Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Interesting Wikipedia pages.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
SlickWillyP
HILL GIANT


Joined: 28 Jun 2004
Posts: 2118
Location: zoo hampshire
 Reply with quote  

outpatient wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731


get. the. fuck. outta here. that is some wack shit.

anything under 'other experiments' is otherwordly.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
zeem



Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 3885
Location: elsewhere
 Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan-Ove_Waldner

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
breakfast



Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 2895
 Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-sea_gigantism
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
visionary
HILL GIANT


Joined: 07 Aug 2003
Posts: 731
Location: Seattle
 Reply with quote  

breakfast wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-sea_gigantism


That is creepy.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
cakes



Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2586
 Reply with quote  

visionary wrote:
breakfast wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-sea_gigantism


That is creepy.
awesome.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
meta4



Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 100
 Reply with quote  

Im surprised this thread isn't longer yet.....

Naga Fire Balls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_fireballs

Mysterious Pipes from Caveman Era?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baigong_Pipes

Raining Animals are real.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals

Star Jelly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
z-spot22



Joined: 19 Dec 2003
Posts: 3101
Location: chicago
 Reply with quote  

SlickWillyP wrote:
outpatient wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731


get. the. fuck. outta here. that is some wack shit.

anything under 'other experiments' is otherwordly.


if you dig a little you can find much worse things the Japanese Imperial Army did than whats on that list.....and also, many of these tests were very similar to those executed by Hitler and his science team.....not sayin that makes it ok, it just makes you wonder what people are thinking sometimes
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
marshall84



Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 2154
Location: KS
 Reply with quote  

z-spot22 wrote:
SlickWillyP wrote:
outpatient wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731


get. the. fuck. outta here. that is some wack shit.

anything under 'other experiments' is otherwordly.


if you dig a little you can find much worse things the Japanese Imperial Army did than whats on that list.....and also, many of these tests were very similar to those executed by Hitler and his science team.....not sayin that makes it ok, it just makes you wonder what people are thinking sometimes

Also:

"After Imperial Japan surrendered to the Allies in 1945, Douglas MacArthur became the Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, rebuilding Japan during the Allied occupation. MacArthur secretly granted immunity to the physicians of Unit 731 in exchange for providing America with their research on biological warfare.[7]

The United States believed that the research data was valuable because the Allies had never conducted or condoned such experiments on humans due to moral and political revulsion. The United States also did not want other nations, particularly the Soviet Union, to acquire data on biological weapons, not to mention the military benefits of such research.[23]"

This is fucked up, too. The Nazi scientist got put on trial, but these ones got away with it because the research would help the US. It's really problematic... we learn a lot about how the human body works from this kind of horrific shit...
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
z-spot22



Joined: 19 Dec 2003
Posts: 3101
Location: chicago
 Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yojimbo_(film)

Last edited by z-spot22 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
z-spot22



Joined: 19 Dec 2003
Posts: 3101
Location: chicago
 Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

think i found out about this here a while back, still fascinating to me
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21594
 Reply with quote  

z-spot22 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

think i found out about this here a while back, still fascinating to me



Mark Dice, a Christian conservative political activist, demanded that the Guidestones "be smashed into a million pieces, and then the rubble used for a construction project", claiming that the Guidestones are of "a deep Satanic origin"

Lord forbid the 10 commandments be as rational and intelligent as these 10 "satanic" commandments:

#1 Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
#2 Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
#3 Unite humanity with a living new language.
#4 Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
#5 Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
#6 Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
#7 Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
#8 Balance personal rights with social duties.
#9 Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
#10 Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Smurf Stomper



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 755
Location: Zoo Town
 Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
z-spot22 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

think i found out about this here a while back, still fascinating to me



Mark Dice, a Christian conservative political activist, demanded that the Guidestones "be smashed into a million pieces, and then the rubble used for a construction project", claiming that the Guidestones are of "a deep Satanic origin"

Lord forbid the 10 commandments be as rational and intelligent as these 10 "satanic" commandments:

#1 Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
#2 Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
#3 Unite humanity with a living new language.
#4 Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
#5 Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
#6 Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
#7 Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
#8 Balance personal rights with social duties.
#9 Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
#10 Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature


I think I posted something about this on here awhile ago. I want to go check this out...
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
note1



Joined: 10 Jul 2002
Posts: 1260
Location: providence
 Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_articles



This thread should've gotten more love....
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
sick_transit



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 Reply with quote  

dsodreams wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabazon_Dinosaurs


hahah, i've driven past those a few times. fuck going to palm springs, though. hot as hell
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
remind



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 2202
Location: NJ
 Reply with quote  

zeem wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan-Ove_Waldner




This was the highlight of my day.
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon