Profile
Search
Register
Log in
no Ohio Militia thread yet?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11616
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

the mean wrote:
mortalthoughts wrote:
Travadone wrote:
if anyone invaded the country it wouldnt be in ohio hahahah

it would be the federal govt. doing it everywhere

Please explain.


nothing to explain really i just could see the feds taking over gestapo style in the not to distant future
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
the mean
Certified O.G.


Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Posts: 6498
Location: philly/sacto/kauai/ohio
 Reply with quote  

mortalthoughts wrote:
nothing to explain really i just could see the feds taking over gestapo style in the not to distant future

I'm sure there is a teaparty begging for your attendance.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 am
 View user's profile Send private message
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 6311
Location: airstrip one
 Reply with quote  

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:00 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
neveragainlikesheep



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2536
Location: TKO from Tokyo
 Reply with quote  

mortalthoughts wrote:
the mean wrote:
mortalthoughts wrote:
Travadone wrote:
if anyone invaded the country it wouldnt be in ohio hahahah

it would be the federal govt. doing it everywhere

Please explain.


nothing to explain really i just could see the feds taking over gestapo style in the not to distant future


Yeah, and what will drive 'em to do that are these fucking right wing idiots who are talking about over throwing the government. They'll bring to life their own nightmare in Quixotic fashion. HOORAY!
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
redball



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 6871
Location: Northern New Jersey
 Reply with quote  

I thought he infowars crowds were lefties.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:47 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
neveragainlikesheep



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2536
Location: TKO from Tokyo
 Reply with quote  

redball wrote:
I thought he infowars crowds were lefties.


Fuck no. They fashion themselves as "Libertarians" but the truth is they are just a bunch of nutjob right wingers.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
C.R.A.Z.Y



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 2737
Location: Vote for me and i'll vote for you.
 Reply with quote  

i didnt watch the video but from what i gather y'all think it is crazy. havent installed the right flash players in this thing yet.

on the subject of militias though, they are very important and a big part of the history of america. they are in part a reason why we got out from under britians thumb and also this is one reason why the constitution gives us rights to guns. it sure aint so we can bag ten point bucks.


since everything has been mostly comfortable in america it is easy to laugh at the idea of a militia, but ask someone in a tumulous region of upheaval that isnt allowed guns if they wish they could form militias.

tsk tsk.


i for one would be pleased to join a militia. can't front, countries get invaded and if this one continues to crumble, that would be the perfect opportunity for the carpet baggers and scalliwagers to try to institute hard communism or something of the like. america is such a useful place with so many resources and so much land and work force, why wouldnt it be a possibility if we continue to falter, borrowing our way into bigger and bigger messes in this global economy? our own military is always away on business and i know the guard is meant to protect us here at home but in some communities where everyone has a gun and a militia it would be a lot harder to take them. but at least they would go with a struggle, and taker a few of the enemy with them. probably wont happen but that doesnt mean it couldnt.

i know military hardware is a lot more inventive then just guns today and having a gun and a militia dont mean shit anymore in the grand scheme of things, not when we have nerve toxins, DU, napalm and missiles and shit, but still, the right to own a firearm was not written in this constitution for naught. one guy with a gun...meh. every guy on the block, with a gun and a plan, organized and ready in the event of an eventual foreign military invasion disaster ...not so meh. remember militias are an old fashioned invent and for their intended purposes are quite obscured by now, but that still doesnt mean they couldnt come in handy.

it is quite easy to laugh at the dudes and call them nuts and some of them are, because things like that attract paranoid meathead bozos, but in general your average militia is a good thing. i believe. IMO. we have a right to remain sovereign.


Last edited by C.R.A.Z.Y on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
the mean
Certified O.G.


Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Posts: 6498
Location: philly/sacto/kauai/ohio
 Reply with quote  

CRAZY, you realize it's not 1770, right?
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
redball



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 6871
Location: Northern New Jersey
 Reply with quote  

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
redball wrote:
I thought he infowars crowds were lefties.


Fuck no. They fashion themselves as "Libertarians" but the truth is they are just a bunch of nutjob right wingers.


Ah, okay. I don't know because I avoid it like the plague but every person who has ever linked me to an infowars article has been at least a social liberal, though some were political conservative.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
C.R.A.Z.Y



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 2737
Location: Vote for me and i'll vote for you.
 Reply with quote  

the mean, you didnt fully read what i wrote before you tried to pwn me did you? i used the words old fashioned and obscured and so digest before you attempt to pwn. makes you look like a wanker.

my point is that the right to a gun, form a militia and remain sovereign is in our constitution. even if the right to form a militia is perceived as relatively useless, try taking it away. taking away a right, even one regarded as archaic merely causes more people to come out of the wood work and do things such as join militias.

duh.

it is in the consitution and although times have changed it still remains in the constitution so people may cleave unto it no matter how old fashioned. it is their right to.

anyhow, i doubt anyone would ever try to take us over with all our allies and weapons and shit so it's not like i'm out dialing up a militia because i expect to be overtaken by the commies, lol, but i do think militias would come in handy if we had some sort of major disaster situation like a global epidemic or a similar nightmare ( insert here ) some areas with militias would possibly be able to receive various forms of aid this way and in effect survive a little better. militias arent just to fight off commies or whatever.

in anycase to me, the zapitistas were a bit of a modern sort of militia and i can't help but love what they did with their words, organization, and their guns, even as they moved on to become a political force of their own.

some other countries, even though it is not 1770 would still kiss the ground you walk on for a gun and a militia so we should all be thankful we have that right even though we perceive it as useless by now.

