Search
Register
all things "DEXTER"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

AdamBomb

The intro is so awesome, that it is one of the few shows I don't fast forward through the intro on the DVD (like I had to do with The Wire). I wish I could just watch a whole movie with the same filming technique as the intro.

Anyway, this show is not overrated. Its really unique compared to any other show. I like how each episode builds up a longer overall story, instead of just random occurences/character interaction. Michael C. Hall really makes this show, imo. Who else could play this part?
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:33 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

medicineman wrote:
o-ver-rat-ed!!!

it has it's moments though. the intro is neat.

I agree. the characters arent very likable and the writing is second rate. even so, I still watch it .
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Hm you people that think it's overrated, what shows do you watch? I really don't like TV very much and Dexter is one of the few shows that I watch. So I'm just curious as to what you watch.

Really all I'm looking forward to this fall are Dexter, It's Always Sunny, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and eventually (probably later in the winter) Eastbound and Down
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:06 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.
Re: all things "DEXTER"  Reply with quote  

R. Kamidees wrote:
marc911 wrote:
btw i know there already is a dexter thread but it seemed more focused on its always sunny in philedelphia.

That's because its a great show. Charlie is hilarious in the new kitten mittens promo.

yea. i posted that promo a couple months ago in her somewhere.

"Does your cat make toooo muuch noise???. Try kittens mittens!!"

the look to the left to hear and see flopping off table cat

classic
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Oh Daesu

Lead actor = good.

All supporting actors = terrible.

The show is ok, but not terribly compelling. Nice opening credits.

Please note this is entirely based on season 1.
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 pm
AdamBomb

Oh Daesu wrote:
Lead actor = good.

All supporting actors = terrible.

The show is ok, but not terribly compelling. Nice opening credits.

Please note this is entirely based on season 1.

I think Season 2 and 3 are even better than Season 1. Smitts is Season 3 was awesome. Also, I really think the guy that plays Dexter's dad is really talented. Deb is awkward, but that is her character.

Does anybody know how to achieve the same effects as the intro (camera, filters, frames per second, etc.)?
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:27 pm
marc911
i type like i'm having a seizure.

Bandini wrote:
medicineman wrote:
o-ver-rat-ed!!!

it has it's moments though. the intro is neat.

I agree. the characters arent very likable and the writing is second rate. even so, I still watch it .

we must be watching two different shows. how could you not love dokes, masuka and angel and of course dexter himself. i think the characters are the best part of this show.

back to the trivia; what does angel batista say the color red represents?
Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:44 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

love
Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 am
poisonfree

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:14 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marc911

season premiere of dexter tonight set your dvrs.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:05 pm
prolific memorie

marc911 wrote:
season premiere of dexter tonight set your dvrs.

trust me is has been!!
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:52 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

poisonfree wrote:

thats more like it

i need to get these on dvd
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:48 pm
Vyme

POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

I really enjoyed Smits in season 3, but found the overall arc pretty lacking compared to the previous seasons. Season 2 was fucking tense, and I just never got that sense of urgency from season 3.

Still, it did do a good job of developing Dexter's character as an evolving human being. At first I was disappointed when they started writing him as more emotional and giving a shit about what was happening to the people around him, but in context, it really does make sense. (SERIOUSLY. SPOILERS. STOP READING.)

Has a lot to do with his dad's mantra of "you're going to be like this forever. you're never going to care about anything" falling apart as Harry was exposed to be WAY less perfect than how he was depicted in the first season. Seems like the writers are really pushing that career cop's experience of serial killers =/= actual experience of serial killers. I still can't make total sense of his relationship with Rita, except that you sort of need a developing romance for a show like this.

Supporting cast is amusing, but not always so well developed. I like Angel & Deb & Masuka (well, I like how they're written, even if they're not particularly likable), but sometimes they're a bit internally inconsistent. But when you're dealing with a character like Masuka, who's basically just comic relief, characterization doesn't always have to make total sense.

So, TRIVIA: what does Angel end up getting his wife for their anniversary? BONUS: what are the gifts he rules out along the way?
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 pm
marc911

the gifts are for his daughter i thought and i think he ends up getting a butterfly necklace or is it a key necklace?

thats a good one.

while im trying to remember here is one for ya.

what is the name of dexters bowling team?

and did anyone watch the premiere tonight?
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:23 pm
Vyme

I thought the gift was for his wife, but he ended up giving it to his daughter once [REDACTED]. I might not have been paying close enough attention, though.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next