Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Company Flow, Special Ed, Love Potion 5, & more updates
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Author Message
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

Neuro wrote:
haha retards

theres alot more that are good

open your ears
open our ears? Shut up u lame.

Just because its "indie" doesn't make it hot.

I'd rather listen to hollaback girl than def jux related bullshit.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 12:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
remind



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 2199
Location: NJ
 Reply with quote  

Definitely Fantastic Damage. And don't front on Hangar 18.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 1:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7781
 Reply with quote  

Travadone wrote:
Neuro wrote:
haha retards

theres alot more that are good

open your ears
open our ears? Shut up u lame.

Just because its "indie" doesn't make it hot.

I'd rather listen to hollaback girl than def jux related bullshit.


being "indie" has nothing to do with it shmuck
Post Sun May 03, 2009 4:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Guerilla S.Thompson



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 87
Location: Providence www.myspace.com/lordwillin401
 Reply with quote  

rugged like Rwanda!
Post Sun May 03, 2009 7:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

Guerilla S.Thompson wrote:
rugged like Rwanda!
hey fuckface,i said that line a few weeks ago in a thread about coflow
Post Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Guerilla S.Thompson



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 87
Location: Providence www.myspace.com/lordwillin401
 Reply with quote  

Travadone what's up with the EL-P hate?

The man is a production genius and his live show is fucking phenomenal! I saw him tear down the Middle East in Boston about two years ago.

Both " Fantastic Damage" and " ISWYD" are great albums IMO.

Def Jux is an indie power house that cannot be denied. And I think EL-P is a very dope rapper, maybe he's over some people's heads but the dude is ill.

And on top of all of that " Funcrusher Plus" is indeed a groundbreaking album on many levels. It's one of the pioneers of this indie hip hop scene we all seem to love...... or hate.......

I still have my original copy of " Funcrusher Plus" and it's scratched to hell so I am glad they are re-issuing it.



MOTHERFUCK THE HOUSTON ROCKETS
Post Sun May 03, 2009 7:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Guerilla S.Thompson



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 87
Location: Providence www.myspace.com/lordwillin401
 Reply with quote  

Travadone wrote:
Guerilla S.Thompson wrote:
rugged like Rwanda!
hey fuckface,i said that line a few weeks ago in a thread about coflow


fuck face? more like Laser face..... honkey
Post Sun May 03, 2009 7:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

Guerilla S.Thompson wrote:
Travadone wrote:
Guerilla S.Thompson wrote:
rugged like Rwanda!
hey fuckface,i said that line a few weeks ago in a thread about coflow


fuck face? more like Laser face..... honkey
smh
Post Sun May 03, 2009 8:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll


Joined: 18 Oct 2002
Posts: 4825
 Reply with quote  

I agree with everything Trav has said about El-P and Co Flow
Post Mon May 04, 2009 12:45 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Raoul DeGroot



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 2437
Location: Son Quest
 Reply with quote  

Really? Some people spend a lot of time worrying that their artists have gotten too uppity. Funny kind of involvement, that.

Nobody mentions any Rob Sonic/Sonic Sum. Does films count as a Def Jux release?
"Madness wagon two door stretched out Lex Luthor" Ha I love that guy.

...Hmm, right now there is a man on the street below yelling like a cross between Lion-O and Michael Jackson in the 5minute smash the car and crotchgrabbing sequence of the extended Black and White video. Or maybe he's singing. Either way I am going to throw a flowerpot out the window very soon and he will become as a Ghostface phrase.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 1:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

Travadone wrote:
Most of you weren't even listening to hiphop when funcrusher came out...no one bought it...its not a "oh it changed underground!"

Stop.
That's the dumbest fucking thing you've said yet. Anyone who was paying attention to rap other than Puffy and Cash Limit / No Money in the late 90s (which anyone who actually LIKED hip-hop was forced to do) could watch the underground explode from Dr Octagon and Sex Styles, Funcrusher, Black Star, Fondle 'Em records like Doomsday and Juggaknots, and tapes by west coast cats like Living Legends, Solesides, Project Blowed / Shapeshifters / Visionaries and east coast cats like Live Poets, Aesop Rock... midwest tapes by Dose One, Dibbs, Atmosphere... it was progressive, and Funcrusher played a huge part in the early stages of it.

I don't know your history; maybe you were jiggy in 1997 and that's why you have no idea what you're talking about?

Jesus fucking christ of course it changed the underground.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:00 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21580
 Reply with quote  

I just received confirmation that this release of Funcrusher Plus is remastered.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:
Travadone wrote:
Most of you weren't even listening to hiphop when funcrusher came out...no one bought it...its not a "oh it changed underground!"

Stop.
That's the dumbest fucking thing you've said yet. Anyone who was paying attention to rap other than Puffy and Cash Limit / No Money in the late 90s (which anyone who actually LIKED hip-hop was forced to do) could watch the underground explode from Dr Octagon and Sex Styles, Funcrusher, Black Star, Fondle 'Em records like Doomsday and Juggaknots, and tapes by west coast cats like Living Legends, Solesides, Project Blowed / Shapeshifters / Visionaries and east coast cats like Live Poets, Aesop Rock... midwest tapes by Dose One, Dibbs, Atmosphere... it was progressive, and Funcrusher played a huge part in the early stages of it.

I don't know your history; maybe you were jiggy in 1997 and that's why you have no idea what you're talking about?

Jesus fucking christ of course it changed the underground.
weve discussed this before,i know more about hiphop than you. your just a lame white canadian who will say el-p changed the game because your a moron. company flow also had the worst track on soundbombing 2...
Post Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
sequence



Joined: 21 Jul 2002
Posts: 2182
Location: www.anteuppdx.com
 Reply with quote  

Travadone wrote:
company flow also had the worst track on soundbombing 2...


While I was never crazy about Funcrusher, I fucking love Patriotism. That track has been my joint for damn near a decade. The Medina Green and Thirstin Howl tracks are weaksauce.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Dan Shay



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Posts: 11245
Location: MN
 Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:


I don't know your history; maybe you were jiggy in 1997 and that's why you have no idea what you're talking about?

Jesus fucking christ of course it changed the underground.


Def Jux didn't change shit around that time except the availability of baby tees, trucker caps and wife beaters with their logo on it.

Cold Vein and Labor days withstanding.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 3:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:26 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon