Search
Register
B. Dolan & Jared Paul TOUR (6 dates added in April!)
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

b. dolan
FBI agent

29 hours :)

15 hours in the bag in the past 24, and what. Jared has been drinking lots of cough syrup and freestyling in the persona of lil wayne. Not kidding. He's asked me at least 3 times today: "So... Pimp C really died from cough syrup?"

Here we are in beautiful Bowling Green, Kentucky. Where we found a surprisingly clean Super 8 for $50 a night. I might have to move into this place.

The show in Brooklyn was a lot of fun. There was certainly some confusion regarding the working of the door, which led to an unfortunate conversation with the promoter at the end of the night, and everyone that performed maybe getting shafted a little, but fuck it. We've learned our lesson. From now on I work the door, because I have no friends.

The Metermaids tore it down, as did PFA. I consider Bob Harris a friend and am mighty happy to know him.

Albany was a bit of an organizational mess when we got there, due to some confusion and the promoter not having a P.A., but we did our thing regardless and made more money then we did with a packed house in Brooklyn, after playing in front of 17 people in upstate NY. Go figure.

Turns out, if you travel west from Albany before heading south you skip over the shitty fucking hell mountains that I hate coming out of Pennsylvania.

The plan is that the university shows on this tour will buoy us financially, while allowing us to play these kinds of intimate DIY shows in between. I think it might be awhile before I get to do another tour like this, so hopefully everyone that can come through does. I don't think anyone's been disappointed in the $5 investment yet.

14 hours to Austin boyyy. NyQuil, American Spirits & Weezy F. Baby. Direct muhfuckin Democracy.

p.s. Alias sent me a new mixdown today, which we've been bumping in the car all day. its shit-your-pants good.
Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:02 am
futuristxen

b. dolan wrote:
Jared has been drinking lots of cough syrup and freestyling in the persona of lil wayne. Not kidding. He's asked me at least 3 times today: "So... Pimp C really died from cough syrup?" .

Bullshit.
Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:29 am
Jared Paul

futuristxen wrote:
b. dolan wrote:
Jared has been drinking lots of cough syrup and freestyling in the persona of lil wayne. Not kidding. He's asked me at least 3 times today: "So... Pimp C really died from cough syrup?" .

Bullshit.

this tour ain't got no chance of fadin' me, i been ready since eighty-two and I was born in 83, shit i'm on top a' ice like a maple leaf. that's a hockey team, i don't know no hockey team, but i'm a champion- where's the Rocky theme? Peace to All my vegans and Apollo Creed.

Cough sizzurp is the drug of choice for sober vegans world wide; and especially for those who have shitty chronic bronchial coughs that build into frenzied wheezing fits.

WEEZY!

*On-line service has been spotty. The Brooklyn show was banging. It was a total Metermaids crowd- thanks to big Swell for giving us a crack at them, and his whole crew for putting the show together last minute. I was not prepared for how tight or powerful the Metermaids set would be. They dominated the crowd, made them jump, dance, and sing a long. It was VERY impressive. Props to Rosetta Stone for keeping the show going late night and tearing it down even further.

*Albany show was small, but intense during the PFA set. Thanks to Ray who drove all the way out from Providence for the show, to Dan Sawyer for being the PFA spirit/road guide/all purpose team player, to Todd for spreading the word (and for the review), and for my man Dave Zero from No More Core for securing a new venue last minute after we lost the Syracuse show.

The battle continues...
Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
futuristxen

Jared Paul wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
b. dolan wrote:

Bullshit.

this tour ain't got no chance of fadin' me, i been ready since eighty-two and I was born in 83, shit i'm on top a' ice like a maple leaf. that's a hockey team, i don't know no hockey team, but i'm a champion- where's the Rocky theme? Peace to All my vegans and Apollo Creed.

Cough sizzurp is the drug of choice for sober vegans world wide; and especially for those who have shitty chronic bronchial coughs that build into frenzied wheezing fits.

WEEZY!

Haha. If this is not recorded somewhere, and sent to me--then I will hate you for a very long time.

Feel better though. And keep sippin that sizzurp.
Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:04 pm
Jared Paul

futuristxen wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
b. dolan wrote:

Bullshit.

WEEZY!

Haha. If this is not recorded somewhere, and sent to me--then I will hate you for a very long time.

Feel better though. And keep sippin that sizzurp.

You got it miss! ( :
Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:44 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b. dolan
FBI agent

Dear Highways of America,

Welcome to Austin, Texas.
Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:04 pm
Jared Paul

We're pumped for the SxSw Showcase on Saturday!!

It's gonna be non-stop from there till the big show in Minneap on the 27th-
Dallas, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Chicago, Milwaukee

03/22/2009 08:00 PM - $8
Mokah Coffee bar (in Life in Deep Ellum)
2803 Taylor St
Dallas, Texas 75226

03/23/2009 08:00 PM - $5
Ephemeral Gallery
521 N 19th Street
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802

03/24/2009 08:00 PM - $5
Greater New Orleans Artist Mansion
1614 Esplanade Ave
New Orleans, Louisiana 70116

03/25/2009 08:00 PM - $5
Weiser House (2nd Floor)
2106 S. Kedzie Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60623

03/26/2009 08:00 PM - $5
Taste of Art Cafe
4701 W Lisbon Ave
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208

*Is there anybody on this forum from Milwaukee?

Last edited by Jared Paul on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Why come is the thread is unstickied again?
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

because it's an active thread and there are tons of other stickies.

Why come you ask?
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Just curious!
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 am
Jared Paul

breakreep wrote:
Just curious!

( no homo )
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:17 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I usually like to go to milwaukee shows instead of chicago shows if given a choice. The crowds are so much nicer in milwaukee, parking is easier, and there is less bs traffic (and less potholes)! for some reason, girls in chicago always try to start a fight with me.
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:31 am
Alan Hague

flyers for Baton Rouge & Chicago shows  Reply with quote  

Photobucket

Photobucket
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Jared Paul

zagadka wrote:
I usually like to go to milwaukee shows instead of chicago shows if given a choice. The crowds are so much nicer in milwaukee, parking is easier, and there is less bs traffic (and less potholes)! for some reason, girls in chicago always try to start a fight with me.

Z!

What a shame! Thankfully, my interactions with Chicago women have been encounters of a slightly more friendly and supportive nature... ( :

CHICAGO! You're the best American City!! (New Orleans is my favorite, and NYC is the most seductive, but Chicago, is the all around best for me.)

At any rate Zagadka, I'm pretty sure that the Chicago show is going to be packed and if anything, the Milwaukee show is the one we're gonna need help with. Please do come on out to Milwaukee- let's hang the eff out!!

*Dallas, New Orleans, Milwaukee flyers to be posted shortly!!
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 pm
SFR announcement

From Jared:

"I just realized I don't have a single facebook friend in New Orleans, and almost none in Dallas.

Are there any Dallas / New Orleans folks on the Forum?"
Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:48 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next