Search
Register
SFR New England Tour '09 is finished. Pics & reviews
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

cubbiebear

Cole and I were going to come up for the Providence show but I got sick last week and missed Friday. New job so I can't be missing a lot and don't want to take 2 Fridays in a row off. But Cole might still be coming I think
Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Travadone

sage what time you go on?
Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:03 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

Is this a small venue? I'll be wearing a light blue hoodie and glasses... Say wassup if you see me. Especially you trav.
Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:25 pm
IAmNiki

I'm so excited for the show at Jerky's! I freaked out for a second today in traffic, thinking I'd missed it somehow.
Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 pm
mattrego

WRIU was plugging the show for Jerky's every 30 minutes today. The DJ (I think it was Reason from Storm's crew PDP) did a good job of giving the heads up. Even played some Cecil Otter for people that didn't know. I am not sure how much of a difference that will make for attendance, but it was good to hear. Can't wait for the show!!
Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm
erich

i really liked cecil otter's character. he seemed a little nervous or out of his element or whatever, but he somehow had a comfortable rapport anyway. i kept wishing he would drop a banger and wild out, but he did him and it was commendable.

i'm trying to impose a moratorium on vigorously embracing b dolan and gushing about my excitement because i worry it might be coming off as creepy, but he did a song about marvin gaye that not only hushed the room, but actually shut people the fuck up who were talking the whole rest of the set. enough said.

a while back sage made a joke about sleep being 15; i get it now. even if he wasnt just barely 5 ft and even if his voice had changed during puberty, he's got the energy of a teenager. dude is just so pumped up to be doing his thing, and it's great to see.

i saw 2-3 people that i knew hadnt been to a sage show since at least the healthy distrust tour, and everyone just kept saying how they forgot how impressive he is as a performer. this was like a greatest hits set with a bunch of new and remixed shit. the old piano version of hell of a year, smoke and mirrors, good fashion and waterline blended over one beat, sage spitting on his shoe and licking it off without dropping the beat, and finally, LIU KANG WINS! epic.

also, i met crash, which was cool.

also, also, jeff from wizard security was there towards the end of the set and got up on stage, and i legit thought he was the special guest; like he was gonna pull out a guitar or moonwalk or something.
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Holy cow, I'm trying to recover right now.

I'm pretty sure I spotted Crash and Erich in the crowd. I didn't get to talk to either of you guys and I apologize for that. After my show last night I went upstairs and had to decompress. My face was all purple and shit. haha

I'm not sure who else from the forum was there, but the crowd wasn't huge. And I'll be honest, that bugs me. But the crowd that was there was full of good energy. They stuck it out until the end and yelled the words to every song they knew. I've only had a couple of shows like that in my life, where my set goes about 2 hours long and the people in the crowd seem like they keep wanting more. That actually gave me a couple bursts of energy toward the end. Special stuff. So THANK YOU to the people who were there.

Providence on Thursday has to hit. Let's see if the kid still has hometown love.
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:09 am
diane

pictures and more reviews, please!
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:00 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

After the RI show I will definitely post a bunch of stuff.

Providence Phoenix gave us a shout for the Thursday show.
glad about that. http://thephoenix.com/Providence/Music/92659-Mixing-it-up/
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 pm
passenger

congrats! wish i could see this show. So pumped to hear the new stuff.

I saw a picture from Harper's Ferry.. you're in a Strange Famous zip up hoodie.. don't see that in the store.. is that for sale anywhere?
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:43 pm
Storm Davis

passenger wrote:

I saw a picture from Harper's Ferry.. you're in a Strange Famous zip up hoodie.. don't see that in the store.. is that for sale anywhere?

Soon. They're show exclusives for the moment, but they'll be available on the site very soon. Announcements will be made.
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
passenger

Storm Davis wrote:
passenger wrote:

Soon. They're show exclusives for the moment, but they'll be available on the site very soon. Announcements will be made.

nice. thanks!
Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:00 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Tonight.

Let's see if the kid can still get some hometown love.
Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:53 am

Wish I could be there, alas I am flying to New England a couple weeks after the fact. This two hour set sounds amazing, as I was following B's tweets last night.

Last Sage show I saw was the Middle East in the Spring of '07. I was there alone, got drunk at some bar down the street watching the Sox/Yankees before the show. Bought a bunch of Buck's tour cds. Held it down to the bitter end, took a cab to my telly and puked all over the room. Seems that one drinks much faster when doing it alone.

Last Sage show I saw where I live was a spoken work engagement with B. Dolan at the Aladdin. Here's to a productive time off the stage and a triumphant return to it (hopefully in PDX again).
Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 am
AdamBomb

Wish I was there. Y'all are lucky. When I was in school in Maine, I drove down and saw a big Sage show in Providence where he surprised everyone by playing a set, pretended he had to leave and then unveiled Gruvis Malt to back him up for a kick ass barrage of songs. You know Sage brings it hard for his hometown.

That being said, for those that live out that way, you better get your ass over there to the show. Look at all those folks being flown in there from across the country to perform for this show. Go club your neighbors over the head and drag them to the show too. Call in sick to work for the next day, even if it means getting fired. Make that club recheck its capacity limits for fire hazards. SFF represent!!
Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next