there's an old adage. the bigger they are the harder they fall. one should never perceive ones self as infalliable and thus make all best efforts to shore ones self up as best as one can, making full use of all ones rights


Last edited by C.R.A.Z.Y on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
icarus502
kung-pwn master


Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 11291
Location: ann arbor
 Reply with quote  

mortalthoughts wrote:
the mean wrote:
mortalthoughts wrote:
Travadone wrote:
if anyone invaded the country it wouldnt be in ohio hahahah

it would be the federal govt. doing it everywhere

Please explain.


nothing to explain really i just could see the feds taking over gestapo style in the not to distant future


The federal government of the United States is already occupying a significant chunk of North America.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
neveragainlikesheep



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2536
Location: TKO from Tokyo
 Reply with quote  

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
in anycase to me, the zapitistas are were a bit of a modern sort of militia to me and i can't help but love what they did with their words, organization, and their guns, even as they moved on to become a political force of their own.


Except for the fact that they aren't a bunch of right wing racist goons who love to read "The Turner Diaries," play soldier and revel in conspiracy theories.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
C.R.A.Z.Y



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 2737
Location: Vote for me and i'll vote for you.
 Reply with quote  

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
in anycase to me, the zapitistas are were a bit of a modern sort of militia to me and i can't help but love what they did with their words, organization, and their guns, even as they moved on to become a political force of their own.


Except for the fact that they aren't a bunch of right wing racist goons who love to read "The Turner Diaries," play soldier and revel in conspiracy theories.


except for the fact that you are stereotyping militias.

stop thinking that because of one militia member is this way or that one militia is that all are. thats is silly.

the type of people you mention can be found all over not just in militias. and their are plenty of militias that are full of different types of people. you just want to say that is what a typical militia member is like because you need to perceive having some sort of enemy. do you feel persecuted and a victim to these goons in society?

anyways, with a gun, and a plan, and an organization, protecting rights and freedoms in your own communities outside the guidelines of the nations army you are a militia. to me the zapatistas were a militia and a successful modern one to boot.

i have no doubt that their are plenty of people like what you describe and plenty of militias with people like that in them but that does not make a militia. they are not the meaning of the word militia.

those people are everywhere. big deal they are insane to us so what if they want to use their rights. when they commit crimes and get caught they can go to jail same as everyone else. until then they have full rights.

people give those kind of goons more power and credit then they deserve.


Last edited by C.R.A.Z.Y on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
neveragainlikesheep



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2536
Location: TKO from Tokyo
 Reply with quote  

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
neveragainlikesheep wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
in anycase to me, the zapitistas are were a bit of a modern sort of militia to me and i can't help but love what they did with their words, organization, and their guns, even as they moved on to become a political force of their own.


Except for the fact that they aren't a bunch of right wing racist goons who love to read "The Turner Diaries," play soldier and revel in conspiracy theories.


except for the fact that you are stereotyping militias.


Except for the fact that its not a stereotype and these elements are well established as being a part of the militia movement. Also except for the fact that the Zapatista's are left leaning.

Except for the fact that you crazy.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
C.R.A.Z.Y



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 2737
Location: Vote for me and i'll vote for you.
 Reply with quote  

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
neveragainlikesheep wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
in anycase to me, the zapitistas are were a bit of a modern sort of militia to me and i can't help but love what they did with their words, organization, and their guns, even as they moved on to become a political force of their own.


Except for the fact that they aren't a bunch of right wing racist goons who love to read "The Turner Diaries," play soldier and revel in conspiracy theories.


except for the fact that you are stereotyping militias.


Except for the fact that its not a stereotype and these elements are well established as being a part of the militia movement. Also except for the fact that the Zapatista's are left leaning.

Except for the fact that you crazy.


wow dude you really are confusing facts. what i am saying is that yes, in america, there are plenty of these goons in militias. but they are not the definition of a milita. and whatever language you want to say the word and whatever party you want to be in left leaning or right, you can form a militia. militias are not by nature ' right wing ' just the ones you are talking about.

when you say this is all part of the established militia movement then you are only refering to the modern right wing militia movement. what i am saying is that overall, the right to militias is bigger then that, as is the history and truth of your average every day militia.

what i am saying is dont let these guys spoil your perception of the true meaning and right of a militia. militias anywhere, in any country with any name in any language be it right or left.

just because they were left leaning does not unmake the zapatistas the great militia they were.

see...here's my line of thinking...is it militias that are the problem? no. is it these goons that are the problem? yes. get rid of militias you still have the goons.

the goons still ride on the highways. so do i. they still get their goodies at target, so do i. goons are goons but when they do something that does not make it goonish.

it's the people that are the problems, not the ways in which the people use their rights and means to demonstrate their points or their insanities.


nowadays people are like marionettes that are poised and ready to run without even a puppeteer like one of those self playing pianos. the right hates the left, the left hates the right. i'm in neither.

IF I CHOSE TO DEFINE MY SELF AND MY FEARS BY CLAIMING VICTIM TO THE RIGHT WING ID BE ANN COULTER CLAIMING THE LEFT WING MAKES A VICTIM OUT OF ME TO GAIN POWER, THUS TAKING THE VICTIM ROLE MYSELF TO CLAIM POWER BY SUBTERFUGE AND DOUBLE THINK.

in this case, black becomes white and white becomes black and i'd really rather just be taupe or opaque or barf green without my brain on double plus ungood auto think hate week time.

the militias or the right to one is not a problem. the goony people who join them are. i know equal amounts of people who have equal amounts of disdain for right wing nut job and info wars tinfoilers. thats where i like to be.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:23 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon