Search
Register
Curtis Plum tour dates/Throwing Cds at Asher Roth movement
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Ardamus315

crash wrote:
ardamus, you should probably watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

LOL. I get it now. whatever, carry on.....
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:59 am
Ardamus315

crash wrote:
ardamus, you should probably watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

LOL. I get it now. whatever, carry on.....
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:18 am
TheCurtisPlum

Disharmony wrote:
Stupid idea. Awww, take this indie cd your pop mainsteam punk! look at how indie this is becomeing. the fire in my mouth burns down the walls of coolness. relevant/

suck

Your wrong. I don't hate mainstream music at all. I hate watered down mainstream music that I feel sucks and asher roth fits into that category for me personally, its a subjective vendetta. My music is Pop as fuck. I don't think indie music is better because its indie at all. I like indie and mainstream stuff equally. I'm not a man of the indie scene, I'm a man of every scene and I've had dudes bumping my cell phone joint for years that normally listen to nothing but Too Short and Biggie cause I chill with dudes like that, I chill with everyone and I listen to all kinds of music. Curtis Plum is for the children. Curtis Plum is for everyone. Indie and mainstream are just deceptive bullshit labels just like Genre labels. Once something has a lable like hip hop or indie it means its being marketed and put into a box so they can sell the fashion and the identity that actually has very little to do with the experience of enjoy a good song. There are grey areas between every genre and even though people like to say hip hop was invented by a handful of people to prove how much they know about hip hop so they can ego trip, it never would have manifested if its parent genres/elements weren't there first to a have a baby. Those parent genres were things like James Brown records and James Brown is pretty fuckin Mainstream and so was that rapper/boxer Muhammad Ali. Sorry indie hip hoppers but none of you would exist if it wasn't for that stuff and neither would your indie hip hop beat with samples that all come from mainstream music . Same shit different name. its all good music, except for that asher roth motherfucker.
I can find something enjoyable about almost every song I've ever heard except anything by asher roth.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:26 pm
spagucci-one

Plum- Did Asher Roth fuck your chick? Why such the childish behaviour? There are thousands of music acts that I dont like, Black Eyed Peas or Mac Lethal to name some, but you dont see me wasting my money to go to a concert to throw CD's at them. Grow the fuck up! If its not Asher Roth, its going to be some other douchebag next year. Or maybe I'll hit up one of your shows and throw dog shit stained shoes at you.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Travadone

I'm so sick of music these days I can't even believe it,artists on message boards,everyone on myspace is a rapper or producer,almost 2010,nothing is good anymore,the artists I do like the material they release I just don't give a shit.

I find myself listening to nothing in the car most times now.

My speakers in the trunk get no play anymore.

Curtis plum. Myspace rapper.

I wish sage would go back to ben and jerrys,I'd buy cherry garcia daily from him and talk to him about when hiphop was good. Or when music actually meant something. Leave him a tip in a cup.

If you joined the musical ranks these days its too late.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:55 pm
jstile

Trav you're nothing new. You're my Dad. He reckons rock died in '78. You're my kid sister. She's disappointed that RnB isn't as good as it was 5 years ago. All I hear you say is negative shit. Stop bitching about how bad music is these days and get back to listening to stuff from the G Funk era. Or whatever the fuck it is you think is hot.
In every other respect I actually think you're one of the most entertaining guys on this messageboard, but you just fucking whinge and whine about music. Look harder or make your own shit. Or go and sit in a cave and pretend it's 2002. I want to see you spend more time dissing Icarus, and less time showing how fucking nonchalant you are when it comes to dismissing shit out of hand.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:20 pm
TheCurtisPlum

spagucci-one wrote:
Plum- Did Asher Roth fuck your chick? Why such the childish behaviour? There are thousands of music acts that I dont like, Black Eyed Peas or Mac Lethal to name some, but you dont see me wasting my money to go to a concert to throw CD's at them. Grow the fuck up! If its not Asher Roth, its going to be some other douchebag next year. Or maybe I'll hit up one of your shows and throw dog shit stained shoes at you.

I'm not the jealous type. I just think his music sucks. To me its a funny idea and some people are with me on it, sorry if it doesn't appeal to you but thats how it goes, people laugh at different things. I think being childish is where its at. Food fights rule. Building cardboard box forts and playing dodge ball rules too. Come and throw some shit at me and I'll throw some shit back. How bout a water balloon full of piss? sounds fun to me.

I'd be stoked because people talk shit on these forums all day but they never have to back it up if they don't want to. I'll give you 20 bucks if you have the balls to throw some dog shit at me at a show and film it. sounds super funny.

