Register
Mac Lethal and RSE part ways. Grieves and BCR part ways
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

MF Noob

Mac Lethal and RSE part ways. Grieves and BCR part ways  Reply with quote  

Mac Lethal from Lethalville:

"Hey all,

I am getting ready to pass out soon, with the ambition of waking up in time to attend my precious nephew's 5th birthday party early tomorrow morning. But I wanted to touch on a couple things before I track sheep with my proverbial abacus.

First of all, as I touched on during the live VLOG sessions -- I am no longer apart of Rhymesayers Entertainment.

This decision was a very difficult one to make for me. They are great folks, and I have always looked up to them as being pioneers of independent music, and obviously Atmosphere for kicking down the doors for D.I.Y. artists to be able to do what we do now.

Basically, I feel that living in Kansas City prevents me from really being able to communicate thoroughly with those guys, and it hinders our ability to truly pursue an endeavor effectively. They grinded it out hard for me, and vice versa, but in the end, I just feel it's best for us to go separate ways. I want to really focus on Black Clover, and nothing else.

I have absolutely no desire to be apart of any other record label. Rhymesayers was always the only label I ever wanted to be apart of, and I am thankful they gave me the opportunity. It is a completely amicable decision, and I am proud to have been apart of their movement.

I have nothing but love for those dudes, and wish them well. I just feel something so special with Black Clover, you guys, our family, and our movement. It's ridiculous. So a toast to Atmosphere and Rhymesayers, I wish 100 years of success! Thank you for the love, and good luck progressing forward.

Let's move on to this other minor little thing:

A certain someone left Black Clover. I could write 28 paragraphs of an explanation, but why?

I think for nearly the last 2 years I have done nothing but co-sign and promote this cat. I have stuck my neck out for him and made sure everyone in my reach knew who he was. In fact, today when discussing ideas for a few West Coast shows (involving a very large British rapper, more info soon ) with Charles De Mar, I realized that for the last 2 years, all I have done is tour so my Black Clover Family could be on the road getting exposure.

A part of the reason that I left Rhymesayers in the first place was so I could land this killer distribution deal Black Clover now has. Understandably Rhymesayers couldn't allow me to do that AND be an RSE artist, so they granted me the decision to leave and pursue my own dreams, respectively. But I find it weird that I have given so much of myself out to other people.

I haven't sat down with DJ Sku and banged out an amazing, unfuckwithable set since 2007 before Atmosphere's Everybody Loves a Clown Tour. I have been grueling it out on the road, in the name of pushing cats I wanted to be apart of my family, for quite some time now.

Well, that is all about to change.

We are no longer defending cats against people who we didn't have a problem with in the first place.

We are no longer exposing you guys to people who don't deeply appreciate the connection you have with The Ville and The Clover, and how you fuel our operation with your blood, sweat, tears, and beer farts.

It's no longer a Soulcrate Summer. It's a fucking Soulcrate decade.

It's a Black Clover century.

It's a Mac Lethal millennium.

If you know my phone number, and have something to say about this, then say it tomorrow live on the phone. I am driving to Oklahoma City all day, and will gladly correct your mistakes, misinterpretations, or misunderstandings.

I say this with love, and luck to you.

No more fucking around. The past 2 years have been the most hedonistic, selfless years of my life, and that's it. It's time to splatter cats with emotive thought and sound once again.

Patric, ban whoever runs their mouth inappropriately.

Beer Fest is going to be incredible. With or without dude. Pre-sales are already higher than ANY Black Clover show we have done.

Black Clover Forever.

-mac"
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:44 pm
jehu

good for mac. its awesome that the rse split is amicable. i wouldn't expect any less from slug & that crew. good for both sides. that said, i wasn't down w/ rse asking mac to change his 1st record so dramatically, especially when you hear the original 11:11 compared to the rse approved version. it irks me when a label say they believe in an artist & then tells them to go back to the drawing board after pouring out their blood, sweat & tears. that shit makes no sense. of course it's w/ good intentions but it doesn't make it right. but whatever, thats just my opinion, having helped recorded other people. thats my rant.

more importantly tho, here's a cheers to mac's liberation & freedom!!!
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:59 pm
Travadone

my lethalville thread that was deleted shits on black clover and whatever else they decide to do, buncha lame undercover kansas city juggalos

u gonna need these to get any where

mac is sad :'(

the cocksucking in that thread over there is on unbearable levels.

"omg wheres grieves"

"black clover all the way man"

"i wanna suck a dick"

who the fuck is grieves.

some lame actually said "grieves got me into hiphop"

fuck.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 pm
ko-d

jehu wrote:
good for mac. its awesome that the rse split is amicable. i wouldn't expect any less from slug & that crew. good for both sides. that said, i wasn't down w/ rse asking mac to change his 1st record so dramatically, especially when you hear the original 11:11 compared to the rse approved version. it irks me when a label say they believe in an artist & then tells them to go back to the drawing board after pouring out their blood, sweat & tears. that shit makes no sense. of course it's w/ good intentions but it doesn't make it right. but whatever, thats just my opinion, having helped recorded other people. thats my rant.

I'm pretty sure it didn't happen even close to the way you just described it.

Good luck Mac Lethal.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:36 pm
Confidential

what is a killer distribution deal?
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:36 pm
jehu

ko-d wrote:
jehu wrote:

I'm pretty sure it didn't happen even close to the way you just described it.

Good luck Mac Lethal.

it's just an opinion, you don't have to agree w/ it. it's just the way i see it from the outside. yes the original is dark, but mac has stated himself, that's where his head was at at the time of writing those tracks. and look how awesome the original 11:11 is.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:46 pm
Troxell

My favorite part is that Trav is so salty, he is still reading the threads over there. Black Clover sucks for sure. I am with Trav. Undercover Juggalos. Pathetic.

Hi Trav! The Gathering was fuckin great man! I missed ya!
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

well, good luck to all. so long as everyone is happy about their own personal choices who cares what everyone else thinks.

as for trav, if it werent for trav, entire days would go by where i didnt laugh at anything at all.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm
Travadone

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
well, good luck to all. so long as everyone is happy about their own personal choices who cares what everyone else thinks.

as for trav, if it werent for trav, entire days would go by where i didnt laugh at anything at all.
thanks crazy...i appreciate that,but you have that thing that is between us........a bf.

smh.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:50 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

maybe Mac was pissed Psalm One moved more units then him on Rhymesayers.....

i Kid ..I kid..
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:53 pm
Travadone

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
maybe Mac was pissed Psalm One moved more units then him on Rhymesayers.....

i Kid ..I kid..
stop with the "i kid i kid" if you feel it say it, dont be afraid of the banhammer. grayskul sells more than mac.

grayskul lol
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 pm
Lants

so over trav's attention whoring.

good luck mac.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:30 pm
neveragainlikesheep

DRAMA!
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

You know, as many may have noticed...in recent months (close to a year) we've been very lax with this forum. I don't care to go out of my way banning people. But if you want to pretend like you're going out in a blaze of glory, making it a point to say "YOU GONNA BAN ME NOW? HUH...YOU GONNA BAN ME?"

yes, motherfucker. I'm going to ban you.
Now you can talk all the shit you want on lethalville or the sole forum.

If you think "Grives" is so dope, then spell his name correctly next time Mr. Upinak.

-SFR 4 li(f)e
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:54 pm
Travadone

look at upinaks avatar over there...i will beat the shit out of that kid.
Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next