Search
Register
Prayers For Atheists IN STORES NOW! Streaming EP, reviews
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Alan Hague

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Definitely much appreciated.

Jared and I put a lot of work into this; it's such a good feeling to actually hold the finished CD.

We've also been hard at work in the studio this whole time, and we've got a whole slew of new songs in development.

Hope to see some SFF people on the road!!
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am
jehu

again, i just wanted to say that this sounds incredible. jared & alan killed it.

ps, this needs to be stickied!!!

Last edited by jehu on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 am
JohnSchwan

I'll be heading to MA two days before the Provi show, so expect to see me there, and then I get back to Baton Rouge about two days before the New Orleans show, so I should be there too. Depending on my check today I'll probably be pre-ordering it, if not then I'll buy it in Provi.

Great work guys, gave me something new to put on heavy rotation.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 am
Coffee Black

Awesome. done and done. Can't wait to catch em live at the end of the month.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:18 am
remind

Wow. Wrong Horse.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:19 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

jesus fucking fuck. great work, guys.

I don't think I'll catch you guys on this tour, but I'm looking forward to some more live PFA in my near future.

Consider this pre-ordered. Ears need to hear this!
I didn't think all of the songs could possible match the unique way in which those first songs had touched me, but this EP is quality. Great work!
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 am
duck_shoe

Is this going to be released on vinyl at some point?
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We originally thought about doing strictly vinyl for this, but after a lot of discussion we decided to go with just CD and digital. Perhaps we'll do vinyl in the future but it's not likely considering how much waste is involved in the production of vinyl.
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:50 am
Jared Paul

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
color me impressed, I didn't know what to expect but from the description I didn't expect the vocals to be this rappy..don't know how else to explain it
I really like the chorus on coat hanger 18 and the play off shut em down very nice. I like rows of steel as well.
I could see this breaking from the pack out of all the recent and upcoming sfr releases due to the genre breaking style.
I mean this could easily fit in on a warped tour an things like that.

Many thanks for the kind words big Phil. We been hustlin' for sure. And I can't front, we dig the songs... like we believe in every one of them and after listening over and over during the past 8-9 months haven't gotten tired of them at all. So if nothing else, we've made music that we are proud of and I guess, in today's music world, that's a victory in itself.

Luis, One, Jehu, and Coffee- we definitely appreciate the support! We've been practicing hard and definitely plan on givin' it our all for this upcoming tour. Most of the dates are up on the myspace, and the final list will be posted here very soon.

*Critical! Don't worry bout missing the NYC show homie- you been HOLDIN' SHIT DOWN the last three times I played in the city. Soon, it'll be time for me to check out YOUR shows!

*John, we'll see ya in Provvy- that show's gonna be wild!

*Remind: Alan and Mo got nasty on Wrong Horse for sure, it's definitely one of our favorites.
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alan Hague

Something else worth noting:

The cardboard sleeves are made from 100% post-consumer waste and were printed upon with vegetable-based inks.

This packaging is so green-friendly, you can plant each CD and grow a tree full of 'em!
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:12 pm
adic

This is really good, my car stereo has been stick in a hip hop bubble for about 10 years now, but this might actually get some play there...
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:16 pm
prolyphic81

We just finished shooting a video for "Bike Song" and its gonna be hot. My girlfriend and I shot it. Suckers. Laws were broken, bulbs were busted, Jared fell off his bike and did a one handed push up, sex was not involved but considered, potholes could not be avoided, a trunk played a major role, "gay" was thought but never said, biker gangs were formed, Christian Bale was in the bullpen taunting us, and somehow feelings were never hurt on set.

The album is solid, check for the video, it should be out by August. Promise.
Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:29 pm
Cousin Tom

Hey Hey this is Cousin Tom from PFA. Thanks for the kind words. We're all really excited to hit the road! See you soon!
Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:10 pm
erich

"I know I wasn't perfect, but I would've never left you" - jared paul, get out of my goddamned brain-hole.

these recordings sound excellent! way better than you would expect for this style of music; it's odd listening to an indie punk song on myspace and actually being able to understand the words. where'd you guys do this?
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am
Alan Hague

Thanks, Erich!

We definitely set out to keep the vocals audible and coherent, so that having to look up the lyrics somewhere would be kept to a minimum. Although it's still worth checking them out in print, regardless.

The mastermind behind keeping the vocals up in the mix while still keeping the music loud and well-balanced is this guy right here:

http://www.myspace.com/dansrecording

Dan Sawyer. He knows more about the recording process, computers, and technology in general than anybody else I know. I swear he has a socket in the back of his neck like in "The Matrix," so he can physically exist in the Internet.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next