Profile
Search
Register
Log in
RIP DJ AM
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21581
 Reply with quote  

tommi teardrop wrote:
Mr 9999 wrote:
tommi teardrop wrote:
I also find it crazy how easily people talk shit about a DJ's drug related death and then everyone has sympathy when a traditional songwriter or actor does the same exact shit.


Is that a straw man you just created?
Maybe so. Or maybe it's all the shit that I see people posting on facebook and twitter and shit about how he was just Nicole Ritchie's ex and he was just some shitty junkie dj. And this thread is no different. He's not viewed as a real musician or artist and people think he was just known because because he rolled with celebrities.

I guess I'm just comparing that to how people reacted when Heath Ledger or Elliott Smith etc. died.

Have you really not encountered anybody acting like, "why should I care about some club DJ overdosing?" I've already heard that shit a number of times. Or people asking what made him so great, but doing so in a totally condescending, "come the fuck on" type way.

I think there are elements of that all over the place.

It's whatever though. I just think people's reactions to this have been really shitty. And I think him being a club DJ and tabloid star both play a part in it.

Then you add to that the lack of understanding of what DJs like him do and why they are appreciated, and it was enough for me to post something in response.


You act like you didn't read the thread or see the conclusions we came to.
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:15 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
tommi teardrop wrote:
Mr 9999 wrote:
tommi teardrop wrote:
I also find it crazy how easily people talk shit about a DJ's drug related death and then everyone has sympathy when a traditional songwriter or actor does the same exact shit.


Is that a straw man you just created?
Maybe so. Or maybe it's all the shit that I see people posting on facebook and twitter and shit about how he was just Nicole Ritchie's ex and he was just some shitty junkie dj. And this thread is no different. He's not viewed as a real musician or artist and people think he was just known because because he rolled with celebrities.

I guess I'm just comparing that to how people reacted when Heath Ledger or Elliott Smith etc. died.

Have you really not encountered anybody acting like, "why should I care about some club DJ overdosing?" I've already heard that shit a number of times. Or people asking what made him so great, but doing so in a totally condescending, "come the fuck on" type way.

I think there are elements of that all over the place.

It's whatever though. I just think people's reactions to this have been really shitty. And I think him being a club DJ and tabloid star both play a part in it.

Then you add to that the lack of understanding of what DJs like him do and why they are appreciated, and it was enough for me to post something in response.


You act like you didn't read the thread or see the conclusions we came to.
i still want sage to dj my wedding if i get married.
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 am
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:52 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon