Search
Register
"Hesitation Wounds" available now! 4.5 stars in Ur
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

al(phonic)

looks like i can get the sleep cd, the sick of cd, and sleep shirt for about 49 dollars (shipping included). who do i talk to or how do i go about having sfr just charge the full $50?

also, what if my shirt doesnt fit? im always in between smalls and mediums, according to brand and style. can i return it if it doesnt fit? id pay for shipping
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:57 pm
Storm Davis

al(phonic) wrote:
also, what if my shirt doesnt fit? im always in between smalls and mediums, according to brand and style. can i return it if it doesnt fit? id pay for shipping

Yes, returns in that fashion are A-OK.

If it helps, its a Gildan shirt, so its a fuller cut than American Apparel.
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
al(phonic)

sorry to be annoying...

i have a visa gift card for $50
mzehe916 wrote:
Those Visa cards work like normal. Just remember that when you get to the bottom of the card (ex. $4.93 balance) you need to know the balance and have them just charge that much on it or it will get declined. It won't automatically deduct the balance and then leave a remaining total. It has to be down to the penny or it comes up as declined.

how do i go about having sfr charge me the full $50 (on a $49 order) just to make sure neither of us get screwed over with a decline?
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:30 am
Storm Davis

al(phonic) wrote:
sorry to be annoying...

i have a visa gift card for $50
mzehe916 wrote:
Those Visa cards work like normal. Just remember that when you get to the bottom of the card (ex. $4.93 balance) you need to know the balance and have them just charge that much on it or it will get declined. It won't automatically deduct the balance and then leave a remaining total. It has to be down to the penny or it comes up as declined.

how do i go about having sfr charge me the full $50 (on a $49 order) just to make sure neither of us get screwed over with a decline?

That shouldn't cause a decline. If you have $50 on the card and pay for a $49 order, then the $49 will be debited from the card and you'll have a remaining balance on there of $1.

I think what mzehe916 is saying is that the next time you go to use it, you'll have to specify that the cashier charge $1 (or whatever the actual balance is) to the Visa and pay the remaining amount with another form of payment.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

whoops*

Last edited by Neuro on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ahhhh shit hahahahhaha i fucking posted in the wrong thread
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 am
al(phonic)

k, thanks. i thought it sounded weird
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 am
knowrites

when does the pre-order end?
i'm tempted to pick this up, but i don't really know if i'm gonna have the money or nto..
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:26 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

CD review in the Boston Phoenix

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/Music/84996-Sleep-Hesitation-Wounds/

On the subterranean-rap-hustle manifesto "Get It," from his new Hesitation Wounds, Portland (Oregon) MC Sleep rhymes, "I'll murder a set. . . . I'm kind of a big deal, you just ain't heard of me yet." This is especially true on the East Coast, where the prominent Oldominion crew that Sleep helped found a decade ago have yet to register with many heads who don't masturbate to rare Hieroglyphics album covers. That's unfortunate especially for fast-rap aficionados who enjoy doseone tangents and Tonedeff mechanics.

A gifted motormouth with tangible content and metaphors galore, Sleep doesn't rap for kids who pretend they know what El-P is talking about. He represents the melodic underground, where beats challenge but rarely overpower. There's no sugar here, but spoonfuls of organic-sounding drums and choral hooks make his medicine go down smoothly.

It took six listens before Hesitation Wounds activated my neurons. (Okay, I was cruising for bangers on the first few spins.) As it turns out, Sleep's melodramatically symphonic third solo outing is intended as a front-to-back, all-or-nothing experience. That said, "Orchestra of Strangers" and "Lothar" with Del tha Funkee Homosapien could stand alone and maybe even excite the most pedestrian of hip-hop palettes.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:03 pm
mzehe916

any tour info? Rumor has it he will be in Sacramento on July 17th. Truth?
Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We will have the full info very soon. But right now there are a bunch of dates for him posted on the tour section of www.strangefamous.com

If you know of something that isn't there please let us know. I don't want to overlook anything.
Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 am
bbreakz

I am idiot I placed my order for Hesitation Wounds and have been wondering what is taking so long. I thought it was out the 16th, mixed it up with Sick of Wasting.

Oh well I will just have to wait.

Lothar keeps getting better for me. I love the sonic sounds. Espcecially right at the beginning of Del's spot.
Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We will start sending out pre-orders this week, so a lot of them will probably arrive before the official street date.
Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 am
bbreakz

Yeah I i figured as much, the pre orders have always made it to California at least 2 days early for me. No big deal. My mistake anyways.
Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:01 am
McTools

There's more date to fill this in, but this is all there is confermed right now, stay in touch with the SFR tour dates page and Sleeps myspace (myspace.com/sleepofoldominion) for more dates as they fill in.

July 9th, Oceanside CA, The Beachside Grill
July 10th, LA CA, The Knitting Factory
July 12th, San Jose CA, The Voodoo Lounge
July 14th, Lake Tahoe CA, Lakeside Pizza
July 17th, Scaramento CA, The Fire Escape
July 23rd, Austin TX, Hi-Lo
July 24th, San Marcos TX, The Triple Crown
July 29th, ABQ New Mexico, Burts Tiki Bar
August 1st, Bellvue CO, Mishawaka Ampitheater
August 2nd, Colorado Springs, The Black Sheep
August 3rd, Pueblo CO, Phil's Radiator
Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:49 pm