Search
Register
What is your experience buying a used car from a dealership?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Theodora, Grand Marquis are rated as a great buy for used vehicles on Edmunds.com
Those cars are tanks and go forever, thats why cops and taxi's use them, I had one for over two years put on about 70K miles on it in those two years and never had a problem with it. I go off personal experience not sure where you formed your opinion
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:42 pm
WeDueThis

theodora wrote:

What about a '94 Corolla with 140,000 miles and 0 luxury features? That should be about 2500. Happy hunting.

Thats exactly what im lookin at. A few of those as a matter of fact. Im gonna take my dad, hes pretty much a backyard mechanic so im sure he can sniff out most problems. Ive had good experiences with japanese cars in the past. I had a 92 Mazda 626 which didnt need any repairs for nearly a year until i smashed it and i have a 96 cavy and 94 taurus that i had to get fixed every few months.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Also, Sage, don't fuck around with your license, in alot of states everytime you get caught driving on a suspended license it adds a year to the timeframe of your license suspension. If you continue to get cited for driving on a suspended license it can be revoked and its up to the DMV at that point and they can reject your reinstatement for years.
Ive seen dudes at my old job who would come in after being caught 5-6 times and they couldnt even reapply for 5-6years, then at that point there was no guarentee it would even get reinstated. Try to stop it before it gets too deep. Yes, it's a hassle but so are the alternatives. Your going to need to your license current for that big fall tour your planning.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:55 pm
theodora

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
Theodora, Grand Marquis are rated as a great buy for used vehicles on Edmunds.com
Those cars are tanks and go forever, thats why cops and taxi's use them, I had one for over two years put on about 70K miles on it in those two years and never had a problem with it. I go off personal experience not sure where you formed your opinion

Duly noted. My opinion is also based off personal experience, but never owned a Grand Marquis.

My car shit out again today so i may be with WDT in searching for a car in the next year.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Well, I don't want to fuck around...but I also don't have the time at the moment. I keep thinking a gap will open up for me to clear all these matters away and then more stuff piles up. It's definitely in the plans. I haven't been pulled over for years. Knock on morning wood.

Side note, I loved my Grand Marquis.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

I miss my Marquis so much, , I have an 08' Hyundia and I cant stand it , bought it brand new and I have been trying to find a way to make it work where I can get rid of it and get another grand marquis, people think Im crazy.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 pm
redball

For new cars, but if you can't pull out the bits that are applicable to used cars then I don't think any advice online will really help you:

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 pm
futuristxen

I hate buying cars. It's the single most painful purchase I've ever gone through. I cried in front of the finance guy when I got my last car. It did not result in him lowering my rate. Those bastards are cold blooded. I hope this last car is my last car though. Cars are dumb, I hate them. I hate trying to take care of them. I hate buying them. I hate cleaning them. I would rather have a horse.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:07 pm
Dr Sagacious

[quote="futuristxen"]I hate buying cars. It's the single most painful purchase I've ever gone through. I cried in front of the finance guy when I got my last car. It did not result in him lowering my rate. Those bastards are cold blooded. I hope this last car is my last car though. Cars are dumb, I hate them. I hate trying to take care of them. I hate buying them. I hate cleaning them. I would rather have a horse.[/quote

You still have to clean, feed, and house a horse.

Also, horses don't have air conditioning.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:32 am
futuristxen

[quote="Dr Sagacious"]
futuristxen wrote:
I hate buying cars. It's the single most painful purchase I've ever gone through. I cried in front of the finance guy when I got my last car. It did not result in him lowering my rate. Those bastards are cold blooded. I hope this last car is my last car though. Cars are dumb, I hate them. I hate trying to take care of them. I hate buying them. I hate cleaning them. I would rather have a horse.[/quote

Horses clean themselves, I thought?

At any rate, at least a horse has personality, and can communicate with you. Feed is probably cheaper than gas, right? Maybe I'll get an elephant. Picture me pounding down the freeway on my elephant, with license plates around his neck like dog tags. His name would be Charlie. And he would move cars out of the way with his trunk. When drivers complained at me, I would just be like "what am I supposed to do? He's an elephant!!!"
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:38 am
Dr Sagacious

[quote="futuristxen"]
Dr Sagacious wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
I hate buying cars. It's the single most painful purchase I've ever gone through. I cried in front of the finance guy when I got my last car. It did not result in him lowering my rate. Those bastards are cold blooded. I hope this last car is my last car though. Cars are dumb, I hate them. I hate trying to take care of them. I hate buying them. I hate cleaning them. I would rather have a horse.[/quote

Horses clean themselves, I thought?

At any rate, at least a horse has personality, and can communicate with you. Feed is probably cheaper than gas, right? Maybe I'll get an elephant. Picture me pounding down the freeway on my elephant, with license plates around his neck like dog tags. His name would be Charlie. And he would move cars out of the way with his trunk. When drivers complained at me, I would just be like "what am I supposed to do? He's an elephant!!!"

Can horses reach their buttholes? You may have to do that for them. It's a dirty job, and it's on par with cleaning bird shit off your car.

Imagine running over a steaming pile of elephant shit while you're doing 80 in your shiny Mercedes.

If you get an elephant, I get a chocobo.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:42 am
futuristxen

Horses butts are self-cleaning. They shit clean for the most part I believe, and whatever doesn't get out, is cleaned up by the tiny poop unicorn that lives up their butt.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 am
futuristxen

And if we're talking riding mythical animals, my answer is always going to be dragon. I mean, they fly, they shoot fire, they have mad gold in their caves, they talk to you when you're down, but they don't get too touchy feely, because they are fucking reptiles after all.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:47 am
poisonfree

if you are paying cash just buy from a private person. Plus no taxes.

I got my 92 Honda Civic for 3000$ and it ran for 8 years with almost NO maintenance.
(replaced radiator and the distributer that was it)

My suggestion to you though is BUY A MANUAL CAR, F' an Auto tranny.

if you can not drive a stick shift then learn or buy a Bicycle.

Nothing says heartache like spending 2,000$ on a car, only have have the tranny die 11 months later, which costs about 3000$ to repair/rebuild.

Ford, Chrysler, all horrendous automatic tranny's in particular. but for the most part they all suck.

getting a new clutch in a manual is only 300$
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:22 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

the dollar sign goes before the number.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next