Search
Register
URB.com releases free B. Dolan / Buddy Peace mixtape!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

smake

How dare you touch Survived Another Winter!! How dare you!!...If it weren't for the fact that it's a completely new spin and a good remix I might have to get angry on you...

Seriously though, thanks for this! Really curious about the B. Dolan & Alias record, and this just fuels the curiousity. Great work on the remixes, have to give it a proper listen soon, but it sounds like fire so far.

Btw, R.S.V.P. is named Lucifer in the download and id3 tag,

And I'll say it again, Vin Diesel is golden and the added verse of B. Dolan makes it great "if it were up to me you'll get a lifetime achievement award for best performance in a friendship"

One question though, what will happen to the original of One Breath Left? Is it going to be on a proper release/disc? Cause that's one of my favorite tracks of this year.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 pm
open

This Joan of Arcadia remix is just... WOW. Fuck. Yeah. Fastastic job all around.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm
futuristxen

xxdr. mad69xx wrote:
I've been bumping this thing constantly for a few weeks now. It's been pretty hard not to give any feedback on it.

Haha truth. This has been my summer album. Now I get to push it on other people. FINALLY.

Vin Diesel, the new Joan of Arcadia, RSVP, Dear Lefty, and both versions of One Breath Left are the highlights for me. But I also like Survived Anoth--I like all of the songs on it basically. You're crazy for giving this away for free!
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Now that this is out, I'm wondering if anyone has the skill / time to make "Open Letter to Justin Timberlake" into a humorous youtube video. Probably just one of those ones where funny pictures accompany what I'm saying... I feel like that poem could be a viral hit, or at least something that might find its way to J.T.'s hands, if that idea was executed right.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:43 pm
bbreakz

Took this to gym with me today. Love it. Some tough beats.

I agree with Bernard that the Joan of Arcadia mix could be better than original. Got me going. Even without Sleep on the Sea Legs remix, I really like that too.

Good Job Buddy Peace and giving this away is a great way to get people pumped for an album.

And the rock biter catch was awesome Shinigami. If I did not read it on here first i wouldn't have caught it. But I knew what it was right away.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm
Coffee Black

Shit....I missed this yesterday somehow. Thread needs to be stickied, or maybe I just need to stop hitting the forum first. Its 6:45 am and the girl just yelled at me for bumping this too loud for her morning brain. She'll survive but I'm thriving. Who the fuck needs coffee? Great shit B. Preordered
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:55 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

While tweeting about this item I created a new word.
Bananamous.

As in...this mixtape is bananamous

(c) and (p) 2009
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:48 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

im just wondering how the cd package is gonna be

cardboard?

digipak?

jewel case?
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

thincase glossy cardboard. Same as the Sick of Wasting cd
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

I forgot to express my love for An Open Letter To J.T. as well.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

smake wrote:

One question though, what will happen to the original of One Breath Left? Is it going to be on a proper release/disc? Cause that's one of my favorite tracks of this year.

I guess we're just hanging onto it at this point... maybe it could be released as an itunes extra or something?

originally, it was supposed to be part of this mix, but buddy really wanted to take a crack at his remix, and in retrospect i'm glad he did... his was one of my favorite remixes of that song eva. and the jackson remix fit really well as a bonus...

technically, the 'original' of that song has never been recorded, since it was written for a reanimator beat that's never been released either...

but, it'll see the light of day one way or another i'm sure. alias' version is a favorite of mine too.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:58 pm
futuristxen

the signed hardcopy of this comes out two days before my birthday, which is surely a sign that I must have it.

Also my girlfriend downloaded this at my prompting and listened to it while I was at work (had been hiding the bulk of the songs from her, which was hard to do because it has been the main thing I've been listening to in my car and at work this summer) and she wrote: "Ha!! Your boy's Vin Diesel song is the shit!!!! I love it!"

She was already a big fan of RSVP.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Basilisk

Random thoughts:

I hope you're keeping to this tradition of Ben appearing on all of your releases. I'm really enjoying it

There are a couple moments here that feel like they just hit my in the chest. Like Open Letter's opening line "somebody outta open your face wit a boxcuttah" and the end of Joan of Arcadia "never came 'cause he was DEAD!"

I didn't realize it 'till now, but I've been sleeping on your Sea Legs verse. Didn't even recognize it at first

The new beats are helping me appreciate even old tracks
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:05 pm
Travadone

i dont see the "house of bees" tracks popularity.

also.

both of these one breath left tracks dont cut it for me.

the beat that was used at the store show was it!!

that track performed live is better than a recording.

bernard what beat was used?
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 pm
DeadAwake

We were warned, though i wasn't expecting this till late in the year. All my broad band bandwidth is gone, now i have to wait.

One thing.
Did sea legs get remixed? I thought that wasn't doable!.. or at least ill-advised.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next