Search
Register
URB.com releases free B. Dolan / Buddy Peace mixtape!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

SFR announcement

URB.com releases free B. Dolan / Buddy Peace mixtape!  Reply with quote  

Happy Thursday, Internets!

Just for making it past the halfway point this week, we're giving you an lp's worth of exclusive B. Dolan songs, mixed and re-mixed by our very own Buddy Peace. The album is avaliable right now as a free download via Urb.com, and is up for pre-order at SFRstore.com. So don't say we never gave ya nuttin, ok?

LINK: http://www.urb.com/permalink/6658/B.-Dolan---House-of-Bees-Vol.-1-%28Exclusive-Download%29.html

"House of Bees Vol. 1" is the latest from B. Dolan of Strange Famous Records; a 50 minute compilation of unreleased songs, collaborations and remixes assembled by label-mate and UK producer Buddy Peace. This mix will be offered to the public both as a free download and as a limited run of signed, purchasable hard copies, available this August from Strange Famous online store (www.strangefamous.com).

To pre-order your limited edition signed CD, click here:
http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/b-dolan-house-of-bees-vol-1-signed-cd-preorder-p-303.html

Dolan's writing and delivery here is by turns venomous and vulnerable, playful and possessed, and Buddy Peace has got the range and depth of production to match his lyricist's every whim. A number of producers and emcees show up for cameos, including Jackson of Grand Buffet, Curtis Plum, Prolyphic, Alias, Aupheus, and Strange Famous label boss Sage Francis, who lends verses to a number of these songs.

B. Dolan is currently touring the U.S. with the Rock the Bells tour, and is set to release Fallen House, Sunken City, an album produced entirely by legendary beatsmith Alias, on Strange Famous Records this winter. Buddy Peace will be releasing a new LP, Late Model Sedan, digitally via Strange Famous Records on August 18.

Last edited by SFR announcement on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 am
diane

thank you!!!!!!!!

now i don't have to wait until rtb. yee.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

aw yeah.

thanks to everyone involved in putting this together and hooking up the urb ting.

also, don't be fooled by the tracklist. even if you've heard some of these originals, its worth it to hear how buddy freaked em. his version of 'joan of arcadia' has actually replaced the original, in my heart of hearts. that goes for a number of these songs, actually.

Last edited by b. dolan on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am
Shinigami

awesome.

House of Bees vol. 1, huh? so can we expect more of these in the future?
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:13 am
Storm Davis

Shinigami wrote:

One of my biggest pet peeves in the rap music world is the existence of 'volume 1' releases that have no follow-up volumes. It inexplicably drives me absolutely crazy.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b. dolan
FBI agent

haha, well i guess that answers that question. i must do a volume 2 just to keep storm happy.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 am
Buddy Peace

It's so great to see this up and about - I've said it before and I will repeat myself here, but it was nothing less than a true honour to be on board with this. I'm glad I could bring the pain where pain was needed, and I'm very proud of what we did. Thanks to you B for the invite. It was a pleasure.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:46 am
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

Haha. There will be a vol 2. But it might not be for another 5 years. We'll see how many remixes and unreleased demos we can build up before B. Dolan jumps the shark and does his elevator-rap project.

This mixtape is beyond nasty. It's really nice having a full on rap project from B before the album with Alias hits the public.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am
Mikal kHill

Storm Davis wrote:
Shinigami wrote:

One of my biggest pet peeves in the rap music world is the existence of 'volume 1' releases that have no follow-up volumes. It inexplicably drives me absolutely crazy.

I am very much with you on that.

-kHill
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:59 am
sequence

This tape has absolutely consumed my ears for the last month. People need to get on it, now. As B. said--I think--these tracks are all flipped so hard that even the songs you've heard a ton of times come off totally new and fresh. And Buddy....wow. Beats are monstrous, the cuts make me hurt. So good.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

As much as the Open Letter to JT made me laugh, I can't explain to you my reaction when I was bumping this in my car, singing along to Joan of Arcadia, and got to:

"HE NEVER CAME BECAUSE HE WAS DEAD!"

Shit is fantastic. Good work keeping these songs interesting, despite the amount of play they've had in my headphones. Free music is where it's at.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:02 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Thanks!!!

this is FRESH

the house of bees and paid dues remix are niiiiiiice
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:14 pm
Shinigami

i love this. the sound clips are enough to win me over, the whole Bee Mobile thing from the Simpsons and the rock biter from Neverending Story.

thumbs up.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:58 pm
Buddy Peace

"To the Beemobile!!"

"You mean your Chevy?"

".....yes."
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:20 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

I've been bumping this thing constantly for a few weeks now. It's been pretty hard not to give any feedback on it. Buddy Peace does an amazing job on this mixtape. I really dig the Joan of Arcadia remix, Dear Lefty, and the Vin Diesel remix is the jam.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next