Search
Register
Sarah Palin 2012
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Freshman_Woes82

I hope she does run. That's an EASY win. She'll shoot herself in the foot again. Watch...
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:18 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Freshman_Woes82 wrote:
She'll shoot herself in the foot again. Watch...

Bold prediction.
Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:56 pm
corporateslave

General_Lee wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:
I wouldn't view the media's steady lampoonage as a voice of consensus. I know plenty of people that like Palin. Either people really hate her or really like her, but I think there is a significant amount of people that would like to see her run. I'd even go as far to say McCain would have been completely blown out if it wasn't for Palin.

For real? Palin turned the repubs into a laughing stock in '08. Remember the Katie Couric interview?

Yeah, I think it's well proven that she can make complete dimwits fall in love with her, but fortunately those dimwits are a pretty small minority of the national population.

There were a number of voters who said they were undecided until she joined McCain, and then they voted for Obama because they knew for damn sure that they weren't going to vote for Palin.

Plus, in light of the Couric interview and multiple other instances, she is just not smart enough to win majority support. She is one of those people that gets made fun of for pointing to Australia on a map and saying it's Japan. There's no way she'll ever get a nomination.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:45 am
Dj Mayonnaise

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:05 pm
note1

Can't get enough of these people...  Reply with quote  

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:00 pm
AdamBomb

Re: Can't get enough of these people...  Reply with quote  

note1 wrote:

Im sure that all the normal responses were edited out. You could do the same for an Obama book signing.

I'm not Pro-Palin, but I am pro-"being fair". I guess no doctors, lawyers, or business professionals were available to speak. Shit, you could show up to just about anything where a crowd is and there will be a huge chunck of people who don't know what the hell is going on.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 pm
benjy compson

AdamBomb wrote:
Shit, you could show up to just about anything where a crowd is and there will be a huge chunck of people who don't know what the hell is going on.

the shepherd is a reflection of the sheep it herds.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:03 pm
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

that video is probably the best thing ive ever seen. i must have watched is like 5 times.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:15 pm
shambhala

I'm sick of hating these people. They're just Americans. Most of them have the same problems you do. I don't agree with them but I'm done looking down my nose at them.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:15 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

AdamBomb wrote:
note1 wrote:

Im sure that all the normal responses were edited out. You could do the same for an Obama book signing.

I'm not Pro-Palin, but I am pro-"being fair". I guess no doctors, lawyers, or business professionals were available to speak. Shit, you could show up to just about anything where a crowd is and there will be a huge chunck of people who don't know what the hell is going on.

Ha. Is this Buckeyes Parking Lot?

I'm not done hating these people. Fuck 'em.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:38 pm
benjy compson

shambhala wrote:
I'm sick of hating these people. They're just Americans. Most of them have the same problems you do. I don't agree with them but I'm done looking down my nose at them.

at least until they cost the entire country
yet another election season & the rest of us
are punching air, biting our fists, & are further
alienated from the idea of a leader who "went
rogue", is "fresh", & will be good for everyone
since she's "one of us", right?

Last edited by benjy compson on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:41 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

AdamBomb wrote:
note1 wrote:

Why are you sure of this? People who are fans of this woman aren't intelligent people. They're morons whose attachments to her have a lot more to do with racial and cultural nationalism than with anything she's actually done, much less any kind of sober assessment of the issues involved. That's the vast majority of them. The others are disingenuous liars with a profiteering and culture warrior agendas. Like I said, fuck em. They are beyond discourse, especially with someone like me. Fuck em. They can all choke on their fucking "roast beef" sandwiches.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:42 pm
note1

This woman has been a goldmine of humor. She will never actually be put in charge of anything important again, and will most likely just divide the republicans amongst themselves. Gift that keeps on giving.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:55 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Ic, I agree. These people in this video are obviously the less articulate of the supporters she has. But, the point remains that the support is blind and misinformed. All of it. The people are paranoid and confused and, in this case, stupid.

I wouldn't call them all morons. Not all of them say things like "he's legalizing all those nationals and she can't win with those numbers" and "she won't have enough white votes to get through". But whats shocking is that the line between the "crazies" and the not-so-crazies is so incredibly thin when it comes to Sarah's supporters that they are essentially holding the same argument whether its the gap-toothed redneck or the well-versed upper class. Shit is bizarre.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:58 pm
Charlie Foxtrot

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
But, the point remains that the support is blind and misinformed. All of it. The people are paranoid and confused and, in this case, stupid.

The information isn't hidden. Their confusion, paranoia and generally misinformed state is their fault.

Quote:

I wouldn't call them all morons. Not all of them say things like "he's legalizing all those nationals and she can't win with those numbers" and "she won't have enough white votes to get through". But whats shocking is that the line between the "crazies" and the not-so-crazies is so incredibly thin when it comes to Sarah's supporters that they are essentially holding the same argument whether its the gap-toothed redneck or the well-versed upper class. Shit is bizarre.

Elaborate. The "well-versed upper class" is not crazy, but "gap-toothed redneck(s)" are? If they're "essentially holding the same argument" what is that argument? Generally upper class folks support the candidate who's good for business and who plans to lock up anyone who threatens the status quo.

The thing about Sarah Palin is, she's an idiot. It's not a political thing. I know people who voted for McCain but loathe Palin. I can have a conversation about McCain's beliefs/policies; I'm not, however, about to have a discussion on the political merits of the lady who said she could see Russia from her house, and who reads "all the newspapers."
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:06 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next