Search
Register
"Hesitation Wounds" available now! 4.5 stars in Ur
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Dyss

Yeah, its gotten more expensive. I ordered the CD for 14 dollars and then there was 10 dollar in shipping to Sweden. Wasnt this expensive before.
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:30 pm
SFR announcement

Maybe that has to do with the US dollar totally tanking. And if your currency is stronger than our then that is factored into the exchange. Not sure what the Kronor is looking like these days though.
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 pm
Dyss

Nah, its not that. One year ago one american dollar was 5.9 Kronor, now it its 7.5 Kronor. So the dollar is doing better than the Swedish Krona. But hey, whatever. Money well spent Im sure of.
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:48 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Preordered. Slightly less stoked than for "Sick of". Not to be interpreted as at all non-stoked.
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:46 pm
smake

Haven't pre-ordered it yet, was just checking how much it would cost. Both items toghether in one order would make 16 dollars shipping rate. The Euro is stronger than the dollar (a lot), but when I ordered The Ugly Truth it also came with 11 dollars shipping. Amazon charges around 5,50 for shipping to Europe. Ofcourse a small independent retailer can't compete with Amazon, but the difference is quite big.

Not trying to hate on anything, it's just a bit of a let down when you want to order a cd that costs 10 dollars and shipping is 9,20 (in case of Sick Of), so I wanted to make sure the prices charged weren't a mix up or anything.

Anyways, congrats on the new releases, both look/sound really sweet!!
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:13 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We do our best to charge as close to what the USPS charges us for international shipping. If it's off, it's not by much.

Also, if it's of any consolation, a bulk of the items we sell are priced very low. Sometimes, so low that we make just enough to break even...sometimes so low just so we can free up some space. If we could start an international shipping service and increase our business we certainly would. Maybe in 2010. Can we charge as little as Amazon does for selling used items? No. But they're the Walmart of the internet.

Some guy hit me up today bitching about the bitrate of the free download. This is why I go to the gym rather than laying down in front of a train.

Enough about that though. I'd really just like more people to be aware of the music and the other artists on our site. Spread the news if you could.

Last edited by Sage Francis on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:17 pm
Dyss

Yeah, dont get me wrong, Im not bitching, I guess the shipment have gone up everywhere. I buy from this site because of the good prices, excellent service and of course, sweet stuff. Well, as you said, enough about that.
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:42 pm
adic

Damn, I just dropped like 80 bucks at the store a few weeks back, but I gots to have the new Sleep. Christopher was really a great album, and still high up on the list of my favorite albums released in the last few years. The production was top notch, and Sleep was rapping his ass off while saying thoughtful lyrics.
Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 pm
smake

Thanks for the information, I was just making sure the shipping rates weren't some mistake.

Anyways, back to the music. Psyched about the new releases. Christopher was a very good record, and So Tired is still an amazing song. The new track sounds really good, and songs produced by Reanimator are always great, so this will be another great SFR release!
Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:12 am
equal eyes

Sage Francis wrote:
This is why I go to the gym rather than laying down in front of a train.

hahahahahahaha.
Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:07 am
al(phonic)

dumb question, just want to make sure: i got a $50 gift/rebate card when i bought my new phone. its got a visa logo and all that. im worried to use it anywhere cuz im a weirdo. will it fly with sfr?

to be honest, i wanna buy the new sleep at my local bullmoose to save shipping, but i want to support sfr and sleep straight up and get the autographed poster. i know i know, paying extra for impersonal ink from a regular guy is dumb, but i love sleep and want he and sfr to see the numbers and support and money first hand
Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:05 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I have no idea about that, but I'd have to assume that it wouldn't be a problem on our end if it's a regular Visa transaction.
Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 pm
mzehe916

Those Visa cards work like normal. Just remember that when you get to the bottom of the card (ex. $4.93 balance) you need to know the balance and have them just charge that much on it or it will get declined. It won't automatically deduct the balance and then leave a remaining total. It has to be down to the penny or it comes up as declined.
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 am
SFR announcement

Check out the new video of the intro from Sleep's "Hesitation Wounds," now the Strange Featured Video on the front page of www.SFRstore.com.

Video handiwork provided by Irena Girlbot.
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 am
al(phonic)

mzehe916 wrote:
Those Visa cards work like normal. Just remember that when you get to the bottom of the card (ex. $4.93 balance) you need to know the balance and have them just charge that much on it or it will get declined. It won't automatically deduct the balance and then leave a remaining total. It has to be down to the penny or it comes up as declined.

thats really weird. guess the last person i use it on wont mind taking extra money though! thanks, ill keep this in mind

thanks mze and sage
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next