Search
Register
Taliban flogging women in Pakistan
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

ted_kennedy

Taliban flogging women in Pakistan  Reply with quote  

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/04/taliban-flogging-inquiry-pakistan

There's a video in that link. I would embed it if I knew how.

What a bunch of fucking savages. Shock and awe, imo.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 am
Charlie Foxtrot

Re: Taliban flogging women in Pakistan  Reply with quote  

ted_kennedy wrote:
Shock and awe, imo.

What do you mean by this? Like the military doctrine?
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:34 am
ted_kennedy

Re: Taliban flogging women in Pakistan  Reply with quote  

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
ted_kennedy wrote:
Shock and awe, imo.

What do you mean by this? Like the military doctrine?

Yeah, as in, anybody that would do that to a woman doesn't deserve to live.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:24 am
Charlie Foxtrot

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 am
poisonfree

I had a similar experience when I shaved my sisters head when she was 7 and I was 11.

it was still worth the chuckle.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:48 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
firefly

It's funny how these videos always pop up when certain war mongering Presidents want to invade said country.

"These people don't deserve to live!!!!! So let's wipe out the whole fucking country!!!! Fucking savages."
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:01 am
Travadone

I didn't watch the video but what I did read about "flogging" was they hold down the female lift her dress up and whip her bum...

That my friends is the stuff boners are made of...

if 2 women held me down and the 3rd whipped my ass then flog me silly....
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 am
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

firefly wrote:
It's funny how these videos always pop up when certain war mongering Presidents want to invade said country.

"These people don't deserve to live!!!!! So let's wipe out the whole fucking country!!!! Fucking savages."

So you think this is a smear campaign against the Taliban, who are quite possibly just misunderstood, decent people?
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:12 am
Alan Hague

Mac Lethal 2007 wrote:
firefly wrote:

So you think this is a smear campaign against the Taliban, who are quite possibly just misunderstood, decent people?

I don't think that's what he's saying. Obviously, the Taliban are a bunch of cruel backwards fundamentalists.

But we didn't hear anything about the cruelties of the Taliban when we were supporting them to fight the Soviets in the 80's. And we continued to look the other way for a little while in the 90's, hoping they would unify Afghanistan.

Same thing with Iraq. Didn't hear much about Saddam's atrocities when he was on our side; once he overstepped his boundaries, he became a bad guy overnight. (Which he was; no argument there.)

The Taliban are disgusting; naturally, the Pentagon is going to use that to rally public opinion behind foreign policy. Whether this video was released deliberately to that end is the question.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:33 am
Dan Shay

This is the Caspian Sea.

Shipping it out across the Caspian, over the mountains, across the Black Sea, over the mountains, and then all the way across the Mediterranean is inefficient. Incredibly.

Vast amounts of natural gas and crude oil is in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.

Russia wasn't all up in Georgia for nothing.

Somalia has a bit of oil as well but lacks a stable regime to extract.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:50 am
WeDueThis

Fucking sub-humans.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:45 am
mancabbage

the sound is worse than the video, fuckin wankers
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:59 am
ted_kennedy

Alan Hague wrote:
Mac Lethal 2007 wrote:
firefly wrote:

I don't think that's what he's saying. Obviously, the Taliban are a bunch of cruel backwards fundamentalists.

But we didn't hear anything about the cruelties of the Taliban when we were supporting them to fight the Soviets in the 80's. And we continued to look the other way for a little while in the 90's, hoping they would unify Afghanistan.

Same thing with Iraq. Didn't hear much about Saddam's atrocities when he was on our side; once he overstepped his boundaries, he became a bad guy overnight. (Which he was; no argument there.)

The Taliban are disgusting; naturally, the Pentagon is going to use that to rally public opinion behind foreign policy. Whether this video was released deliberately to that end is the question.

Hmm... I can honestly say that if this video had materialised back when the Mujahedin was 'on our side' I would have been equally disgusted.

My point in posting the video was just that, when people do things like this, they cross a line and don't deserve any kind of due process or sympathy.

In other words, as far as the Taliban are concerned, I feel the same way Orwell felt about fascists - "if each of us killed one, they would soon be extinct."
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:28 pm
firefly

Mac Lethal 2007 wrote:
firefly wrote:

Um, yeah I love the Talibans. They're a fun bunch.

Seriously though, when footage like this is released people get riled up and start to feel less guilty about killing innocent civilians in the process of "Wiping these savages off the map". Barack's been talking about Pakistan a lot so it doesn't surprise me that this video is coming out now.

Despite how disturbing the stuff is that these people do, I find it just as disturbing hearing people shout out ignorant war cries about a situation they know nothing about.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:29 pm
firefly

ted_kennedy wrote:
My point in posting the video was just that, when people do things like this, they cross a line and don't deserve any kind of due process or sympathy.

In other words, as far as the Taliban are concerned, I feel the same way Orwell felt about fascists - "if each of us killed one, they would soon be extinct."

So you're saying that the Taliban AREN'T nice people?! Never heard that before.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next