Search
Register
Conservative Radio Host Erich Muller Gets Waterboarded
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Jascha

I like how he had a emergency cow, haha.

'Ok Mr Al Baghdadi, here's a Quran. Please drop it as soon as our torture methods become too much for you, ok? We don't really want to hurt or break you, after all.'

People seem to forget that this sort of shit is not just about the experience of the torture itself, it's also the uncertainty.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 11:26 am
Jesse

icarus502 wrote:
Why do I resist when Hitch is called a conservative? Is it because I agree with him, fundamentally, more than most of the major "liberal" commentators and I don't want to be a "conservative" either.
Well, I think there's a whole raft of reasons to take it easy when you're trying to decide whether to refer to him that way; mainly to do with his prior record and some of his lingering virtues. But he's shown a lot of stripes in the last five or six years that he didn't use to show, and outright changed stripes on some other matters... and it may not be the switch from writing love letters to Ginsberg to calling Fox a bunch of pinkos like Mr Weiner underwent, but he was once a mostly cool dude and he isn't anymore!
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:38 pm
Dj Mayonnaise

Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:06 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

If he shaved that crazy hair and stopped rocking back and forth like a crazy man I'd share this video with more people. I may just need to create an MP3 out of this and put some stock footage on top of the audio.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:14 pm
anomaly
Loserface

i thought waterboarding was a bit different than that video.

Don't they put a towel over your nose and mouth, so you can't spit the water out, then pour the water into your mouth in short intervals? I've seen it a bit differently.

At least that's how my friends and myself do it to one another.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:16 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Put that audio over this video...
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:18 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

That video was great.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:29 pm
Mercurial

That's a lame version of waterboarding.
Strip 'em down; hang 'em upside down and spray 'em with a fire hose. Put a towel of their faces so they cant spit out the water. Put a bag over their heads so if they do vomit, they are literally submerged in a disgusting combination of water and their own vomit.

If people have to debate on how awful this treatment is, isnt it bad enough? Maybe I'm just naive, but I cannot understand how humans can inflict torture on one another; it's sick, and until we know peace, we are no better than any other creature.

My faith in humanity dwindles...
Post Sat May 23, 2009 2:22 pm
johncos

And for the rebuttal.........................

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>
Post Sun May 24, 2009 8:38 am
Embryo

Saying the same thoroughly-debunked nonsense over and over again is not a rebuttal. There is no rebuttal. The debate is over.
Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 am
Sarcastro

johncos wrote:
And for the rebuttal.........................

this guy is awesome, I can't stop watching his videos. He's got his schtick down to a science, it's beautiful.

He's like if George Carlin and Archie Bunker had a kid, including the chair.

WHAT'S NEXT, WHAT'S NEXT, WHAT'S NEXT!!

Last edited by Sarcastro on Sun May 24, 2009 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 am
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

I wish ventura was still governor.

Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared Paul

Sage Francis wrote:
And these dudes are being water boarded under controlled circumstances. With friends. And they can make it stop whenever they want. When you have dudes like Mancow and Hitchens calling the sissy version of water boarding "torture" then that's some SHIT right there. These dudes really wanted to have another answer to give to the public.

This hits the nail on the head. It's exactly what i think every time I see one of these. Picture this already horrific torturous process, conducted by the childhood bully-villains of your worst nightmares, times a thousand. With no way to wake up or get away. With assaulting alien music blasting at the highest volumes.

I think one of the clearest points that isn't talked about enough, is that water boarding is designed to simulate death, as much as drowning. It's a mock execution whereby the prisoner is led to believe that his interrogators have gone too far and are actually going to kill him or her. Prisoners don't just confess because the pain or panic is so bad that they feel that they can't take it anymore, they literally think "i'm one of the ones who's going to DIE from this process, i'm going to die right here, right now on this table." So in that moment, it's either make up some shit that they'll believe or death/literally ending your life.

It's obviously disgusting, unacceptable, wrong, and fails to provide truthful information, it's also an irrefutable violation of international law.

*Trav, I've seen Bombzo and Xaul put on a street theater that would probably make you rethink your smug tone. I know you've got some emotional and other issues, and that's fine, but it's important to note that you're not getting over on anyone here. "Trained CIA Interrogators" or brutal frat dudes who decided to go into the marines and ended up getting a carte blanche to experiment with torture anyway they liked at Abu Ghraib could get you to confess to anything they wanted. Or just crank it up until you were dead. Trying to play that off doesn't make you look tough, or extreme, or highly skilled in pain tolerance training. It just makes you look careless and reactionary.
Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:03 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alan Hague

I would LOVE to see O'Reilly and Hannity get waterboarded.

Not because I wish pain on people, but because these guys in particular have openly, brazenly written off waterboarding as "not being torture." The way they talk about it is like it's a day in the fucking park. Go ahead and try it then!
Post Sun May 24, 2009 12:28 pm
adic

Haha... "He's gonna put terrorists, in a friggin time out chair", "He's gonna send them to bed without supper"

Hannity and O'Reilly are definetly at the top of the list of dudes that should be waterboarded, right next to that asshole in the Ventura video...
Post Sun May 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next