Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Questionable arrest and tasing
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
phataccino



Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Posts: 4772
 Reply with quote  

Astro wrote:
You can't expect the cop to follow rules while allowing her to disrespect those rules.

Uhhh...yeah, you can. And should. Tasers should be used only when a cop or someone else is in danger, not to make a harmless person comply with a request.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message
sparrow



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 331
Location: stolen land, the place where spirits get eaten.
 Reply with quote  

00

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19363
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

She got out of the car and then was not following his direction to get back in the car, which has to be a stressful situation for a cop, because you don't know if she's distracting you while someone in the back seat pulls out a gun and blasts you.

She got what she deserved. She thought because she was a mother and had kids there she had free licence to do what she wanted. Frankly I'm glad she met back up with reality in a non-lethal way.

And if she had been black and done that, he wouldn't have put her down that gently. That's for sure.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
icarus502
kung-pwn master


Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 11289
Location: ann arbor
 Reply with quote  

sparrow wrote:


mzehe916 wrote:

She should have gone Prolific Memorie on the cop and make up a story to tell people on the internet.


unnecessary and dumb.



Did you read her story about her getting tased in the chest, getting up, punching the tasing cop, menacingly telling them what to do, then walking away? That story would be hard to swallow anywhere, but I lived in Pensacola. I can't imagine a P'cola cop getting punched by a hippie and then walking away punked out, even if said hippie is a white girl.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
icarus502
kung-pwn master


Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 11289
Location: ann arbor
 Reply with quote  

futuristxen wrote:


And if she had been black and done that, he wouldn't have put her down that gently. That's for sure.


That may be true though I'm not sure it is, I mean, tasing a woman in front of their kids for insubordination isn't gentle. And, at any rate, that the cop might have been more brutal to someone else is no excuse for brutality there.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19363
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

icarus502 wrote:
futuristxen wrote:


And if she had been black and done that, he wouldn't have put her down that gently. That's for sure.


That may be true though I'm not sure it is, I mean, tasing a woman in front of their kids for insubordination isn't gentle. And, at any rate, that the cop might have been more brutal to someone else is no excuse for brutality there.


I'm reminded of that video of that girl in jail where the cops storm in, throw her face into the cement and then drag her out, with the only thing remaining a blood stain at the bottom of the cell.

And this one, which seems the exact same kind of stop, except a black lady instead of a white one, she gets tazed twice and she even got back in the car:

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
sparrow



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 331
Location: stolen land, the place where spirits get eaten.
 Reply with quote  

00

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
sparrow



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 331
Location: stolen land, the place where spirits get eaten.
 Reply with quote  

00

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19363
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

sparrow wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
She got what she deserved.


so you endorse authoritarianism?


I don't endorse anarchy. I don't like cops, but until people start policing themselves we need them. It's fun to say fuck the police, but as a girl who works alone at a hotel at night on a side of town with a lot of drunks and crazy people, I sure do appreciate them coming when I call them.

As for this specific situation, I've heard too many instances of cops getting killed at the roadside during these kinds of stops. You're going to blatantly disregard a cop's orders in a routine traffic stop? You're stupid, wreckless, inconsiderate, and you're lucky you don't get shot.

The traffic stop is not the place to argue. That's what court is for.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
mzehe916



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 4543
Location: Switzerland
 Reply with quote  

sparrow wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
sparrow wrote:


mzehe916 wrote:

She should have gone Prolific Memorie on the cop and make up a story to tell people on the internet.


unnecessary and dumb.



Did you read her story about her getting tased in the chest, getting up, punching the tasing cop, menacingly telling them what to do, then walking away? That story would be hard to swallow anywhere, but I lived in Pensacola. I can't imagine a P'cola cop getting punched by a hippie and then walking away punked out, even if said hippie is a white girl.


it is of course possible. only she really knows. im honestly not concerned about that but why does it give someone a ticket to be negative nancy? if you dont believe it then dont believe. no need to be a jerky. what does it really do? "oh damn mzehe916 you called her out she looks so bad and you look so superior because her story is more unlikely than likely! you got her!"


So by me being "jerky" you get to be "jerky"? OK, way to go Jack, you got me. Woot. I think this community is a little too established to drop some, "I got tased and punched a cop" steez. Simple as that. I don't buy it, that is my opinion. Buy what you want.


Edit: I just want to ad, Ic, that I am fully aware that punching a cop and getting away with it is possible. I think the video that was posted a few months ago with the demonstrator punching the cop as he was on top of another demonstrator is a classic example of how it can be effectively done. By effectively, I mean that both demonstrators got away.

I'm not a big fan of cops, but like futurist said, until we start policing ourselves we need them. They serve a purpose and if done properly they would be great. It just doesn't happen like that.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
sparrow



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 331
Location: stolen land, the place where spirits get eaten.
 Reply with quote  

00

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
sparrow



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 331
Location: stolen land, the place where spirits get eaten.
 Reply with quote  

oo

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19363
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

sparrow wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
sparrow wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
She got what she deserved.


so you endorse authoritarianism?


I don't endorse anarchy. I don't like cops, but until people start policing themselves we need them. It's fun to say fuck the police, but as a girl who works alone at a hotel at night on a side of town with a lot of drunks and crazy people, I sure do appreciate them coming when I call them.

As for this specific situation, I've heard too many instances of cops getting killed at the roadside during these kinds of stops. You're going to blatantly disregard a cop's orders in a routine traffic stop? You're stupid, wreckless, inconsiderate, and you're lucky you don't get shot.

The traffic stop is not the place to argue. That's what court is for.


i guess i ultimately don't understand how your fear of violence becomes amplified to such a high level as to advocate violence in a clearly non-violent situation, from a few fringe examples that you site.



I don't see it as a clearly non-violent situation. A clearly non-violent situation would be her cooperating and doing what she is told to do. Just because she's a mother and has kids in the van doesn't mean she's not capable of violence or turning that situation into a danger for herself, the cop, or the kids inside. We can't even hear the audio because she's yacking over the video, so you don't know what she was saying to the cop and what her attitude was, beyond that it was such that she felt she needed to get out of the car against the cops orders, and then not get out of the car when he asked her to.

I guess as someone who works alone and deals with a lot of diffrent types of people, I can see why the cop would be stressed in that situation. And I've been pulled over before as well, and the whole thing went smoothly. It's not a hard process to negotiate.

I just don't see how you can completely lack empathy of what that situation is.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
sparrow



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 331
Location: stolen land, the place where spirits get eaten.
 Reply with quote  

oo

Last edited by sparrow on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Nahgied



Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Posts: 376
Location: Ontario
 Reply with quote  

i just dont think police should be given tools that help them disassociate themselves with the violence of their actions. pressing a neat little button on a neat little tool and the law breaker drops, yes. but I'd rather the cop have to billy them so he/she can really feel a part of what they are inflicting.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:26 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon