Search
Register
France vs. Scientology
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Jesse

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
i mean, lie dtectors are machines that work to detect mental figures,
Not true - polygraph tests show physiological data. They don't read brainwaves or anything. It's things like blood pressure, pulse and breathing. Essentially, it demonstrates whether the person being tested is nervous or calm. The "lie detector" application of that machine is a farce and I can't believe anyone in a position of any official capacity ever orders or refers to them anymore.

I mean it makes sense for ordinary people like you and me to not know exactly how they work and still believe it has something to do with detecting lies, but you would think someone in a position to rely on data like that might actually look into whether it was reliable.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 9:42 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

cakes wrote:

C.R.A.Z.Y. wrote:
last time i was visiting nashville, a year or so ago, my tour guide was a scientologist and he was all telling me about how i should get into it and what it can do, and i cut straight to the chase and asked about the evil alien spirits clinging to my soul ruining my life and he got angry and wouldnt talk about it.
i hear that the whole point of buying into the business is so that you can work your way up to being ready for information like this. that you don't learn about how we came about until pretty high up. i honestly heard from someone who claimed to be an ex-scientologist that they tell you if you learn the information before you're ready that you'll become "retarded." seriously. they also talked about a friend who was scared to watch the scientology south park episode because of this, even after she had left the organization, but when she saw her friends were fine, she decided to watch it.

cakes this is seriously fucking funny. she was afraid ha ha.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:27 pm
cakes

haha. i know, right? i often wonder if watching an episode of south park will result in severe neurological damage.
i was told by this mall dude that just about anything can be "cured" through the process of recalling the event. i wonder if you think back on hearing the forbidden information, your mental process somehow returns to "average"... though, we should probably wonder about the mental state of anyone who would find themselves in that situation in the first place.

i believe the LDS requests 10% of your salary go to the church, but does Scientology request a fixed amount? i'm going to look into the financial side of things more, but something tells me i'd have to go down there to find out.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

cakes wrote:
haha. i know, right? i often wonder if watching an episode of south park will result in severe neurological damage.
i was told by this mall dude that just about anything can be "cured" through the process of recalling the event. i wonder if you think back on hearing the forbidden information, your mental process somehow returns to "average"... though, we should probably wonder about the mental state of anyone who would find themselves in that situation in the first place.

i believe the LDS requests 10% of your salary go to the church, but does Scientology request a fixed amount? i'm going to look into the financial side of things more, but something tells me i'd have to go down there to find out.

i wonder then, if a scientologist recalled their joining of scientology would they be cured of the event. heh heh. its clear they didnt think this stuff all the way through.

i know some churches like baptists, request 20% percent. it's like if you are too poor to formally join, they let you come anyways but secretly every member knows you can't give your percent and so you dont count as much, until you can. but they cant turn you away. imagine if they did. im sure scientology has no place for the penniless.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

Shit. I would love to be hassled by Scientologists, if it meant I wouldn't be hassled by LDS missionaries anymore.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 pm
adic

Wiki no likey the Scientology...

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/afp/20090529/tc_afp/usitinternetreligionscientologywikipedia_20090529222413

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) - Wikipedia has blocked the Church of Scientology from editing entries at the communally-crafted online encyclopedia due to an unrelenting battle over the group's image.

A "longstanding struggle" between admirers of Scientology and critics of the group prompted Wikipedia on Thursday to bar online edits from computer addresses "owned or operated by the Church of Scientology and its associates."

An array of editors believed to have taken sides in a Scientology public-image war at Wikipedia have also been barred from tinkering with topics related to the church.

"Each side wishes the articles within this topic to reflect their point of view and have resorted to battlefield editing tactics," senior Wikipedia editors said in arbitration committee findings backing the decision.

"The worst casualties have been biographies of living people, where attempts have been repeatedly made to slant the article either towards or against the subject, depending on the point of view of the contributing editor."

A church spokeswoman downplayed the development, saying the Wikipedia arbitration committee is part of a routine process for handling conflicts at the website.

"Do Scientologists care what has been posted on Wikipedia? Of course," said Karin Pouw. "Some of it has been very hateful and erroneous. We hope all this will result in more accurate and useful articles on Wikipedia."
Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:12 pm
poisonfree

the E-Meter device is a fucking joke, it measures electrical resistance across your skin.

If you have sweaty palms you have less resistance and usually you can move the needle by squeezing (making better contact) with the hand pieces.

The real scam is that if you don't have sweaty palms you can watch the toolio just turn knobs which change its sensitivity, but the adjustment is electronically delayed, so they ask you some stupid question, and the needle will move because it's reacting to their adjustment, but they'll say it's because you hate your life LOL.

I too have voluntarily participated in their shenanigans multiple times, approaching it differently each time.

I talked/got "tested" in downtown sac by the Dianetics dealers, I sighed a lot and acted like my life sucked. They assured me my hardship and sadness was being reflected in the test. at the end I told them I was lying and some how their e-meter thought I was a great actor.

Another time I went and got "evaluated" at the local 4th of July fair. It was interesting, I had just finished my first semester back at college with straight A's (I hadn't been in school for 11 years), I had just gotten a well paying job, and I was still in that Euphoric-head-over-heels mode with my girlfriend. she stood behind me, I started off not revealing much, and he started shaking his head "Wow doesn't look too good" I asked why, he said it was showing i was having high levels of stress. I said "really?" and he was like "It must be your home life" and I replied "I live with my brother, he is my best friend, and my family lives in town and we have an awesome relationship, things are amazing especially on that front" he nodded and said "Ah well it must be work ......Ah it must be school...Ah it must be your debt"

i raised an eye brow and informed him how amazing all of those things were.

after he exhausted all of his ideas of why I was miserable, he got to saying "Ahh well it must be your girlfriend, relationships are tough, did you just have a rough patch maybe break up?" I looked over my shoulder and was like "No, things are amazing, she's right there, how amazing is she!?" haha he was pissed and just snatched the cans from my hands and said "Well there is nothing for you here" and turned away.

It felt like I was on "Crossing Over with John Edwards"
Post Sat May 30, 2009 6:48 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cakes

haha. they don't know what to do with happy people. now that i'm in a sweet spot i should go again.

has anyone here read much of the book?
Post Sat May 30, 2009 9:39 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3