Search
Register
Taliban flogging women in Pakistan
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

WeDueThis

btw, nothing came of that shamwow/whore story. Charges were dropped on dropped on both parties and they dont want to pursue shit. Sure sounds like the direction a rape case would go. :roll:
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 am
erich

WeDueThis wrote:
Sure sounds like the direction a rape case would go. :roll:

you have no idea what you're talking about. just... trust me.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:59 am
mzehe916

WeDueThis wrote:
btw, nothing came of that shamwow/whore story. Charges were dropped on dropped on both parties and they dont want to pursue shit. Sure sounds like the direction a rape case would go. :roll:

::double eye roll::
Umm, you know, I didn't want to respond to this, but I have to. Please, do not think that there has been a case for every rape committed. Understand, many people who have been sexually assaulted have dropped charges for a wide variety of reasons.

I don't like to speculate on rape, as I mentioned in that thread. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, and it doesn't mean that it did happen.

Also, sounds like a settlement between the parties might have been made. I don't know. I bet they do.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:00 pm
WeDueThis

erich wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:

Oh my bad. Didn't realize you had copies of the court papers and "victims" statements.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 pm
Jesse

It actually sounds exactly like the direction a rape case would go. I guess recognizing that would require a person having the faintest fucking idea what he or she was talking about, though, wouldn't it?
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:05 pm
WeDueThis

mzehe916 wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:

::double eye roll::
Umm, you know, I didn't want to respond to this, but I have to. Please, do not think that there has been a case for every rape committed. Understand, many people who have been sexually assaulted have dropped charges for a wide variety of reasons.

I don't like to speculate on rape, as I mentioned in that thread. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, and it doesn't mean that it did happen.

Also, sounds like a settlement between the parties might have been made. I don't know. I bet they do.
Trust me i know alot of rapes go under the radar but i just didn't like the digging for bullshit approach some had. There wasn't anything that even insinuated rape let alone charges being filed and then dropped. Again most rape victims dont get arrested and spend their time in a hospital bed with cuffed to the bed. They usually say something before they let it get that far.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:05 pm
Jesse

WeDueThis wrote:
There wasn't anything that even insinuated rape...
There was a dude with a half-bit-off tongue and a woman beat to shit. There aren't very many equivalently likely scenarios to explain that other than attempted rape.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 pm
erich

WeDueThis wrote:
erich wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:

Oh my bad. Didn't realize you had copies of the court papers and "victims" statements.

well, you're not talking about this one incident, you're talking about your perspective of this situation based on your perception of how rape happens and how rape cases generally procede. and in that regard, yes, im comfortable claiming authority. you've stated your views on how rape survivors should react and report and made a lot of generalizations about the issue and how it is dealt with as a legal/public safety matter, and you've been off the mark basically across the board. you're out of your element, dunny.

Last edited by erich on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:10 pm
erich

WeDueThis wrote:
Again most rape victims dont get arrested and spend their time in a hospital bed with cuffed to the bed. They usually say something before they let it get that far.

again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:12 pm
WeDueThis

erich wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:
erich wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:

well, you're not talking about this one incident, you're talking about your perspective of this situation based on your perception of how rape happens and how rape cases generally procede. and in that regard, yes, im comfortable claiming authority. you've stated your views on how rape survivors should react and report and made a lot of generalizations about the issue and how it is dealt with as a legal/public safety matter, and you've been off the mark basically across the board. you're out of your element, dunny.
I am talking about this incident. I do believe generally if someone who is victimized in a rape they and then booked and arrested they usually will say something. I know alot of rapes go unreported but im sure most that involve the victim getting arrested USUALLY dont.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:26 pm
WeDueThis

erich wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:
Again most rape victims dont get arrested and spend their time in a hospital bed with cuffed to the bed. They usually say something before they let it get that far.

again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Again, neither did you guys. If its ok to make an assumption its a rape case then its my right to make assumptions too. If you can at least admit speculating on something you know nothing of is wrong then i'll gladly fall back.

Last edited by WeDueThis on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

so it's clear that everyone who is speculating as to whether or not it was rape is talking out of his ass?

good. so quit it.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm
sequence

WeDueThis wrote:
shambhala wrote:
WeDueThis wrote:
I am not interested in reading or responding to anything complex that would require a little bit of thoughtfulness, because like most people who think like me, I have a hard time articulating my opinions with any depth. The reason for that is, because I'm wrong and those opinions are based more on emotion than intellect. I'd rather crack a few unfunny jokes and think up shitty screen names.

Yea your screenname is fucking awesome. Sorry im not as deep as you and i dont sit at starbucks daily with my sandals on and 3 weeks worth of unwashed hair while i sip lattes and wax philosophic on how uneducated and backwoods the rest of the world is.

You, sir--and I say this very rarely, so feel special--are retarded. You do realize that you've been talking enacting genocide upon "uneducated and backwoods" religious extremists for the last three pages of this conversation, right?
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm
redball

It's clear that the two topics are different and that we shouldn't be having this conversation here. Have it in the other thread so that all the context is there.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm
erich

i dont think i made any claims about that specific case at all, in any thread. the only speculation i've entertained is that sex workers generally dont bite clients' tongues unless something is really wrong. maybe she was being raped, maybe it was two unstable people with poor communication skills having a shitty relationship; i dont know.

i do know, however, that most rapes go unreported, and the reason for that is almost unanimously that survivors dont feel like they'll be believed. i also know that most rapes are committed by repeat offenders, who specifically target victims based on a likely lack of credibility. drunk girls at a party, for example.

also, prostitutes. you're pretty clear on your position that a whore is essentially not a woman, for the purposes of determining what level of respect and compassion a women deserves in a violent situation. and i assure you, you're not alone. prostitutes are routinely arrested and booked after being raped. in fact, a judge recently ruled the gang-rape at gunpoint of a prostitute as "theft of services." so what im saying is, you're making a lot of noise about alternative viewpoints and nuanced anaylsis of the situation, but you're really just perpetuating the status quo of victim-blaming and intolerance that dissuades rape victims from reporting in the first place.

it's like, yes, no one knows for sure, but i think there is more than enough evidence to at least give the women the benefit of the doubt, if for no other reason than for the sake of all the women who actually ARE raped and afraid to come forward. if you're less concerned with that than with trying to catch a lying whore, you need to take a hard look at what's at stake for you personally in the argument.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next