Search
Register
Portland, ME 5/22 with B. Dolan, Prolyphic, PFA
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

up
Post Fri May 22, 2009 1:24 pm
Jared Paul

dilly dilly wrote:
Yesterday I some how managed to get tonight off from work... woo hoo!!!!

see you cats tonight! xoxo
-=dd

Great to see ya at the show Dilly! I dig Portland and always mean to spend more time there. It reminds me of Providence, just friendlier, further north, and with more brick structures.

This was the first time in PFA's short history that we had to deal with significant technical difficulty/equipment malfunctions during a set. Shit went haywire during the first song with a new guitar string falling wildly out of tune, our bassist not only breaking a string during sound check but part of the neck actually breaking ass well (he played the whole set on a bass he'd never played on brought by our engineer as a back up) and pieces to a brand new snare (first show ever played with) in Dave's kit. I don't think the audience knew how angry everyone in the band was that our door kicker got fucked up, but we were. Thankfully, it resulted in us playing with (what we hope) was a focused chip on our shoulder for the rest of the set, and things turned out really nicely. We're especially suped that the Portland crowd was down to get rowdy and punk rock with us. I'm pretty sure they had no idea what they were getting jumpin' into, but they still danced and screamed and kept it live the whole way through.

Thanks to Sonya, Ryan, JD, and the whole crew at the Space for having us out. It's a great place to have show.

HIGH POINT OF THE NIGHT: Francis, Prolyphic, B., and Alias all on stage busting Survived Another Winter. The energy was through the roof and it sounded fucking great. it felt special just getting to see something like that.

All in all a really fun show- PFA will definitely be playing there again this summer/fall.

*Also: Fair trade coffee and great vegan food right close to the venue- if you're ever in the neighborhood: Coffee By Design and the Green Elephant!!
Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:48 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3