrop

I have a dreadful feeling that this is the end of Tiger Woods, the greatest golfer in the world.

The tabloid media will not be willing to cut him the slack that the sports media so desperately wants to.

Sad shit if you ask me.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:06 pm
Captiv8

tommi teardrop wrote:
I have a dreadful feeling that this is the end of Tiger Woods, the greatest golfer in the world.

The tabloid media will not be willing to cut him the slack that the sports media so desperately wants to.

Sad shit if you ask me.

No way. He will rise again as a new and very contrite man. I'm guessing the tantrums will stop though.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next