Search
Register
when your friend..
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

hey mem not sure if you wanna type about it anymore but im just wondering now since we all have discussed it this much already

why did this person do this? what was their reason? yes you mentioned depression , what was the depression from? you said something about the government out to get him or something? what else , could you give some more info on the person?
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Neuro wrote:
hey mem not sure if you wanna type about it anymore but im just wondering now since we all have discussed it this much already

why did this person do this? what was their reason? yes you mentioned depression , what was the depression from? you said something about the government out to get him or something? what else , could you give some more info on the person?

My friend was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, whom had always had a battle with (wishing to be normal, and being himself). He apparently reached his peak last night. The lack of acceptance of his peers and professors got to him. He ached on the daily, but i , whom was one of the closest people to him, never thought he was that ill about it.I really thought his painting and writing was doing well for him. Now I realize it wasn't enough.And feel an endless amount of emotion on the ..happenings of it all.

me
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
futuristxen

redball wrote:

I think it's self defeating for society to take pity on people who commit suicide.

And I think it shows no class to speak ill of the dead.

Nor does it aid those battling mental illness to alienate them.

At any rate. I'm sorry for your loss Prolific. Make sure you take some time for yourself, and find someone to talk to in the flesh. That's not something you want to let linger, when you are already uphilling it mental health wise.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:53 am
Jelly87

mem, i didnt read all of the thread so idk the whole story

I cant imagine a friend of mine taking his/her own life in front of me

I hope you are ok, and you will be ok in time.

if you need anything that i can help you with, hit me up.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:54 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

futuristxen wrote:
redball wrote:

I think it's self defeating for society to take pity on people who commit suicide.

At any rate. I'm sorry for your loss Prolific. Make sure you take some time for yourself, and find someone to talk to in the flesh. That's not something you want to let linger, when you are already uphilling it mental health wise.

I don't feel as if i alienated "those with mental illness", i am one those that has been diagnosed . I'm sorry if you misunderstood me in that matter. i never would mean anything in that direction. Also i speak nothing (ill of him, during or after his passing. Im just alone/angry/saddened/ as well as too many other emotions.

mem
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:11 am
futuristxen

prolific memorie wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
redball wrote:

I don't feel as if i alienated "those with mental illness", i am one those that has been diagnosed . I'm sorry if you misunderstood me in that matter. i never would mean anything in that direction. Also i speak nothing (ill of him, during or after his passing. Im just alone/angry/saddened/ as well as too many other emotions.

mem

First two parts were directed to Redball. Last section about wishing you well was directed to you.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:36 am
Frezz

This thread was disappointing in many ways.

Sorry for your loss, Mem.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:49 am
redball

futuristxen wrote:

Fuck the dead. They're dead. Haven't we had this discussion before?

futuristxen wrote:

I don't want to alienate people with mental illness. I want to alienate people who commit suicide. It's a small subset of people with mental illness. I'm sure they're glad that some of you will back them up seeing as they have a hard time defending themselves.

I think I should note right now that I'm not even the one that brought up that subject, I happen to have specific beliefs about suicide, and a great contempt in general for people who commit suicide, but I didn't mention that at all until others had. Which made me the punching bag because earlier in the thread I was one of the people defending Mem against others calling her a liar.

So, I wasn't even originally trying to be a dick. If I was, oh well. I won't defend my position anymore.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:40 am
tommi teardrop

Calling people who commit suicide selfish is just something that never jived with me. You think about how bleak of an outlook on life it must take for one to end their own existence and I just don't think it's something that you can turn around and say, "What an asshole that guy that killed himself."

When things get that bad, all I can really do is feel sorry for the person. There really isn't a part of me that wants to place blame on them and think of them as a selfish asshole. I just feel bad for them being so mentally ill that they are not able to even continue on with the day to day stress of being a living person. It's a feeling that I personally can't imagine, so I really try not to pass judgment on it as someone who does not suffer from mentall illness.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 am
firefly

redball wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

futuristxen wrote:

I don't want to alienate people with mental illness. I want to alienate people who commit suicide. It's a small subset of people with mental illness. I'm sure they're glad that some of you will back them up seeing as they have a hard time defending themselves.

I think I should note right now that I'm not even the one that brought up that subject, I happen to have specific beliefs about suicide, and a great contempt in general for people who commit suicide, but I didn't mention that at all until others had. Which made me the punching bag because earlier in the thread I was one of the people defending Mem against others calling her a liar.

So, I wasn't even originally trying to be a dick. If I was, oh well. I won't defend my position anymore.

Having empathy is not synonymous with pity.

Having empathy helps people regardless if you think it`s a waste of energy or not.

Making insensitive statements regarding your opinions about other people's misery is the only selfish thing I see in this thread.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 am
Charlie Foxtrot

redball wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

Their loved ones not so much though. I guess it depends who will hear it.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:45 am
Dyss

Sorry for your loss Mem. I know what you are going through. Even if it feels like you got things under control now, take some time off to digest it. Shit will come back to haunt you otherwise. The last thing you should do is to take into considoration what some shitheads in this thread says.

Travadone, if you ever make it over to Sweden I would happily be meeting you with a fist on your cheek.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 pm
prolific memorie

Dyss wrote:
Sorry for your loss Mem. I know what you are going through. Even if it feels like you got things under control now, take some time off to digest it. Shit will come back to haunt you otherwise. The last thing you should do is to take into considoration what some shitheads in this thread says.

Travadone, if you ever make it over to Sweden I would happily be meeting you with a fist on your cheek.

Honestly part of the way im dealing with it, is by talking with people that don't have to hear me crying and see me in this state, my friends here in Pensacola, cant really handle how emotional I am about this. Im actually to numb to really bothered by the judgmental types, Ive read some things, some of it made me cry with disbelief of how shallow some people can be, but also, everyone is different an i except that and get on with it.

Thank you for your support. I'm trying as hard as i can.

Much appreciation,

Memorie Shae
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:21 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Mem, somehow I missed that you live in P'cola. I used to live there too! I never will again but I still have a lot of love for/in that place.

Take care.
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:50 pm
Casey Carver

Frezz wrote:
This thread was disappointing in many ways.

Sorry for your loss, Mem.

i had a friend commit suicide via the police a few months ago. i didn't find out about it for a couple days until his sister called me as i was boarding the bus to go to work. i came home and read as much online as i could about the incident and saw a bunch of shit posted by various people on various internet forums and some of it really fucked me up. mem is the only one with any knowledge whatsoever of the situation and all the judgments made by others in this thread have gotten pretty ridiculous.

i'll admit some initial skepticism as i started reading this thread, but redball was on-point as fuck in this thread until he shoved his foot and trav's dick in his mouth with this statement:

Quote:

Suicide is cowardly and self-centered.

anyways, i'm drunk and probably shouldn't be online right now, so r.i.p. to mem's friend,bob jeske, and anyone else we've lost to suicide.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/42622852.html?elr=KArksUUUU
Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next