Profile
Search
Register
Log in
The Tiger Woods thread. (taking a break from golf pg 13)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
Coffee Black



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 331
The Tiger Woods thread. (taking a break from golf pg 13)  Reply with quote  

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/112709-tiger-woods

"ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. Golf great Tiger Woods was seriously injured after being involved in single-car crash in Central Florida, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Troopers said his 2009 Cadillac Escalade smashed into a tree on Deacon Circle in Isleworth at about 2:20 a.m. Friday.

FHP reports say Woods had just pulled out of the driveway at his residence, located at 6348 Deacon Circle. As Woods began to drive on Deacon Circle he struck a fire hydrant and then a tree, reports say.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee.

The highway patrol said the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending.

Woods, 33, owns a home in the exclusive subdivision of Isleworth near Orlando. Orange County property records indicate his home is valued at $2.4 million."

Why the fuck is that last paragraph necessary ? Who gives a shit what his house costs.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Charlie Foxtrot



Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 1379
Location: Rochester, NY
 Reply with quote  

You say that as though the story itself were relevant
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Dan Shay



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Posts: 11245
Location: MN
 Reply with quote  

He's fine.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19373
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

2:20am. Single car crash into a fire hydrant? Hmmm....
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
jehu



Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 9310
 Reply with quote  

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
You say that as though the story itself were relevant
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Majawala



Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 1806
 Reply with quote  

rich people should not get hurt. research is needed on the relevance of fire hydrants.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
icarus502
kung-pwn master


Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 11290
Location: ann arbor
 Reply with quote  

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
You say that as though the story itself were relevant


Wait, what? How is Tiger Woods being "seriously" injured in a car accident not relevant? He's one of the three or four famous persons in the world!
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Bring that Beat Back



Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 854
Re: Tiger Woods in car crash  Reply with quote  

Coffee Black wrote:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/112709-tiger-woods

"ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. Golf great Tiger Woods was seriously injured after being involved in single-car crash in Central Florida, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Troopers said his 2009 Cadillac Escalade smashed into a tree on Deacon Circle in Isleworth at about 2:20 a.m. Friday.

FHP reports say Woods had just pulled out of the driveway at his residence, located at 6348 Deacon Circle. As Woods began to drive on Deacon Circle he struck a fire hydrant and then a tree, reports say.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee.

The highway patrol said the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending.

Woods, 33, owns a home in the exclusive subdivision of Isleworth near Orlando. Orange County property records indicate his home is valued at $2.4 million."

Why the fuck is that last paragraph necessary ? Who gives a shit what his house costs.


well, if we're getting picky about necessary words, they probably don't need to add "Golf great" before Tiger Woods.

anyway, i agree this is important news.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
icarus502
kung-pwn master


Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 11290
Location: ann arbor
 Reply with quote  

Hey man, people get into car crashes everyday. Why should this guy's car crash be news? Just because he's a celebrity? Fuck that, son.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
codebreaker



Joined: 13 May 2006
Posts: 217
Location: chicago
 Reply with quote  

are u serious? happy he is ok, that guy has been the most entertaining/impressive athlete of our generation -arguably more so than MJ himself. the work ethic with regard to his craft is second to none. You have to respect that. i dont see how there is any reason to be debating if the story is "relevant."
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
SlickWillyP
HILL GIANT


Joined: 28 Jun 2004
Posts: 2118
Location: zoo hampshire
 Reply with quote  

its not relevant cause he isn't seriously injured. he hit a small tree and a fire hydrant. in and out of the hospital.

a bad week for the tiger man. he has rumors of an affair floating around too.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19373
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

icarus502 wrote:
Hey man, people get into car crashes everyday. Why should this guy's car crash be news? Just because he's a celebrity? Fuck that, son.


Probably because he may be the best golfer of all-time, and is currently the most important american athlete going. I can imagine that that might be why people are interested when he gets into a car wreck.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bring that Beat Back



Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 854
 Reply with quote  

"Saylor says his officers do not believe alcohol was involved."

Good with the driver != Good as a driver
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1293
 Reply with quote  

codebreaker wrote:
that guy has been the most entertaining/impressive athlete of our generation


Impressive? Maybe. Most entertaining? You crazy, bo.

I feel like he's the most uninteresting celebrity personality of all time. I don't wish harm on the dude, not at all. If golf gets you pumped then I guess he could be considered entertaining. I can't relate whatsoever. I detest the fact that I've had to look at his stupid Nike hat for half of my adult life. I'm interested in knowing what the cause of his accident was.
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
icarus502
kung-pwn master


Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 11290
Location: ann arbor
 Reply with quote  

futuristxen wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
Hey man, people get into car crashes everyday. Why should this guy's car crash be news? Just because he's a celebrity? Fuck that, son.


Probably because he may be the best golfer of all-time, and is currently the most important american athlete going. I can imagine that that might be why people are interested when he gets into a car wreck.


Oh! That makes sense!
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon