Search
Register
The hottest new trend: Carrying guns to an Obama protest
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

McTools

AZ's one of the last states in the Union to have a open carry law. From what I've been told, if your a local resident, you have the right to brandish your weapon on your hip or over your shoulder in public. I havn't read any of the laws or stipulations. He does appear to be in a business suit as well, so he, unlike probably most of the crowd, decided to carry his weapon out in the open for all to see probably to make a statement, but I'm sure that the rest of the crowd was just as armed, just keeping them concealed which is legal in all states!

(Here's where I bitch and wine about gun laws like a spoiled 16 year old!)

Why is it every time they go after guns, commonly the go after the 50 cal rifle first? A gun that kills 0 people a year in the US! They tryed to ban it twice durring Bushs administration, and each time militias from all over the US said they would take to the streets if it passed. They've also sewed and tried to jail people that have made conversion kits that would turn your rifle into a 50 cal, again why? This caliber is made for piercing steel and really fucking shit up, and basicly, if martial law was declaired and a group of hum-vs and tanks came down your street, if you wanted to fight back and didn't have a 50 cal rifle you might as well through rocks. It's the only caliber that a civilian can own that would pose a threat to a military pressence. That's why they try to ban it, not for your safety, not to prevent crime, not to prevent civilians being killed, it's for their protection, with out that gun our right to bear arms means almost nothing, rraaarrrgggghhh!

"Swastikas, guns, "our country". shit is getting weird."

Thanks for this, me and every gun owner on the planet thank you for this statement, for sure the african american carring the AR thanks you for the swastikas/guns reference. People from all walks of life shoot and own guns, and only a small percentage (not icluding the military) commit crimes and shoot people with them. Thanks to all the people really throwing any one who owns a gun in the crazy, stupid, sorry, "people are just to stupid to know they are stupid" category. None of your grampa's have a .22? You've never fired a gun? There's stupid people in every walk of life, but guns have nothing to do with that. Would you rather it be machetes? Sorry, got kind of mad there, but I don't want no one to take my guns, and I hate to hear bad about em, had to hear it most my life from my mom, then she relized my gun wasn't going to jump off the couch and shoot here and she married a gun toter and even has her own now little .22 revolver.

Here, this 'll help my case! Ha!
Photobucket

27, sweet, heard those FN's are nice, I got my self a Bushmaster M4, 4 position tactical stock, EO holographic sights (like the guy in the picture under discussion), surefire flashlight front grip with the IR filter, and of corse the beta 100 round drum. Pictured above I'm holding my AK with the folding stock, 100 round chines drum, and my body armor. And that AR-57 is crazy! They just included a vertical feed system into the upper! That's pretty inovative, makes the lower feed obsoliet though hu, through a clip in it for a front grip!
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:05 pm
box johnson

futuristxen wrote:
neveragainlikesheep wrote:
All I can say is that if Obama bows to these fucking morons our country is totally fucked. If that happens it will show the Republicans that no matter how low they go, they'll get what they want. It's about time we just did the truly American thing to do and shove this legislation up their asses.

Yes!

Obama has been compromising too easily. He needs to pick the plan he wants, and then set his crew out there like Bush did, with some talking points, and just say them over and over until we've got healthcare.

If bush could sell us Iraq, why can't Obama sell us Healthcare?

Bush had people scared. Conservatives are doing a great job of selling scared (ie death panels) to people right now.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm
McTools

futuristxen wrote:

Yes!

Obama has been compromising too easily. He needs to pick the plan he wants, and then set his crew out there like Bush did, with some talking points, and just say them over and over until we've got healthcare.

(Round of applause!) Randy McTools likes this. This has humourous aspects. And is very right.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 pm
futuristxen

box johnson wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
All I can say is that if Obama bows to these fucking morons our country is totally fucked. If that happens it will show the Republicans that no matter how low they go, they'll get what they want. It's about time we just did the truly American thing to do and shove this legislation up their asses.

Yes!

Bush had people scared. Conservatives are doing a great job of selling scared (ie death panels) to people right now.

Why not run an end around on their scared with their own scare tactics? Get the public option down to some bullet points and ram them down the right's throats.

If they sold this properly, then they would have the votes. It's the pissy sales job which is bleeding dem votes.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:54 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

McTools wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

Yes!

(Round of applause!) Randy McTools likes this. This has humourous aspects. And is very right.

Yea, Mem likes it too, good point! But just to be clear i didn't buy Iraq ever. And about the gun toting , i personally don't see a reason to bear arms unless your going to use them.There not accessories.

pieces of later,
mem
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

MCtools: Yeah the AR-57's are really dope. They also make an upper with an 11 inch barrel if you want to go the SBR route. They're machined out of one solid block of aluminum too. Also, the magazine well on the AR lower is where the five seven casings are ejected... so not necessarily obsolete. I was thinking about how you could fabricate some kind of brass catcher out of an AR mag for it.

