Search
Register
Mac Lethal, Dilly Dilly, Soulcrate in-store. Now with Pics
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.
poetry/prose  Reply with quote  

Do we have a thread for that? Trust me I've looked , yet sometimes I'm blind.

And if not, can i be that asshole to make it?
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:48 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Travadone wrote:
I want to know the song and beat dilly dilly played where she played the hand saw...that beat was nice...

I thought that was to the song she looped live with her voice
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
mattrego

I was there but I don't have any friends so I ride solo. Ha! I thought Dilly was amazing. I had a smile from ear to ear when she did the beat box/layering, or whatever the fuck it was, it was great! Mac is a fucking star. So different from the Fuck Clear Channel Tour and he was great then. Soulcrates sounded good also.

Such a cool spot for a show. I had a great time regardless of the size of the crowd. Fucking Rhode Island.

"I'll beat you down and fuck your ass" - Sage to Mac

"Are you Asher Roth's brother cause you look like you're gonna kill me" - Mac to long haired dude.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:55 am
Coffee Black

I broke down on the way to Cambridge,MA last night . :/ that excuse enough for not attending? ha. Shame the turn out was bad. I was looking forward to the chance to attend something at The Grant in the future.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:56 am
Travadone

Sage Francis wrote:
Travadone wrote:
I want to know the song and beat dilly dilly played where she played the hand saw...that beat was nice...

I thought that was to the song she looped live with her voice
. Could of been...it made me feel good...like the warm weather is coming and it just a hot beat...

And me wearing the dilly dilly shirt is cool like me rocking suicide girls shirts 8 years ago...
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:59 am
Guerilla S.Thompson

not for nothing but Mac tore it down regardless of the small turnout, I gotta give him dumb props for that. I thought that his performance was something to learn from for any aspiring artists who were in the building, I know I did.

I will admit that I was a bit surprised when we got there and the place wasn't jumpin because I figured that the Strange Famous name alone would have drawn alot of people but than I quickly remembered it's Rhode Island and all of the " great shows" ive done in front of 16 people at the Living Room ( R.I.P. ) and various other local venuues over the last 3, 4 years.

Sage I wouldn't get discouraged, You go on world tours and are gonna be rocking Rock The Bells, what's one dissapointing turnout when you play to sellout crowds on a regular basis? I know you didn't perform and was trying to do the promoter gig but I think being a promoter may be harder than being an artist, especially in good ol Rhody where noone really gives a fuck.

There is no scene here period, for anything. A kid I know is in a punk band and it's the same exact shit. Noone supports out here, noone cares about shows and that's why all of us local yocal rappers are always angry and frustrated because we get no support to even leave and venture elsewhere to make moves. That's why I am beginning to believe it's almost necessary to migrate somewhere else. I don't know how Atmosphere blew up out of Minnesota but maybe that goes to show that it's not about where you're from, it's about the music and your grind. Shiet, what am I talking about you Sage did it to but it still seems like Rhode Island is hopeless.

But again, I thought it was a good show, Mac is a good dude with great live performance skills.

peace to homeboy buggin out on shrooms.

last night makes me want to go back to the drawing board for some reason.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 pm
Travadone

Off topic...I been at the court the past few weeks and no one even plays ball anymore,its fucking stupid...
Post Fri May 01, 2009 12:34 pm
mattrego

Travadone wrote:
Off topic...I been at the court the past few weeks and no one even plays ball anymore,its fucking stupid...

I retired seven years ago but I was gonna come out of retirement for the August 2008 Strange Famous Forum Game. Unfortunately that crapped out also. Fucking Rhode Island.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 12:58 pm
Guerilla S.Thompson

Travadone wrote:

man noone cares about playing ball anymore. I remember when I was a kid and throughout High School and probably the first year or so after the courts would be filled during the spring and summer and in doors during the fall and winter. It seems like everyone I used to ball with lost their motivation to probably smoking weed and spending time on their sidekicks.

the decline of society

:roll:
Post Fri May 01, 2009 1:31 pm
mjacpa
i type like i'm having a seizure.

I didnt go last night

I have 3-4 of the typcial excuses.

But I swear to god I went the whole week thinking it was Friday until 3PM yesterday when I read the forum board

And I feel personally responsible that in my small way I contributed to these shows not taking place in the future.

I looked on the board first thing this AM to see how the show went and its bugged me all day since then, which is why I feel the need to post.

All I can say is short of a severe case of the swine flu, I will be at the next one......
Post Fri May 01, 2009 2:32 pm
Frezz

Celtics.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm
Travadone

Frezz wrote:
Celtics.
lame excuse
Post Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm
Klone

i know we all don't have the same taste in music but last night there were about 6 shows i would have considered seeing, for what it's worth.
sum41 at harper's ferry
new found glory at house of blues in boston
manchester orchestra at middle east.
i think sole was in boston?
bouncing souls were at paradise rock club..

not really an excuse, more like insight (as i'm not saying i would have gathered the ambition to drive to RI otherwise).. i thought it was a big thursday night in the area.. i went to see manchester orchestra.. alot of those bands draw big crowds.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm
mzehe916

Klone wrote:
i know we all don't have the same taste in music but last night there were about 6 shows i would have considered seeing, for what it's worth.
sum41 at harper's ferry
new found glory at house of blues in boston
manchester orchestra at middle east.
i think sole was in boston?
bouncing souls were at paradise rock club..

not really an excuse, more like insight (as i'm not saying i would have gathered the ambition to drive to RI otherwise).. i thought it was a big thursday night in the area.. i went to see manchester orchestra.. alot of those bands draw big crowds.

Uhhhh, come on. Sum41? New Found Glory? Fuck. Manchester Orchestra? Is this your list for horrible myspace bands? Or is this the confess your secret crappy music thread?

I'm fucking sorry. I had to say something. Fuck. I normally don't knock people's musical choice, but damn. If you are over 16 then you must have felt way awkward at any of these shows. Once again, I don't hate you, but if I were riding in your car and you played any of those three bands I'd probably grab the steering wheel and drive us into a pole.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 pm
Stumbleweed

Hahaha

Coooold-blooooded
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next