Search
Register
Burmingham PD: Beating a dead horse
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

poisonfree

Burmingham PD: Beating a dead horse  Reply with quote  

Well the guy running is no doubt fucking crazy, almost running over that cop took ballz, but damn these cops, ROOFLESS

Watch the video...It's fucked up.

I am watching the Chief talk to Anderson Cooper on CNN right now, He's an idiot. I'll try to find a video of the interview as well.

At least the cops got fired.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 12:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Disharmony

What the man who fell out of the vehicle dead? This....is so crazy. haha, wow.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:34 am
poisonfree

No he was knocked out, but I was trying to come up with a clever subject line.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:44 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tempest

This video reminded me so much of Grand Theft Auto. It's amazing.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 3:58 am
leifkolt

This is fucking insane.

It reinforces every single reason in my head that makes me hate cops and authority figures in general.

The news reported that this guy woke up in the hospital with injuries all over his face and upper body, and didn't even know he was severely beaten, he assumed the injuries were from the car crash, however most of them were from the beating he received afterward.

5 Cops got fired over this. Personally, I'd like to see criminal charges pressed and turn out guilty verdicts.

Fuckers!
Post Thu May 21, 2009 10:29 am
Smurf Stomper

That's so crazy. There is no way to justify that if you are a cop. I would have a completely different take on this if the dude hit some guy's kid/girlfriend/loved one and then the guy beat the shit out of him afterwards. But these are POLICE OFFICERS, they are suppose to serve and protect, not beat the shit out of knocked out people. Yeah, that guy really looked like he posed a threat...Surprised they didn't shoot him first...
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:34 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

and if someone tried to run over one of your friends, you wouldn't stomp them?

i'm not excusing what they did or saying they should have gotten off, but this holier than thou shit gets old.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:47 pm
Smurf Stomper

crash wrote:
and if someone tried to run over one of your friends, you wouldn't stomp them?

i'm not excusing what they did or saying they should have gotten off, but this holier than thou shit gets old.

No, that's exactly my point. If someone tried to run down my friend, I would kick the shit out of them no question. But I would expect to be arrested by the cops for doing so. These people are suppose to be held to a higher standard. I thought part of the training to become a cop was to learn how to deal with your emotions in stressful situations?
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:50 pm
it is yourself you seek

two things:

one, no i would not beat the shit out of them if they were already unconscious.

two, they are fucking professionals. they should be held to a higher standard
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:52 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

smurf - sorry that wasn't directed at you it was just a comment in general to the responses in the this thread.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Smurf Stomper

No worries, wasn't sure if it was or not. I get where you're coming from.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:30 pm
R. Kamidees

I'm torn. I just finished reading Blink and Malcolm Gladwell addresses situations similar to this.

This is all adrenaline and fear and anger. You are seeing the reptile brain at work. I agree that police should be held to higher standards and I agree that they deserved to be fired. But nobody in that situation (driver/chaser) had any consequences in mind. We are all animals, and will act like it if our hearts beat fast enough. There are many police departments that forbid high-speed pursuits because most of them end like this.

My point is that you put anyone in that situation, you can't expect them to act rationally.

Last edited by R. Kamidees on Thu May 21, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:43 pm
Nahgied

that was a crazy video. total video game stylez.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:53 pm
english bob

R. Kamidees wrote:
My point is that you put anyone in that situation, you can't expect them to act rationally.

but if you put police in that situation, you have every right to expect them to act rationally. that's what they're paid for. it's their calling. y'know, to help people etc.. suppress their 'reptile brain'. not to lay into unconscious car crash victims. regardless of the circumstance.

and that's not on some holier than thou shit. i'm not saying i'd be a pillar of virtue, but that's why i'm not in the police.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poisonfree

Anderson Cooper interviewed an "expert" to find out what was going through their mind as beat the unconscious guy.

The "Expert" was a Police trainer, and made the shallow excuse that:

"We don't know what those cops saw, we can make assumptions from this video, but the important thing for us to see is what is NOT on the film, this is only a small portion of a long tape. After all there are many times where a criminal will feign compliance, and this seems like it was one of those cases. You can see when they descend on the criminal they are checking where his hands are and making sure he does not grab a weapon."

You know it's bad when Anderson Cooper makes you look like an idiot:

"Well one, do you really think he had the capacity to decide to feign compliance as he was flipping out of the car? and 2 if they thought he was still a potential threat, isn't it more logical, and common, to slowly approach the person with guns drawn in order to assess the situation?"

bahhh
Post Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next