Search
Register
Swiiiiinnnee Flu For Your Face!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Dr Sagacious

Haha. When in doubt, resort to the grocery bags.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:38 am
theodora

I just got back from Mexico. They took our temperature at the airport. That was it. Nobody was wearing masks, nobody was sick, everything was open.

Hype. All hype. I'd be more worried about real illnesses: food poisoning, STD's, etc.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:43 am
Dr Sagacious

Yeah, I would love to tell the kids and teachers at the schools I work that there more likely to get an STD from a toilet seat than H1N1.

And when this whole Flu shit blew up, I was telling my friends, "Why isn't AIDS covered like this? AIDS kills more people, ffs!"
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:48 am
Majawala

i think ladders killed more people
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 am
Dr Sagacious

The smurfs killed more people than the Swine Flu did.

"MERRY SMURFIN' CHRISTMAS!"
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:55 am
z-spot22

my mom forwarded this to me, her friend took this picture with his cellphone at a train station in Tokyo......

awesome and hilarious....not sure why but its making me laugh
Post Sat May 23, 2009 10:20 am
Sarcastro

Dr Sagacious wrote:
Yeah, I would love to tell the kids and teachers at the schools I work that there more likely to get an STD from a toilet seat than H1N1.

that's not true, as long as the toilet seat isn't covered in blood, in which case you deserve to die for sitting on bloody toilet seats.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:01 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

haha...you don't need blood to get an std
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 pm
Sarcastro

but you need more than a cold dry surface like a toilet seat

edit: All up in your ass with the googlerection
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5003861_what-stds-can-toilet-seat.html
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

The info you linked me to still raises a bit of concern for me. Especially as I use public bathrooms a lot. So do a lot of people. And if these things can survive on a toilet seat for 24 hours...and multiple people use a public toilet seat within a 24 hour time frame...I dunno. I should be more careful but I'm not. I do my best to wipe the seat and sit on paper but it doesn't seem fool proof. I absolutely cannot shit while standing up. Maybe I can, but I refuse to.

Crabs
# Crabs, or pubic lice, feed on the blood in your genital area. It's one of the most contagious STDs, according to the Mayo Clinic. Exposure to crabs during sex even one time increases your likelihood of getting them by 90 percent. However, it's still rare for someone to contract crabs by sitting on an infected toilet because the lice can't live away from the body for longer than 24 hours.

Scabies
# Scabies is an itchy skin disease caused by mites. In addition to sexual contact, scabies can spread through skin-to-skin contact, though the encounters would have to be very close. You could catch scabies through hugging, according to MedicineNet, but it's unlikely that you would contract it through shaking hands. And while it's possible to contract scabies through a toilet seat, it's very unlikely. The mites can't survive being away from a body for more than 24 to 36 hours.

Herpes?
# Herpes is, perhaps, people's biggest concern over contracting STDs via toilet seats, but again, the risk is extremely small because the virus can't survive long outside the body.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:19 pm
Sarcastro

I have a germaphobe friend who carries around with him disinfectant and he uses that to clean the toilet seats before he sits down.

but for me I see it no different than swine flu, you worry yourself about something with such a small chance to affect you that overlook real problems/dangers. Not to say that I've ever sat on a public toilet without toilet paper coverin the seat.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:46 pm
Embryo

Scabies is a filth-transmitted-disease, not a sexually transmitted one. If you got Scabies it wouldn't have the consequences of like herpes or anything. Herpes is the scary one to me. Especially that whole thing about how they can travel from the mouth to the groin or vice versa -- come on, are there two different kinds or aren't there??
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:54 pm
Dr Sagacious

Don't worry about school toilets, because those things are pretty much destroyed of disease by a little chemical called "52".

Herpes-be-gone.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 3:24 pm
Mikal kHill

There are few experiences more chilling than realizing your dick just touched the toilet seat. You can google all the stats in the world, the fact remains that your most treasured appendage just made contact with a million disease ridden appendages in that momentary brush with fate.

-kHill
Post Sat May 23, 2009 6:32 pm
OM3N

Embryo wrote:
Scabies is a filth-transmitted-disease, not a sexually transmitted one. If you got Scabies it wouldn't have the consequences of like herpes or anything. Herpes is the scary one to me. Especially that whole thing about how they can travel from the mouth to the groin or vice versa -- come on, are there two different kinds or aren't there??

Screw you.

Syphilis(sp). is the bad one. Ugh /your insult/.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next