Search
Register
Tired of being judged, does it happen to any of you?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Travadone wrote:
prolific memorie asks for how she is treated.

youre not a rasta...get rid of the dreads u poser.

grabbing a beer at the bar? smh

edit: also, at this walmart i go to,the security loss prevention guy is black with dreads and wears street clothes...he always follows me around...like im black or some shit.

tav at walmart smh
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:53 pm
AdamBomb

mortalthoughts wrote:
Travadone wrote:
prolific memorie asks for how she is treated.

youre not a rasta...get rid of the dreads u poser.

grabbing a beer at the bar? smh

edit: also, at this walmart i go to,the security loss prevention guy is black with dreads and wears street clothes...he always follows me around...like im black or some shit.

tav at walmart smh

Walmart sweats with the $1500 watch.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Dan Shay

Re: Tired of being judged, does it happen to any of you?  Reply with quote  

Reggie wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
this sounds like what someone who hasn't experienced racism thinks racism is.

this.

For the record, I've talked to quite a few schizophrenics in my time that make belligerent comments just like this in public before they get committed again for being a danger to themselves. (getting their ass stomped for talking shit)
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:01 pm
Inedible Condiment

redball wrote:

ps. I'm not a fan of that thread and I don't base my activity here on it.

That hurts redball, that hurts.

But seriously, racism sucks and all, and if mem's telling the truth then that certainly is a frustrating experience. But judgement doesn't suck to me, I kinda like it. Everyone judges everyone in some way, consciously or unconsciously. Personally I enjoy hearing criticisms of me as a person, not because I give much a shit about how people view me physically, but because I like to evaulate my own image. By that I mean, wether or not I appear to be an asshole, or too talkative, or too shy, etc. etc. Because I care about how other people are affected by my presence.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:05 pm
michaelmichael motorcycle

"Don't judge me!"

-mmmc
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:30 pm
ecapataz

Re: Tired of being judged, does it happen to any of you?  Reply with quote  

Sarcastro wrote:
prolific memorie wrote:

"You mean your gonna serve that light skinned nigger, that's probably impregnated by some dark nigger's evil seed!! Get that nigger the fuck out of this bar."

I don't think this happened. And I'm almost certain this quote didn't happen. Unless you ran into the white Mike Tyson, no one talks like that. Ever.

Funniest thing I've read on this forum in a while. White Mike Tyson! haha!

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Seriously, on what basis do the few of you have, to think that I lie about all the weird shit and craziness , that has occurred in my life? Once again, you leave me feeling alone, as if i should never open my frikin mouth.Like I was beat in to as a young person. Thanks.

And to the others who see what I'm talking about Thank you.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
redball

Mem, you have to earn respect and credibility. A modicum of each is afforded to you before you earn it but that's about it. You have failed to establish credibility, and continue to fail at it. That has caused a loss of respect as well.

Here's what you can do:

Ease yourself into a situation. I know this is the Internets and all and of course we're all anonymous bleeding hearts, but it still isn't a confessional. You don't just walk in and say, "Excuse me father but I was raped, beaten, murdered a dude, accosted by racists, etc., etc.," without letting us get to know you. It was understandable once, but as it went on and the amount of terrible things that you've said about your life is equal to or greater than the amount of normal ones we get the feeling that something is wrong with the picture. It's too late for that now, but I'd rather you learn from the mistake.

Next, stop playing the victim. If someone questions your story defend it legitimately. Don't cry foul simply because someone would dare sully your [nonexistent] reputation. You're better off opening a dialog and talking about what happened. That's not what I've seen. You post some off the wall story that we have no reason to believe then you disappear for a day, when you come back you're offended that anyone doubted you yet you don't bother to provide further explanation. Answer some questions and connect the dots for people, otherwise they will assume you have something to hide. The court of public opinion is not governed by the Bill of Rights. If something is too personal to tell the details then sometimes you should avoid posting it altogether.

Lastly, you can make inroads into a community by befriending a few people who are kind to you. If you show a few people more of yourself then you can utilize their credibility if yours comes into question. Further, you'll likely give them more clues to the puzzle such that they can state with confidence that they know who the hell you are. At that point others in the community are less likely to be wary of you, and even if they are you know that you have a core group to fall back on.

I'll make you a deal, on behalf of the forum. You try harder and we will too. We can move beyond this, really we can.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:01 pm
AdamBomb

prolific memorie wrote:
Seriously, on what basis do the few of you have, to think that I lie about all the weird shit and craziness , that has occurred in my life? Once again, you leave me feeling alone, as if i should never open my frikin mouth.Like I was beat in to as a young person. Thanks.

And to the others who see what I'm talking about Thank you.

Yeah, I have to say I don't like some of the bullying that has gone down in this thread. Mem posts in this forum as a fellow fan of music and I haven't seen her post one judgemental or mean statement on here. Maybe that makes her more of a target because people are hoping to make her lose her cool.

She rocks dreads. Big deal. I don't think its racially motivated or political or any of that. BFD. After the picture thread, I'm sure we could go through everybody's picture and find a way to marginalize or trivialize their style.

Btw, I've heard lots of people in public make white Mike-tysonish comments. Shit, just people-watch at WalMart for an hour (you know what I'm talking about, Trav). [/Springersfinalthought]
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:07 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

redball wrote:
Mem, you have to earn respect and credibility. A modicum of each is afforded to you before you earn it but that's about it. You have failed to establish credibility, and continue to fail at it. That has caused a loss of respect as well.