Or we could have a boxing match? You ever do that shit? I've been boxing since I was 8. Its super fun.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:20 pm
corporateslave

TheCurtisPlum wrote:
spagucci-one wrote:

I'm not the jealous type. I just think his music sucks. To me its a funny idea and some people are with me on it, sorry if it doesn't appeal to you but thats how it goes, people laugh at different things. I think being childish is where its at. Food fights rule. Building cardboard box forts and playing dodge ball rules too. Come and throw some shit at me and I'll throw some shit back. How bout a water balloon full of piss? sounds fun to me.

I'd be stoked because people talk shit on these forums all day but they never have to back it up if they don't want to. I'll give you 20 bucks if you have the balls to throw some dog shit at me at a show and film it. sounds super funny.

Or we could have a boxing match? You ever do that shit? I've been boxing since I was 8. Its super fun.

I agree that his music sucks, but that's no reason to go throwing cd's at someone's head. But I did read a quote of his in Rollling Stone where he says "I hope to be respected by hardcore hip-hop fans." To me that is a perfect reason to wing cd's at him! Dude's a total ass puppet.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:44 pm
TheCurtisPlum

Travadone wrote:
I'm so sick of music these days I can't even believe it,artists on message boards,everyone on myspace is a rapper or producer,almost 2010,nothing is good anymore,the artists I do like the material they release I just don't give a shit.

I wish sage would go back to ben and jerrys,I'd buy cherry garcia daily from him and talk to him about when hiphop was good. Or when music actually meant something. Leave him a tip in a cup.

Travodone. I think you hit the nail on the head buddy.

Curtis Plum. Myspace Rapper.

I haven't tried to think up a name for my album yet and I like the sound of that.
What you think y'all?

Curtis Plum. Myspace Rapper. Pretty epic. I think we all know what a myspace rapper is and how bad ass the concept is across the board.
That would be a pretty fresh title. I think it fits. Anyone down?

I'm emailing Sage stat.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:49 pm
Travadone

jstile wrote:
Trav you're nothing new. You're my Dad. He reckons rock died in '78. You're my kid sister. She's disappointed that RnB isn't as good as it was 5 years ago. All I hear you say is negative shit. Stop bitching about how bad music is these days and get back to listening to stuff from the G Funk era. Or whatever the fuck it is you think is hot.
In every other respect I actually think you're one of the most entertaining guys on this messageboard, but you just fucking whinge and whine about music. Look harder or make your own shit. Or go and sit in a cave and pretend it's 2002. I want to see you spend more time dissing Icarus, and less time showing how fucking nonchalant you are when it comes to dismissing shit out of hand.
i like this post alot.
sometimes even me needs a good "trav wake up" type of slap.

the fire was dying. you have added some fuel.

where is icarus,i got work to do.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:03 pm
marshall84

Travadone wrote:

Ha. Thank you, Trav. I actually feel you here. I think so many people making and releasing music has devalued music, for me at least. (The same goes for other artforms, too.) There's too many fucking bands releasing too many fucking albums. None of the music even matters or means anything. It just disappears into the vacuum of the internet, gets dumped into the landfills of cultural history, or is canonized in year-end best-of lists immediately before it is completely forgotten. I hardly listen to music anymore and, when I do, it's almost never "new" music.

People need to slow down and think about what they are doing. People need to stop trying to "get their name up" and rushing to cash-in their '15 minutes of fame' coupon. If I was dictator of the world, I'd only allow people to release one record during their life. Then, maybe listeners would actually care and give it a fair listen. Also, maybe the musicians would actually have something to say rather than just making noise and polluting my pop culture. Ha.

Also, I think 'Myspace Rapper' would be a dope title. Do it, Mr. Plum, before Asher Roth uses it.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:15 pm
jstile

Travadone wrote:
jstile wrote:
i like this post alot.
sometimes even me needs a good "trav wake up" type of slap.

the fire was dying. you have added some fuel.

where is icarus,i got work to do.

Any time man, any time.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:50 pm
Jared Paul

TheCurtisPlum wrote:
Travadone wrote:

Travodone. I think you hit the nail on the head buddy.

Curtis Plum. Myspace Rapper.

I haven't tried to think up a name for my album yet and I like the sound of that.
What you think y'all?

Curtis Plum. Myspace Rapper. Pretty epic. I think we all know what a myspace rapper is and how bad ass the concept is across the board.
That would be a pretty fresh title. I think it fits. Anyone down?

I'm emailing Sage stat.

Curtis Plum is for the children. Curtis Plum is for EVERYONE!
Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dr Sagacious

You people are straight up crazy. Something is loose inside your head.

Who cares if a bunch of people are releasing shit. It's a form of expression. If more people played instruments than watched Glenn Beck, the world would be a better place. I can't understand some of the backward ass thought that goes on in such a place like this. Douches. Douche's all of ye.

Curtis Plum is dope. Mac Lethal is dope (Looking at you spaghetti monster). Asher Roth blows. Throw CD's at him. Stop being a damn stuck-up whiny butthole.
Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm
Jelly87

wow curtis plum comin to jersey!

i will be there sir
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:17 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next