Search
Register
Conservative Radio Host Erich Muller Gets Waterboarded
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

xGasPricesx

Conservative Radio Host Erich Muller Gets Waterboarded  Reply with quote  

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Mancow-Takes-on-Waterboarding-and-Loses.html

"And so it went Friday morning when WLS radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided to subject himself to the controversial practice of waterboarding live on his show.

Mancow decided to tackle the divisive issue head on -- actually it was head down, while restrained and reclining.

"I want to find out if it's torture," Mancow told his listeners Friday morning, adding that he hoped his on-air test would help prove that waterboarding did not, in fact, constitute torture.

The debate over whether waterboarding constitutes torture reached a fever pitch this week as re-ignited claims that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) knew as early as 2002 about waterboarding techniques being used, and former Vice President Dick Cheney and President Barack Obama gave "dueling speeches" Thursday.

Listeners had the chance to decide whether Mancow himself or his co-host, Chicago radio personality Pat Cassidy, would undergo the interrogation method during the broadcast. The voters ultimately decided Mancow would be the one donning the soaked towel and shackles, and at about 8:40 a.m., he entered a small storage room next to his studio that was compared to a "dungeon" by Cassidy.

"The average person can take this for 14 seconds," Marine Sergeant Clay South answered, adding, "He's going to wiggle, he's going to scream, he's going to wish he never did this."

With a Chicago Fire Department paramedic on hand, Mancow was placed on a 7-foot long table, his legs were elevated, and his feet were tied up.

Turns out the stunt wasn't so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop. He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds.

"It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke,"Mancow said, likening it to a time when he nearly drowned as a child. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."

"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "

Last year, Vanity Fair writer Christopher Hitchens endured the same experiment -- and came to a similar conclusion. The conservative writer said he found the treatment terrifying, and was haunted by it for months afterward.

"Well, then, if waterboarding does not constitute torture, then there is no such thing as torture," Hitchens concluded in the article."

I can only wonder if this will change the tune of the rest of them. Probably not.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:33 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Why do I resist when Hitch is called a conservative? Is it because I agree with him, fundamentally, more than most of the major "liberal" commentators and I don't want to be a "conservative" either. Really, though. I'm not sure what these experiments are supposed to prove. It's obviously torture. If this guy who I've never heard of but is probably some pudgy privileged American fuck who has never missed a meal due to poverty could "laugh it off," then wouldn't some Al Qaeda guy who's actually gone through some kind of torture resistance training not even blink? The point is that it's torture, that it's bad enough to break anyone's barriers. If it weren't, it wouldn't be effective as an "enhanced" technique.

All that aside, though, I want more morons waterboarded. I'm not sure if we know for real for real yet. Hannity??? O'Reilly??? Liddy, you're tough, right??? I'm hereby challenging your manhood, G. Gordon Liddy. Whatup punk?

Edit: These videos weren't there, or they didn't load, when I started typing.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:42 pm
futuristxen

Isn't Hannity going to do this for charity or something? God I hope so.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:45 pm
xGasPricesx

icarus502 wrote:

Edit: These videos weren't there, or they didn't load, when I started typing.

Yeah, sorry, I hit submit prematurely and had to go back real quick and edit them in.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:49 pm
poisonfree

and then this too:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=448717

Sounds absolutely horrifying
Post Sat May 23, 2009 2:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
C.R.A.Z.Y

do they cover your mouth when they do it to you, so you cant breathe in your mouth and out your nose, like when swimmers keep water from drowning them while swimming with their faces underwater?
Post Sat May 23, 2009 2:28 am
poisonfree

i think there are many variations, kind of like, whatever the person doing the torturer wants to do.

The only common factors are the elevated lungs, the water, and the drowning feeling.

Oh yeah I couldn't find Hannity or Oreilly being water boarded but here is some Jabroni Fox Correspondent getting the soak:

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/11/04/video-steve-harrigan-gets-waterboarded-on-fox/
Post Sat May 23, 2009 2:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
the mean
Certified O.G.

Re: Conservative Radio Host Erich Muller Gets Waterboarded  Reply with quote  

xGasPricesx wrote:
I can only wonder if this will change the tune of the rest of them. Probably not.

Of course not. Most of them don't care if it is torture.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 8:36 am
box johnson

So he didn't make it to 80?
Post Sat May 23, 2009 8:41 am
Sarcastro

I like that these regular rich people try to do this to disprove that it's torture

they (as well as you or me or basically anyone living in North America) wouldn't even be able to withstand torture that works on a fraction of the level of somethign like waterboarding. It's torture, it breaks down even the most grizzled fuck who spends his life living in shitholes and murdering for a living, a person who is willing to die for his beliefs and they think their pompous ass can just get up there and hold their breath for a minute and just laugh it off.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 9:10 am
Travadone

that shit aint torture.

getting lit cigarettes put on u is torture,or your nipples cut off,not this shit.

this waterboarding shit is more like "talk or this will kinda suck" method.

thumbs up for waterboarding.

sidenote:torture is what happened to rambo. rambo ftw!
Post Sat May 23, 2009 9:21 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Travadone wrote:
that shit aint torture.

getting lit cigarettes put on u is torture,or your nipples cut off,not this shit.

God, I would love to see you waterboarded. Moron.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 9:25 am
Travadone

icarus502 wrote:
Travadone wrote:
that shit aint torture.

God, I would love to see you waterboarded. Moron.
i will gladly be waterboarded.

your talking to a guy who takes beatings on the regular to strengthen my mind and body.

EDIT:i am different than the avg bear so pain comes naturally.

also icarus would cry if he was open hand slapped.

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>
Post Sat May 23, 2009 9:32 am
poisonfree

a cigarette being put out on you? pshhh now that is child's play.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 10:24 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

And these dudes are being water boarded under controlled circumstances. With friends. And they can make it stop whenever they want. When you have dudes like Mancow and Hitchens calling the sissy version of water boarding "torture" then that's some SHIT right there. These dudes really wanted to have another answer to give to the public.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 10:35 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next