Search
Register
son of Megachruch's pastor arrested 4 indecent exposure
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

son of Megachruch's pastor arrested 4 indecent exposure  Reply with quote  

Damn, Jakes...your son is all broken and shit.

Son of Dallas’ Pastor T.D. Jakes arrested for indecent exposure

http://www.dallasvoice.com/artman/publish/article_10636.php

Jermaine Jakes, arrested after approaching male officers in park, lists T.D. Jakes Ministries as his place of employment

The son of T.D. Jakes — the Dallas megachurch pastor who’s called homosexuality a “brokenness” and declared that he would never hire a sexually active gay person — was arrested in a gay sex sting in Kiest Park in January, according to Dallas police reports.

Jermaine Donnell Jakes, 29, faces a charge of indecent exposure after allegedly exposing himself in front of two undercover vice detectives shortly after 10 p.m. on Jan. 3. Senior Cpl. Janice Crowther, a DPD spokeswoman, confirmed Thursday, Feb. 12 that the detectives were both male.

According to an arrest affidavit, the detectives were conducting an investigation into citizen complaints of sexual activity when they observed Jakes and several other unknown males park their vehicles in the lot east of the park at 2106 W. Kiest Blvd.

The detectives followed Jakes into a wooded area, where he approached them with his penis exposed through his unzipped pants, the affidavit states. Jakes masturbated for several seconds while making eye contact with one of the detectives.

Jakes made no attempt to conceal his penis despite people walking and jogging on a trail nearby, the affidavit states. According to court records, Jermaine Jakes listed his place of employment as T.D. Jakes Ministries. Jakes was released at the scene after being detained.

T.D. Jakes is the founder of the Potters House, a 30,000-member church in South Dallas. A vocal opponent of same-sex marriage, he’s been criticized by HIV/AIDS activists for undermining prevention of the disease by stigmatizing homosexuality and drug use.

On same-sex marriage, Jakes once told USA Today: “To date, I have not seen scriptural authority that allows me to stand on behalf of God and say I now pronounce you husband and husband, and wife and wife. This is an issue the government is undecided about. The Bible is not.”

Jermaine Jakes’ attorney, Faith Johnson, issued a written statement this week.
“We are aware of potential allegations involving Jermaine Jakes and are undertaking our own investigation of these allegations at this time,” the statement said. “Given an apparent government investigation, we have no further comment at this time.”
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:28 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Watching T.D. Jakes on Dr.Phil is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I find his jolliness, charisma and positivity to be refreshing.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:44 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.
..  Reply with quote  

Not important .But seriously how do you,"masturbate for several seconds"???

Really???
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:58 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Majawala

he probably stopped after 4 pumps
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:07 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

He could just tell the cops he was stretching it out after being in a pool.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:15 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

this kind of news is WHERE IT'S AT! I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation...

Mr. Jakes, you have several seconds. Go!
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm
redball

The way they set up sting operations targeting homosexuals like this bothers me a lot more than that vegan guy being on the most wanted list.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

redball wrote:
The way they set up sting operations targeting homosexuals like this bothers me a lot more than that vegan guy being on the most wanted list.

This was the very first thing I noticed, and was immediately uneasy about it. But after re-reading it, the article doesn't give enough information to make that assumption. The wording of "gay sex sting" makes it sound like they go around trying to set-up homosexual men, but further down it says "the detectives were conducting an investigation into citizen complaints of sexual activity". What exactly that means/entails, I'm not sure. I'd be interested to know more about what goes on in these "sexual activity investigations" and if it really is simply to target gay men or what.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:05 pm
neveragainlikesheep

Must have been hard for him to grow up with pops hating him.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:17 pm
AdamBomb

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
Must have been hard for him to grow up with pops hating him.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:14 pm
Sarcastro

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
redball wrote:

This was the very first thing I noticed, and was immediately uneasy about it. But after re-reading it, the article doesn't give enough information to make that assumption. The wording of "gay sex sting" makes it sound like they go around trying to set-up homosexual men, but further down it says "the detectives were conducting an investigation into citizen complaints of sexual activity". What exactly that means/entails, I'm not sure. I'd be interested to know more about what goes on in these "sexual activity investigations" and if it really is simply to target gay men or what.

maybe the people around that area got tired of finding used condoms and called the cops to put a stop to it.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:02 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Sarcastro wrote:
CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
redball wrote:

maybe the people around that area got tired of finding used condoms and called the cops to put a stop to it.

Thats why I'm saying there isn't enough info to make the assumption. Its a legit reason, but the phrase "gay sex sting" implies something completely different.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 pm
redball

It's a standard prostitution sting. The thing is that they specifically have task forces for homosexual prostitution and they go after it with a fervor that hetro prostitution hasn't seen in years. Every time anyone with even a hint of name recognition is caught they're publicly outed immediately.

While I think it's good to expose that the very people who are outspoken against homosexuality are homosexuals or are closely related to them, because it shows the hypocrisy and complexity of the issue they berate and oversimplify. I also feel like it's bad the way that this is presented. These people are put on display as perverted outcasts that society should shun. In fact, the only reason why many of them are doing these things in random bathrooms with strangers is because of the very treatment the media and police give them. They are made to feel like they are criminals for doing this at home, so they try to go somewhere where they can be anonymous. The police have a vendetta against them and the media play along.

I don't have a huge problem with law enforcement going after people having sex in public places. My issue is with how these situations are treated and presented to us. This kid's crime was public indecency, not his sexual orientation nor how that pertains to his father.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:52 pm
AdamBomb

If a dude wants to beat it in the forest, well that's his gosh dern American right. Even if its just for a few seconds.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 am
Mikal kHill

Wasn't TD Jakes the guy who said he was homosexual, but "cured?"

-kHill
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:48 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next