View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I've just been playing around and made these:::

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:49 pm
duxz

tim wrote:
I've been wanting this piece for months which is probably why I let myself drop nearly 8 bills on this unframed litho.

Next piece I'm eying is this Camille Rose.

dope
and mines
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:50 pm
TheHolyGoof

Thanks for the love.

Leifkolt, I digitally sculpted it first for reference. I made it wanting to print it in 3d at some point, it's just ass expensive to print in 3D.

Zagadka, Itís a Kapala based on Hindu/Buddhist imagery. Iíve had a long fascination with these skulls. Hereís some background if youíre interested. http://www.reference.com/browse/kapala

Kese, Iím working on a series of these skulls for an upcoming show. This was the first painting like this that Iíve finished. Iíve got a lot of pencil work and portrait work, but itís hardly worth showing.
Was it you that does the screen printing? Iím planning on having some shirts made for the show.

Tim, congrats on that Mark Rydan piece. No online gallery yet, working on it though.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm
kese

TheHolyGoof wrote:

Kese, Iím working on a series of these skulls for an upcoming show. This was the first painting like this that Iíve finished. Iíve got a lot of pencil work and portrait work, but itís hardly worth showing.
Was it you that does the screen printing? Iím planning on having some shirts made for the show.

Wow... what program did you use for the skull models?
I'd think that your pencil work would be interesting too, but I can understand not wanting to show anything but your best work...

That is me that does the screen printing. I can run up to 6 spot colors manually and hold some decent, albeit simple, halftones. But unfortunately I can't nail the multi-color detail of the painting that you're working with, until we get an automatic press.
If you're looking to get tees made with more 'graphic' work I can definitely hook it up.

My e-mail is jeff at classsick.com if you're interested.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
z-spot22

no joke Goof, that skully painting is sick! did i miss it or did you say what medium, the smoke looks airbrushed almost

i did these tonight, my brother's wedding anniversary is wednesday so i made these for him, the green and red were their wedding colors

i gotta start adding some pattern or textures or something to these big areas (like the green on this pair)

open to suggestions, comments, critiques.....all i know is this dude puts me to shame
http://bobsmade.blogsport.de/gallery/
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:53 am
Captiv8

Zags, I like the bundle of sticks and the pan-flute looking thing.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:01 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

Haha- thanks!

I've been really into texture and color lately, if you couldn't tell...
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Z-Spot those shoes are fresh, you just use acrylics for those? do you have to put a layer on top of the color to seal it or anything, i dunno i never painted wearable items before

i like those drawings too, i imagine you will eventually paint them....

that style you got needs to be HUGE , make the biggest paintings you can possibly make
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 pm
hexagone
n3wb 4 life

Z-SPOT!

How could I go at copping a pair of your bespoke kicks?
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

soo,

does any one have portfolio advice yet?

if you missed it, i posted a few questions in my first post. any solid advice would make this a Terrific Tuesday.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

zagadka wrote:
soo,

if you missed it, i posted a few questions in my first post. any solid advice would make this a Terrific Tuesday.

i would like to see your portfolio as well...

your portfolio should be like your greatest hits collection of work- put your best stuff in there, if youve done some work for other companies or whatnot add those in, i dont think you need to bring the actual pieces as long as you have high quality pictures/prints of the work, find a nice way to present the pictures put them in a book or photo book or something like that
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 pm
z-spot22

Neuro wrote:
Z-Spot those shoes are fresh, you just use acrylics for those? do you have to put a layer on top of the color to seal it or anything, i dunno i never painted wearable items before

that style you got needs to be HUGE , make the biggest paintings you can possibly make

i got the same paint they use to airbrush t-shirts....then use a hair dryer to heat set it...supposedly it makes the paint waterproof or maybe its water resistant, not sure....this is my first non-spraypaint/stencilled wearables too so im learning as i go.....

the drawings reflect some of my paintings only they have more detail and the idea is to eventually paint them all....like these

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:35 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

Neuro wrote:
zagadka wrote:
soo,

i would like to see your portfolio as well...

your portfolio should be like your greatest hits collection of work- put your best stuff in there, if youve done some work for other companies or whatnot add those in, i dont think you need to bring the actual pieces as long as you have high quality pictures/prints of the work, find a nice way to present the pictures put them in a book or photo book or something like that

the actual execution of the portfolio is fine- I am actually making one from scratch ( an up-tight, black leather book just isn't appropriate for this position) lovingly adorned with many hand-crafted details. it will be badass.

i have my favorite pieces picked out, but how much is too much? the position is really multi-faceted, so I would like to show a broad range of mediums I can do: simple construction, folk art, painting, illustration, etc.... but I don't want it to be too long and boring.

some projects will need 4-6 pictures because they were so large and detailed.

i've heard everything from no more than 10 to 15-20.

i'll post it when i'm finished. i'm waiting on my dad to give me a lesson in using the table saw so i dont cut off my hand. then i'll really be fudged out of this position for sure... who wants a 1 handed display artist?!
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:42 pm
A.Steele

hexagone wrote:
Z-SPOT!

seconded. i want some
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:45 pm
z-spot22

A.Steele wrote:
hexagone wrote:
Z-SPOT!

seconded. i want some

trust me boys, they will be made available soon, i just need to learn how to make them and make them GOOD....i dont wanna be providin half assed kicks ya know?
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next