Search
Register
If u weren't aware, the army is not like the commercials!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

If u weren't aware, the army is not like the commercials!  Reply with quote  

This is the "Myspace comment" of the day. At least out of the ones I accept.

Consider this a very important public service announcement:

"i have a request for you to warn everyone that the army is nothing like the commercials.... making them LIES.... so far its regoddamndiculous.... adult day care"
Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

Jesus.
At least they know the commercials are working.
Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 pm
R. Kamidees

IT'S NOT?!!?
Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:02 pm
Buddy Peace

Over here they either try and make the army look like a computer game or like a lads night out... I'm doubtful that it's like that. Some of the adverts in the past have been regoddamndiculous too.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:33 am
mzehe916

HELLO! You should tell that person that the hamburgers on T.V. don't look the same as the ones from the drive thru.

The only enticing thing about the ARMY commercials is the running through the mud and swinging on ropes. If someone thinks that they want to be in the Army and don't have at least 3 friends try to talk them out of it then I think they need more friends. I'm actually in shock that the military doesn't accept people without GED's or equivalent. Isn't is common knowledge that the military is mainly used as a reform school (at least this is true with most people I know who joined). I mean, some join for honor and tradition and the other 93% (not a real stat) join because they are tired of getting stoned and watching their friends move away to college.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 am
Bob_ptmfus

Drat. I was really looking forward to climbing a mountain and having my clothes morph into a Marine's uniform.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 am
remind

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:06 am
futuristxen

My sister is considering joining the navy with her boyfriend, so he can pay off his college loans and she can get him to marry her.

I kid you not.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

mzehe916 wrote:
HELLO! You should tell that person that the hamburgers on T.V. don't look the same as the ones from the drive thru.

I bet there is a blog about things like this.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 am
Smurf Stomper

The military is so intriguing to me. Every time I'm at the movies and the National Guard commercial comes on, I get the itch to join up. I like the idea of being able to defend our country and helping out in natural disasters. Then I realize that I would probably end up being nothing more than a glorified security guard for some rich ass corporation.

Since Obama has been in office, I have considered it a bit more seriously though...
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 am
sparrow

oo

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:54 am
Stumbleweed

Ha, get 'em Fidel.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jared Paul

Smurf Stomper wrote:
The military is so intriguing to me. Every time I'm at the movies and the National Guard commercial comes on, I get the itch to join up. I like the idea of being able to defend our country and helping out in natural disasters. Then I realize that I would probably end up being nothing more than a glorified security guard for some rich ass corporation.

Since Obama has been in office, I have considered it a bit more seriously though...

Whenever I see military commercials or 3 Doors Down "Citizen Soldier" propaganda music videos come up during movie previews I BOOOOOOOO. Loudly. A couple times other people have boooed along with me, usually it just gets really quiet and awkward, and my mom pinches my arm, and whispers angrily like we were in church back in the day. Sometimes people people, other times they want to argue- that's when the fun begins.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Jared Paul wrote:
Smurf Stomper wrote:

Whenever I see military commercials or 3 Doors Down "Citizen Soldier" propaganda music videos come up during movie previews I BOOOOOOOO. Loudly. A couple times other people have boooed along with me, usually it just gets really quiet and awkward, and my mom pinches my arm, and whispers angrily like we were in church back in the day. Sometimes people people, other times they want to argue- that's when the fun begins.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

haha ohhh the 3 Doors Down music video. I forgot about that.

Christ. It brings up so many questions. and no answers. I'll try booing next time.

Also, Jared are you suggesting that you booed loudly during church? That's a whole new level right there.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 pm
benjy compson

Stumbleweed wrote:
get 'em Fidel.

k.

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:18 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next