Search
Register
B. Dolan & Jared Paul TOUR (6 dates added in April!)
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

UPDATE

The show in New Orleans tomorrow (the 24th) is cancelled because the "promoter" didn't promote.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm
JohnSchwan

Awesome show in Baton Rouge tonight, Bernard and Jared tore it down. The vibe was awesome and the venue was great. It's a metal workshop attached to a building that burnt down a while back. The show went down outside in what was left of the building that burnt down.

I'm tired, I'll review the show tomorrow.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 pm
futuristxen

Sage Francis wrote:
UPDATE

The show in New Orleans tomorrow (the 24th) is cancelled because the "promoter" didn't promote.

shame shame. Hope they still got to take in a night in Nola.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

futuristxen wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
UPDATE

I actually think it's a blessing in disguise as they need to make their way up to Chicago the next night.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:53 pm
futuristxen

Sage Francis wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
UPDATE

I actually think it's a blessing in disguise as they need to make their way up to Chicago the next night.

I honestly don't know how you guys do some of these turnarounds on the road. That's what...a 14 hour drive? I would be wiped out just from some of the drive lengths. Having to perform after them seems maddening. But then I have trouble sleeping in cars.

Have you ever toured with someone who just couldn't hack the car hours? How do you find that out beforehand?
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

You only find this out during the tour, unfortunately. At which point you do everything you can to stay away from them after the tour and they never hit the road with you again.

Last edited by Sage Francis on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 pm
AdamBomb

Nooooo. I'm deeply bummed that this show got cancelled in New Orleans...I was real excited for that shit. I even put together a posse that was going to show up. Would you guys still be down for a house party jam in Uptown?
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 am
Jared Paul

AdamBomb wrote:
Nooooo. I'm deeply bummed that this show got cancelled in New Orleans...I was real excited for that shit. I even put together a posse that was going to show up. Would you guys still be down for a house party jam in Uptown?

Apologies man, we REALLY wanted to come to NOLA- more than most places for sure! I didn't get the official word from the person putting on the show till yesterday, it sucks because there were definitely other people pumped about the show as well. If I had gotten the word any sooner we would've tried to set something else up. Many thanks for the offer of the last minute show.

We had a fantastic show at the BR show last night and made a lot of new friends. The venue owners want to throw a much bigger show for us in the fall- we're looking to make a trip back out this way and hit up LSU, Ephemeral Gallery, and NOLA all at the same time.

Thanks again, Adam. And sincere apologies to any NOLA folks who were planning on heading out. We were willing and pumped to do the show even though it meant all day drives and very little sleep for like the 4th day in a row, only to turn around make another 14-16 hour drive.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Shit was poppin.

Support these motherfuckers.
Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 pm
mzehe916

I know I saw it somewhere before, but what is the venue for the TW/ORegrets on 4/2? I thought I saw it somewhere, but I can't recall right now.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:33 am
Alan Hague

mzehe916 wrote:
I know I saw it somewhere before, but what is the venue for the TW/ORegrets on 4/2? I thought I saw it somewhere, but I can't recall right now.

Thursday, April 2nd
"Tourette's Without Regrets"
THE OAKLAND METRO
630 3rd St. @ Jefferson * Jack London Square
ALL AGES * Full Bar * $10
Sign-up: 8 pm / Show: 8:30 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOURETTE'S WINS BEST OF THE BAY 2005: EAST BAY EXPRESS: "...The host Kennedy is a geeky red-haired lovechild of a crack-crazed Richard Pryor and Alex from A Clockwork Orange -- but a little less homicidal. Kennedy's famed vaudevillian show, Tourettes Without Regrets, is currently in its third year at the Oakland Metro, and has been consistently selling out, with lines down the block before the doors open. Combining a slew of pranks and wacky stunts -- including pig-heart free throws, dirty haiku, and phone-sex bouts -- with some of the top slam performers and freestyle battles in the East Bay, Tourettes is Kennedy's personal version of Stromboli's Pleasure Island. This dude is one of the few local personalities with a knack for getting people to eat, drink, and throw things they normally wouldn't.." -by Rachel Swan
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:10 am
mzehe916

Alan Hague wrote:
mzehe916 wrote:

Thursday, April 2nd
"Tourette's Without Regrets"
THE OAKLAND METRO
630 3rd St. @ Jefferson * Jack London Square
ALL AGES * Full Bar * $10
Sign-up: 8 pm / Show: 8:30 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOURETTE'S WINS BEST OF THE BAY 2005: EAST BAY EXPRESS: "...The host Kennedy is a geeky red-haired lovechild of a crack-crazed Richard Pryor and Alex from A Clockwork Orange -- but a little less homicidal. Kennedy's famed vaudevillian show, Tourettes Without Regrets, is currently in its third year at the Oakland Metro, and has been consistently selling out, with lines down the block before the doors open. Combining a slew of pranks and wacky stunts -- including pig-heart free throws, dirty haiku, and phone-sex bouts -- with some of the top slam performers and freestyle battles in the East Bay, Tourettes is Kennedy's personal version of Stromboli's Pleasure Island. This dude is one of the few local personalities with a knack for getting people to eat, drink, and throw things they normally wouldn't.." -by Rachel Swan

Thanks. I'm going to try to make this. I saw B. Dolan the last time he was out for this. It is a good time. Now, I'm just debating between this or Reno.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:10 pm
Jared Paul

breakreep wrote:
Shit was poppin.

Support these motherfuckers.

Great shot Breakreep-Thanks for always holdin' down our SLC trips mang, it means a lot!

Mzehe hope to see ya there!

Also there's an adjustment to the time for Sunday's show at Western Valley College in San Jo:

The Direct Democracy Tour w/ Jared Paul & B. Dolan

Sunday, April 5th, 2009

WEST VALLEY COLLEGE THEATER

(in the music building FREE parking in Lot 7)

14000 Fruitvale Ave. Saratoga, CA 95070

STARTS AT 6PM

ALL AGES

$5 ($2 with ANY student ID)
All proceeds go to the West Valley Student Senate to fund student activities and programs

We previously had it posted as starting at 8p, but it's an earlier event- San Jo heads, anybody in the area heading out?
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Jared Paul wrote:
Great shot Breakreep-Thanks for always holdin' down our SLC trips mang, it means a lot!

It's entirely my pleasure! I'd have to be some kind of shitty-taste-in-music guy to not go.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:52 pm
Jared Paul

breakreep wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:

It's entirely my pleasure! I'd have to be some kind of shitty-taste-in-music guy to not go.

The SLC show had such a great feeling to it. Great energy. I'm a fuck-face for not getting live audio of that one. The kids at the Boing Collective are kicking ass! That place is a goddamned fortress. I may rent a room there at some point...
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next