Search
Register
Probation for cop who beat bartender
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

badjerk

Probation for cop who beat bartender  Reply with quote  

I don't know how much longer we can really stand for this. Judges being pawns for corrupt cops and a broken criminal justice system in general where prison cells are filled with drug offenders while brutal scum like this walk the streets.

He got convicted (in bench trial of course) after crying self-defense (she weighs 115, compared to his 350) and gets 2 years PROBATION at sentencing.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/06/cop-to-be-sentenced-for-beating-bartender.html

Very similar to a recent case, also in Chicago, where a group of cops were found not guilty after beating some dudes in a bar on camera. When on-duty cops show up in response, the offenders flash their badges and wave the cops off the scene. The courtroom was packed with uniformed officers for the bench trial verdict, which came back not guilty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/three-chicago-cops-cleare_n_192455.html
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm
almstprfctstrngr

the saddest part  Reply with quote  

a court deffender for a police officer who had beat a partially mental hanidcapped man for no reason, had said that police officers should not be treated as a high power. they should be treated as a normal citizen. how the fuck can you do that?! they know all the laws and arrest people everyday for them, and yet when it comes to themselves they act as if every law does not matter. they do what they want when they want.

police beatings are getting out of control. a cop tazered a 70 year old because she would not sign her ticket and wanted to take it to court. the man that i was talking about above was just walking the street and the cop told the judge the man was resisting arrest and was getting booked because he was walking the street trying to find drugs, which he was not. another one shackled a man into a wheel chair in the jail and beat him with a weapon that was not police issued, while gaurds stood around and watched and never did anything.

what do they all have in common... all of them got probation. some of the guards recieved paid vacation while on probation. and one officer had to get sent back to training. if any single "normal citizen" did any of that, we would be locked up in a second for numerous accounts. its pathetic
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:21 pm
d-nyce36

Quote:

police beatings are getting out of control. a cop tazered a 70 year old because she would not sign her ticket and wanted to take it to court.

i call shenanigans on this one. that lady was way in the wrong and that cop did all that he could to NOT tazer her. she was then caught lying about it (interviews before the surveillance video was released...she claimed she did nothing wrong, was polite, etc...the video shows her as combative and absolutely not cooperating at all)

in fact the officer tazed her as a last resort for her own safety...she tried to get past him and had one foot back on the highway and he brushed her back off to the breakdown lane.

Now, the first example you showed is despicable...i am all for holding cops accountable for their actions, but the 72-year old granny tazer is not one in which the cop should be punished.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:39 pm
Captiv8

Serious bullshit. This was no conventional takedown either. That fuck was throwing haymakers at a person half his size ON THE GROUND. That's way beyond subduing someone. At that point it was straight up assault and battery. Fire that cop so he can't brutalize someone again, and put him in jail like a civilian.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm
badjerk

I should clarify. The cop was off-duty and drinking at the bar, becoming enraged when the bartender cut him off and refused to serve him. There was no justification for any kind of interaction - this was not in the course of an arrest.

Anybody involved in criminal law knows the equation: Judge = Prosecutor in a Robe; Prosecutor = Cop in a Suit. This is just one more affirmation.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 pm
PatrickBateman

What was the name of that big police forum some people have mentioned before?

I have a masochistic urge to read what they can possibly be saying about this.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
C.R.A.Z.Y

maybe more gang bangers will shoot more pigs in their fuckin heads in drive bys.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:41 pm
Smurf Stomper

I remember when I first saw this video. I can't believe he only got probation. That video is horrifying. How could he get off with that video being out there?

As far as the granny tasering goes, I didn't read too much about it but did see the video where she got tasered. I didn't think that was deserved. She was pushy and aggressive, but that cop was being an asshole too. Did you see when he pushed her before actually tasering her? I mean come on, you don't think that a man his size couldn't physically restrain the woman? It seems that he could have easily grabbed her arm, turned her around and slapped the cuffs on her.

Cops are way to taser happy now.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:42 pm
almstprfctstrngr

i saw the videos on the old lady. and ya she was swearing at the cop and not cooperating but only because she wanted to take the ticket to court and he kept telling her to sign it. if you watch the video you see him push her and if you have your sound on you can hear her say "fine give me the damn ticket and i will sign it" after he pushed her. a couple seconds after that is when she got tazed. it is not jusitifable

the cop beating the bartender is down right wrong. if anyone else got caught off, you would have to suck it up and take it as no more drinks and go on your way. but this cop gets away with it pretty much. something severe needs to happen for them to realize that this is wrong. somethin as in severe punishments by the law. people are getting sick of the shit and fighting back and i dont blame them hell the other day my step dad was cooperating with the police and was still thrown on the ground with the curb in his throat. they also put a hat over his face when they turned him over and kicked him a couple times, and said now you wont know who did it. this shit has happened before to him by racist cops. its ridiculous.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:46 pm
almstprfctstrngr

plus who in their right mind would taser a fucking old lady!! there are already many deaths from tasers from people who are middle aged if not younger and studys have shown it. but an old lady... thats fucked up and you know it. he did not do everything he could do before tasering her. she was a short thinnish woman. he could have restrained her and handcuffed her. but why do that when its easier to taser someone. disfuckinspicable
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:50 pm
badjerk

PatrickBateman wrote:
What was the name of that big police forum some people have mentioned before?

I have a masochistic urge to read what they can possibly be saying about this.

I thought the same thing. Its officer dot com. I dont see anything about it at the moment, but there are some people railing on Chris Brown's light sentence, so that should make for some delightful hypocrisy (hyCOPrisy?) if it ever gets discussed.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:06 pm
Disharmony

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
maybe more gang bangers will shoot more pigs in their fuckin heads in drive bys.
This is stupider than my Bush/Keller comparison.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:08 pm
badjerk

UPDATE: Apparently the prosecutors also showed a previously unreleased video from earlier in the day in the same bar where the same cop was beating a bar patron . Its pretty bizarre, as nobody, including a different bartender, does anything about it. wtf

sorry, not embeddable

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=424ac870-3e26-4a8a-894d-0267f779fab4&src=front
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:40 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

badjerk wrote:
UPDATE: Apparently the prosecutors also showed a previously unreleased video from earlier in the day in the same bar where the same cop was beating a bar patron . Its pretty bizarre, as nobody, including a different bartender, does anything about it. wtf

sorry, not embeddable

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=424ac870-3e26-4a8a-894d-0267f779fab4&src=front

in an effort to add some humor to this bs, doesn't that bar look like a bunch of people who sit around saying "Da Bears...Da bears" all day long?
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:49 pm
d-nyce36

almstprfctstrngr wrote:
i saw the videos on the old lady. and ya she was swearing at the cop and not cooperating but only because she wanted to take the ticket to court and he kept telling her to sign it. if you watch the video you see him push her and if you have your sound on you can hear her say "fine give me the damn ticket and i will sign it" after he pushed her. a couple seconds after that is when she got tazed. it is not jusitifable

The cop asked her to sign...she says no, take me to jail...the cop then says, ok...step out of the car...she then says "give me the fucking ticket"...cop yells at her to step back, then pushed (as in his arm guides her away, this was not overly aggressive).

cop warns her to step back 5 times. she refuses and says...you gonna taze me? i dare you!

she then swipes the cops hand away as he tries to get her in cuffs (if you are I did that, we woulda been face-down on the pavement right here) then she makes a move for the truck...saying she was going to get in her car...you CAN NOT do this!

then warns her twice more before tazing her. the woman was not going to give up and did not think her would taze her...what was he supposed to do? wrestler her to the ground?
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next