Search
Register
when your friend..
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Well i've also dealt with suicide before. And I 'm sorry to hear about anyone else who has dealt with this sad and torturous part of life .I found my father overdosed on seryqual when i was 15. I revived him, the paramedics came and I baker acted him. And when i was 16, we had a friend that shot himself a party. My sister also tried to overdose on pain killers 2x, i made her cough them up and took her to the hospital.

I was so distraught last night, that I didn't care who i talked to as long as it was someone, eventually one of internet friends did call me. And really helped me calm down.That's the reasoning behind the post and the damn tweets.yea it looks a bit ridiculous, but after calling several of my friends, it was all i could do.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jehu

redball wrote:
It's one that should be made, though. Suicide is cowardly and self-centered. While we should wonder what went wrong to cause someone to do that, we should also remind everyone still alive that they aren't helping anyone if they off themselves like that. To that effect, Mem is actually a victim in this.

give me a break. suicide is cowardly & selfish?!? you have ZERO idea as to the reasons why that kid killed himself. i understand you're giving your opinion, but w/out all the facts pertaining to that person, i think it's rather ignorant to throw blanket statements around like that.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

this thread has a whole lot of people who should have kept things to themselves. I understand some of the stuff that has been said to doubt the original poster or question her motives, and I get the opinions on suicide and stuff, but really? like, really? Talk about inappropriate.

Mem, that sounds absolutely, horrifyingly tragic. I am sorry you had to experience that. When you care about people, you sometimes end up being the person who feels obligated to steer them away from suicide. It wasn't your responsibility, and yet you did what you could. I really hope you seek consoling and help if you feel you need it.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:29 pm
Travadone

When I was 15 my friend started jerking off to showgirls in front of me under a blanket.

That was worse than this thread.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 pm
malpractice
post haste

i had a buncha stuff typed.. but yeah, im not gonna say anything else in this thread for fear of looking like more of an asshole.

so i am just gonna bow out.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm
remind

Damn. Hang in there, memorie.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:58 pm
Travadone

malpractice wrote:
i had a buncha stuff typed.. but yeah, im not gonna say anything else in this thread for fear of looking like more of an asshole.

so i am just gonna bow out.
talk to me....u tell me whats on ur mind and ill put it in text form under my name...so it looks like i said it.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:43 pm
jstile

I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. No succinct well wishes, just take help wherever you need it and get through.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 pm
redball

jehu wrote:
redball wrote:
It's one that should be made, though. Suicide is cowardly and self-centered. While we should wonder what went wrong to cause someone to do that, we should also remind everyone still alive that they aren't helping anyone if they off themselves like that. To that effect, Mem is actually a victim in this.

give me a break. suicide is cowardly & selfish?!? you have ZERO idea as to the reasons why that kid killed himself. i understand you're giving your opinion, but w/out all the facts pertaining to that person, i think it's rather ignorant to throw blanket statements around like that.

There are very few circumstances where that isn't true. Rarely do I feel sympathy for someone who offs their self. I don't feel bad about it either.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:27 pm
Bring that Beat Back

redball, i hope you've never suffered from depression or mental illness? otherwise your lack of empathy is disturbing. depression can be unbelievably tough. darkness over and over and you can't shake it. you wake up hoping that's it's gone but there it is. it's madness. you're 'nearly' one-sided view of suicide is, for a lack of a better word.... whack.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm
xX gideon Xx

a lot of you are really intelligent, forward-thinking individuals. reading the board reminds me daily that there are people so much more intelligent than myself -- many of whom i wouldn't judge as such on first glance. the board reminds me to appreciate the value of heterogeneity in a community and to remember that just because i'm older, i'm not necessarily wiser.

i'm poor with details, but remember when this board threw support behind someone who was dealing with mental illness and suicide? must have been sometime in the last 3 years, when i started lurking here. sage led a cool-headed and sensitive attempt to assist this person....while the clock was ticking. remember that thread?

that wouldn't happen today. too many of you are fucking cockpunches.

learn to shut your mouth. learn to not always be right. go out and live. it's not a game.

fail.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:11 pm
redball

Bring that Beat Back wrote:
redball, i hope you've never suffered from depression or mental illness? otherwise your lack of empathy is disturbing. depression can be unbelievably tough. darkness over and over and you can't shake it. you wake up hoping that's it's gone but there it is. it's madness. you're 'nearly' one-sided view of suicide is, for a lack of a better word.... whack.

I've been there and nearly done that. My conclusion was that I was being cowardly and self centered.

I think it's self defeating for society to take pity on people who commit suicide.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:27 pm
Bring that Beat Back

I'm not suggesting pity or any sort of blanket statement as you are concerning suicide. You claimed suicide was pretty much always selfish. I disagree.

I'm all for euthanasia when people are suffering with painful terminal illness. Would them wanting to end the pain be selfish as well?

And now you suggesting your depression was cowardly makes me think you and I see depression even more differently. Cowardly is applicable when decisions can be made... when you have choices. This is not always the case with depression.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 pm
benjy compson

bring that beat back knows.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

"This is not always the case with depression."

Yes, true, i just am finding myself so hurt and angry that someone gave up, on me not giving up on them.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next