Here's what you can do:

Ease yourself into a situation. I know this is the Internets and all and of course we're all anonymous bleeding hearts, but it still isn't a confessional. You don't just walk in and say, "Excuse me father but I was raped, beaten, murdered a dude, accosted by racists, etc., etc.," without letting us get to know you. It was understandable once, but as it went on and the amount of terrible things that you've said about your life is equal to or greater than the amount of normal ones we get the feeling that something is wrong with the picture. It's too late for that now, but I'd rather you learn from the mistake.

Next, stop playing the victim. If someone questions your story defend it legitimately. Don't cry foul simply because someone would dare sully your [nonexistent] reputation. You're better off opening a dialog and talking about what happened. That's not what I've seen. You post some off the wall story that we have no reason to believe then you disappear for a day, when you come back you're offended that anyone doubted you yet you don't bother to provide further explanation. Answer some questions and connect the dots for people, otherwise they will assume you have something to hide. The court of public opinion is not governed by the Bill of Rights. If something is too personal to tell the details then sometimes you should avoid posting it altogether.

Lastly, you can make inroads into a community by befriending a few people who are kind to you. If you show a few people more of yourself then you can utilize their credibility if yours comes into question. Further, you'll likely give them more clues to the puzzle such that they can state with confidence that they know who the hell you are. At that point others in the community are less likely to be wary of you, and even if they are you know that you have a core group to fall back on.

I'll make you a deal, on behalf of the forum. You try harder and we will too. We can move beyond this, really we can.

I greatly appreciate the time and words you spent Redball.Thank you.
I know this is a bit corny, but any one can go to my myspace,

myspace.com/prolificmemorie
read my blogs..see the sadness..its more than real. I'm in more pain than i thought any human could or should feel.

I believe it explains a bit of who i am.

When I come in here, I am just being me. When i have a subject i beleive is worthy I speak of it.And am hoping for advice or reassurance "I'm not the only one". As well as story telling, for I am a writer and that's what i do. I may be a writer but when I am in here, I never fabricate things. I've been through more tragedy than I handle, so I share, to just get it out. I thought this was a place that i could share my stories.I know its the internet, i know its a forum. I know there are people of all sorts that will hop on a bandwagon to doubt me.That's why I'm never bitter, even when the most disgusting of things have been said to me.

Overall, I understand exactly what you have told me Redball.

Pieces of Later,

mem
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 pm
Travadone

mem...if youre in pain you dont openly say "look at my myspace...im in pain!"

its like my cousin who wanted a nickname so bad to tattoo on him he started thinking of one...that shit is gay.

you are an attention whore.

suck it

EDIT: i just peeped the myspace, lol that video sage posted is spot on with your pictures of you and your friends....smh
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:37 pm
prolific memorie

Travadone wrote:
mem...if youre in pain you dont openly say "look at my myspace...im in pain!"

its like my cousin who wanted a nickname so bad to tattoo on him he started thinking of one...that shit is gay.

you are an attention whore.

suck it

EDIT: i just peeped the myspace, lol that video sage posted is spot on with your pictures of you and your friends....smh

Go ahead and have surgery on your ribs and spinal cord that you can suck on your own nuts and get over it. Yawn.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 pm
malpractice
post haste

about mem, i just think everything she says comes off like some gimmick account or something. maybe she's just really weird. i dunno.

i agree with everything redball said, but esp this:

redball wrote:
You post some off the wall story that we have no reason to believe then you disappear for a day, when you come back you're offended that anyone doubted you yet you don't bother to provide further explanation. Answer some questions and connect the dots for people, otherwise they will assume you have something to hide.

it just doesnt make sense is all.

and you kinda gotta ease your way in here. trust me, i know. i didnt make the awesomest first impression because i didnt know what i was doing, but that can totally be remedied. im still here. you just gotta chill out a little bit. we're understanding folks, but this is not your personal journal[s] - (i made a joke teehee).
Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:03 am
prolific memorie

I'm sorry i've shared my personal journals then.
No offense to Sage.

A personal journal is a life ,many thoughts, as horrible or wonderful as they may , yet they are true.

Even how i feel about life.
Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:21 am
futuristxen

This thread made me realize that munchausen syndrome was an outdated term, and now according to wiki the term is Factitious. Ever since watching antichrist, I've been interested in factitious syndrome by proxy. So it's nice to see things dovetail together.

The most interesting thing about this thread from my perspective is the righteous anger that Prolific Memorie engenders, and that so much of it comes from feeling that her legitimacy is fake. I think it's really interesting that that's still such an important element for people on the internet. I've met people before on the internet who were not who they said they were, but in my opinion that falsity never actually invalidated the character who I originally dealt with. I also did feel there was seperation between the person who they said they were and the person they later turned out to be. What I mean is that by running around with the mask of the former, I think it changed them significantly enough that when the mask came off, the latter was not the same as the masked persona. I didn't feel lied to, in fact if the person resumed the charade I would still react to it the same, because it's not a charade.

It's my opinion that no one is fake on the internet, and everyone is real. Even when they are not. What's important is that nexus of bio/personality/avatar that results in a particular character inside your head. How you react to that character is a real reaction. And that's the important thing, moreso than whether what they are saying is really existing off of the internet.
Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:28 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next