Oh yeah, not that I want to see any banning going on but in all fairness I can see the other side of things living in AZ. A big thing we have going on here and other states that border Mexico is that the cartels will have young "gangsters" with clean records purchase guns and run them down there. I used to work at a gun shop/range and they already had like 3 guns traced back to crimes in MEX. On three separate occasions we've had random young thugs come in with a bag full of cash wanting to buy "that one .50 caliber" and not knowing anything about the rifle... just that they wanted it.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:05 pm
neveragainlikesheep

The hottest new trend: Yelling "Heil Hitler" at Israeli pro-Universal Health Care protesters:

http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2009/08/video-townhall-woman-mocks-jewish-man.html

Time to call the racist by it's name. This shit makes me want to murder people.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:18 pm
box johnson

futuristxen wrote:
box johnson wrote:

Why not run an end around on their scared with their own scare tactics? Get the public option down to some bullet points and ram them down the right's throats.

If they sold this properly, then they would have the votes. It's the pissy sales job which is bleeding dem votes.

How would you execute that? And not "you", per say, but Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.
That's not their game.
I mean, LeBron could play tight end for a few downs before a middle linebacker takes his head off.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:32 pm
poisonfree

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
Secret Service is on their shit. I'm not worried about someone getting hurt (outside of the idiots with the guns), but an attempt is on its way. Or at least thats how it feels. The fact that they are using it as intimidation (knowing damn well the connotation) is beyond just the physical threat of having a gun there. This whole thing is really getting creepy. The reason we have the right to our guns is incase we need to over throw the gov't. These motherfuckers seem to be thinking like that. Swastikas, guns, "our country". shit is getting weird.

i just had this discussion today, it is fucking weird, creepy, and makes me feel uneasy.

so a depressing +1

EDIT: just watched that "Heil Hitler" video.... Waooooooooooooooooooooow

For fuck's sake man...
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

McTools wrote:

"Swastikas, guns, "our country". shit is getting weird."

Thanks for this, me and every gun owner on the planet thank you for this statement, for sure the african american carring the AR thanks you for the swastikas/guns reference. People from all walks of life shoot and own guns, and only a small percentage (not icluding the military) commit crimes and shoot people with them. Thanks to all the people really throwing any one who owns a gun in the crazy, stupid, sorry, "people are just to stupid to know they are stupid" category. None of your grampa's have a .22? You've never fired a gun? There's stupid people in every walk of life, but guns have nothing to do with that. Would you rather it be machetes? Sorry, got kind of mad there, but I don't want no one to take my guns, and I hate to hear bad about em, had to hear it most my life from my mom, then she relized my gun wasn't going to jump off the couch and shoot here and she married a gun toter and even has her own now little .22 revolver.

homie I wasn't equating guns to accusations of nazism & implying that this country was better when it belonged to "us" (whoever "us" is in that example). But yes, when you put those things together, shit is fucking crazy to be around town-hall meetings and stuff of that nature. Guns are fine. But I'm not comfortable with them in this particular venue, with the things that are going on.

The last thing I want to do is make your gun-toting ass mad. But I was in no way implying guns & swastikas were on the same level, and I think that is obvious. I think I was pretty clear in the context of what I said. sorry you caught feelings but carrying a gun while standing in opposition of our current president has a pretty clear connotation attached to it.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:42 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

box johnson wrote:
Well, they can't bring their God to cling to. He's got a waffle to appear on in Dusseldorf.

Ha.

I don't know if that dude was pro/con Obama/Health Care reform, but regardless of his skin tone, he's a fucking moron for bringing a gun to place like that. This isn't 1770. We don't need to carry muskets around to protect ourselves any more.

coming from the Tokyo guy.

SMH.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:35 pm
Oh Daesu

McTools wrote:
It's the only caliber that a civilian can own that would pose a threat to a military pressence. That's why they try to ban it, not for your safety, not to prevent crime, not to prevent civilians being killed, it's for their protection, with out that gun our right to bear arms means almost nothing, rraaarrrgggghhh!

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:35 pm
neveragainlikesheep

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
box johnson wrote:
Well, they can't bring their God to cling to. He's got a waffle to appear on in Dusseldorf.

Ha.

I don't know if that dude was pro/con Obama/Health Care reform, but regardless of his skin tone, he's a fucking moron for bringing a gun to place like that. This isn't 1770. We don't need to carry muskets around to protect ourselves any more.

SMH.

Come again? The cancer rays coming from the Moon Commies' lunar base seem to have disrupted my understanding of your post.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:40 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

maybe the guy was a plant.

maybe he was plainclothes.

maybe he was an NSA secret agent like my friends dad.

maybe he is a modern day black panther.

maybe maybe maybe.

all we know is ...he had a gun...
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
box johnson wrote:

Ha.

SMH.

Come again? The cancer rays coming from the Moon Commies' lunar base seem to have disrupted my understanding of your post.

if you believe in communist lunar bases that "cell phone jam" human brains and cells, i'll make you a tin foil hat in the shape of a princess tiara buddy.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next