Search
Register
Dealing with Five O
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

TurnpikeGates

Captiv8 wrote:

Or you can just go to Internal Affairs and report the issue. This is the easiest way to learn the identities of the cops.

That's sort of true. I would definitely not use IA as your ultimate end if you're trying to get any justice, but you might get a report out of it that would tell you a bit more about these cops and what the fuck they were doing at your house. But like he said, the identity is known.

All you need to know is that IA are cops who are supposed to narc out other cops, but will themselves be back on the rotation eventually. Seem like a formula for strong oversight?
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm
PatrickBateman

I have a bad feeling about getting in touch with IA for anything.. It's over, it was sort of funny.

To tell you the truth I wasn't looking for advice on my situation, like I said, it's not that big of a deal.

I was just wondering if anyone actually went through a successful attempt to keep bad cops in check, and how they did it.
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Travadone

Patrickbateman now ur backpeddling, you're a pussy...

"Oh the carps brok in on me n muh boyz suckin each others floppy flpophouse weeners"

In jail u would get used and abused
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 pm
phataccino

The only psuedo-successful attempt I've experienced was when I was about 15. My town put a curfew in place for minors; it was 10pm Sunday through Thursday nights and 12am Friday and Saturday. One Friday night some friends and I were out messing around at about 11:30, police stopped us, said we were in violation of curfew, wrote citations and made our parents come to the police office to pick us up, this despite repeated attempts to explain to them that the curfew didn't go into effect until midnight on Fridays. They kept saying "no, it's midnight on weekends, Saturday and Sunday." Kind of a sad state of affairs when the 15-year-olds know the law better than the police. Anyway, my parents were pissed that we were being hassled and pissed that they had to get up at 11:30 and come get us from the police station, so on Monday they contacted the chief, filed a complaint, etc, etc. The punishment for the cops was that the two of them had to work the county fair. We followed them around the fairgrounds asking if they were there for punishment, if they knew the curfew now, if they knew other laws, like the speed limit, making fun of their shorts, and generally being little shitheads. Good times.
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:08 pm
Travadone

I'm down with the boys in blue.
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:14 pm
TurnpikeGates

PatrickBateman wrote:
I have a bad feeling about getting in touch with IA for anything.. It's over, it was sort of funny.

To tell you the truth I wasn't looking for advice on my situation, like I said, it's not that big of a deal.

I was just wondering if anyone actually went through a successful attempt to keep bad cops in check, and how they did it.

Ok, I just saw this:

Quote:

In this thread, I'd like to compile helpful information in regards to dealing with shifty officers.

And it sounds like asking for advice.

I wouldn't be so nonchalant about people breaking into my house, but I'm glad you can roll with it. Would definitely be a big deal for me.

And yeah I've been involved in moderately successful attempts to keep bad cops in check. But the overall trend right now is toward more freedom for cops to get away with shit.
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:47 pm
PatrickBateman

IAmNiki wrote:
'I Favour Less the Taser'

And I sing a song, less for you,
Seven ways less, the boys in blue,
I favour less the thunder in your ears,
I'm seven ways, is less I shed your tears,
I'm favoured in the way, I am less to you today,
I'm less than I would favour, anything I savour in the day,
I'm favoured in the blessed as blessed I see,
Favourless is less I bless the boys in blue for me,

It's less than I belong to you, its less than I would fight,
But it's less than I would marry you,
Favourless is less, you're bright,
I am the man who is, less than me,
Seven ways favoured in the song I sing from sea to sea,
Jubilee, Jubilee, downtown, favour off,
Its less I turn my head and cough for you,
I am a Jew, I belong too...

" In this thread, I'd like to compile helpful information in regards to dealing with shifty officers." - me

"And it sounds like asking for advice. "

Maybe.. but to me it sounds like I wanted the purpose of this thread to be compiling helpful information in regards to dealing with shifty officers.

If we only talked about my incident, that wouldn't quite achieve that goal in such a well rounded way. But believe me, I'm all for advice on most things.
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3