Search
Register
URB.com releases free B. Dolan / Buddy Peace mixtape!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

b. dolan
FBI agent

Travadone wrote:
i dont see the "house of bees" tracks popularity.

also.

both of these one breath left tracks dont cut it for me.

the beat that was used at the store show was it!!

that track performed live is better than a recording.

b what beat was used?

that's reanimator's original. like i said, a recorded version of that has never been made.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:33 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

</object>
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:33 pm
Travadone

b. dolan wrote:
Travadone wrote:
i dont see the "house of bees" tracks popularity.

also.

both of these one breath left tracks dont cut it for me.

the beat that was used at the store show was it!!

that track performed live is better than a recording.

b what beat was used?

that's reanimator's original. like i said, a recorded version of that has never been made.
well u!whats stopping u!
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:36 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

it ain't me, babe. reanimator is the guy that would have to make it happen. i think it will eventually be done though... be patient. in the meantime it will be a reason for you to come out to shows. ;)

in other news, am i right in thinking your brother looks a little like vin diesel, trav? i don't remember exactly what he looks like, but i seem to remember that...

if so, curtis plum and i might be interested in shooting a video with him... do you have a picture handy?
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:40 pm
Travadone

b. dolan wrote:
it ain't me, babe. reanimator is the guy that would have to make it happen. i think it will eventually be done though... be patient. in the meantime it will be a reason for you to come out to shows. ;)

in other news, am i right in thinking your brother looks a little like vin diesel, trav? i don't remember exactly what he looks like, but i seem to remember that...

if so, curtis plum and i might be interested in shooting a video with him... do you have a picture handy?
im big diesel he is lil diesel...he looks like a gay daughtry the singer guy.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

gay daughtry sounds relatively close to vin diesel... he's musclely and bald right? does he own a wife beater?

if so, and he's down to make a video... holla: beedolan@gmail.com
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:40 pm
Travadone

Bernard...I'm a little offended here...

I'm the one with the muscles who is 6 foot, he is like 5'8 and skinny.

This is blasphemy for a trav.

I'm trying to be the mockery for your video...

Use me.

Pretend I'm henry rollins as vanilla ice in pop goes the weasel video for 3rd bass.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:32 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Travadone wrote:
This is blasphemy for a trav.

classic quote right there. Thank you
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:39 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

I'm not feeling the JT piece at all.
I'm rather indifferent about the guy but really to wish death, illness, disease etc on someone is nothing something I'm really cool with. An to put it under the umbrella as a progressive piece of "art" is some bullshit and a cop out.
I dunno maybe I'm missing the joke if it was meant to be one. If the intention was to create nervous laughter and uneasiness while performed live than I presume you got the result you wanted.
It just seems rather excessive an so unnecessary.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:43 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

HA!
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:53 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
I'm not feeling the JT piece at all.
I'm rather indifferent about the guy but really to wish death, illness, disease etc on someone is nothing something I'm really cool with. An to put it under the umbrella as a progressive piece of "art" is some bullshit and a cop out.
I dunno maybe I'm missing the joke if it was meant to be one. If the intention was to create nervous laughter and uneasiness while performed live than I presume you got the result you wanted.
It just seems rather excessive an so unnecessary.

Well, the excessiveness is really what it's all about... not a cop out though. i perform this one with no makeup on, even. while angry college professors storm out of the room.

The point is how wrapped up I allow myself to become in it, which is completely. Doing that about celebrities, alive or dead, who I have no real connection to, continues to produce what I think are interesting results... In fact I could easily see doing a project of just stuff like this, and the skycycle blues, and a song about marvin gaye i've been working on for the Fallen House album... in my head they're all part of a continuing series of poems, in a way.

As far as I can tell, each of those poems I mentioned is also not really about the celebrity who I'm talking about...

A big part of what's going on there is also the irony involved in talking about how inhuman what happened to Britney was, while wishing it on Justin... Oh snap. Levels.

But, I don't say this to convince you.
If you don't wanna hear it you don't wanna hear it ... hope you continue to dig some of the other stuff.

I just wrote some of that out so you can see that I'm thinking about what I'm doing and not just taking shots at an easy target for cheap laughs... for whatever that's worth.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 pm
ArthasX

b. dolan wrote:

Well, the excessiveness is really what it's all about... not a cop out though. i perform this one with no makeup on, even. while angry college professors storm out of the room.

The point is how wrapped up I allow myself to become in it, which is completely. Doing that about celebrities, alive or dead, who I have no real connection to, continues to produce what I think are interesting results... In fact I could easily see doing a project of just stuff like this, and the skycycle blues, and a song about marvin gaye i've been working on for the Fallen House album... in my head they're all part of a continuing series of poems, in a way.

Not elaborating on "interesting results" strikes me as a cop-out if this post was all an attempt to show that you are going for more than cheap laughs. As is comparing that piece to the one about Evel Knievel ... beyond having a celebrity at the center, are they that similar?

I fall into the camp of not getting the JT track ... especially the attempt to take it "viral" and spread it. Don't write me off as a "hater" either. I think some of your stuff is brilliant - from Joan of Arcadia to Skycycle Blues ... some of the most spine-tingling stuff i have heard in a long time.

But the JT? Strikes me as lame.

As is dropping the -ernard (what happened to keeping it real?!?).
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

well, the results are still revealing themselves to me. that's why i'm not elaborating. there's more to say about this but i really don't have the time for a long internet discussion... it might have to wait. you want a cop out you got one.

i dropped the ernard because it was harder for people at bars to remember. trust me. something about remembering an entire real name makes peoples face do this weird blank thing.

the other reason is because there's a few weirdos out there in the world, and advertising my real name was no longer appealing after a few stalker-type experiences.

that's the second time you've mentioned the -ernard thing, like it's really bothering you. it's gonna be ok though. i'm the same guy under this beard.

Last edited by b. dolan on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:07 pm
Travadone

I've seen the JT piece live and the one off the ep.

Its eh.

I like bernards vin diesel track with curtis plum on the h00k.

Also.

I wanna know if b dolan has sex.

I know prolyphic is a virgin.

And sage likes the foreplay but never penetrates.

Weird group at strange fame.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:07 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

i'm giving you the silent treatment trav.

i want your brother for this video.

you wear glasses. vin diesel doesn't wear glasses.

i don't have a clear picture of what you looked like in my mind, but i do know that i didn't go 'wow that guy looks like vin diesel.'

but with your brother i kinda did... you can be in the video man. but your brother might have to play vin. you can just be randomly inserted in certain scenes. you be the guy that sells me and vin ice cream and stuff.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next