Search
Register
The new Soccer Thread!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

leg.donor

This Barcelona team will go down as the greatest of all time, along with Arrigo Sacchi's Milan.

I don't know what's up with all the haters, I am the biggest soccer hater out there, but I still recognize that this Barca team is unstoppable and play some of the best football in europe. I want to adopt Iniesta. I think I'm going to start watching more of their games because serie a is getting really boring.
Post Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
name

i guess you're right. i mean, maradona and pele were good and all, but neither of them had to play against stoke... away... in the rain.

same with michael jordan. how long would that pussy have lasted playing in the prison league. motherfuckers would've shanked him in the neck on his first drive into the paint. that'l show him.

who the fuck is charlie adam?
Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:30 am
Brynjar

name wrote:

anyway, tevez strikes me as a player with great skill, workrate, character, and humility. seems like most non-wingnuts like the guy, no?

:)
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:06 pm
Brynjar

Man City, Real and Milan on top in EPL, La Liga and Serie A. Ya'll think it will end that way?
Utd out of the CPL. smh
Tevez going Milan(?), Henry is back at Arsenal and Suárez banned for 8 games.
Also Iceland now having 4 players in the EPL is kinda fun for me.
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 pm
futuristxen

Even though they are close, it's going to be tough with all of the injuries we've had at the backline for United to overtake City, who haven't really had much in the way of key injuries this year.

I think it's funny that City, Utd, and Tottenham have been the class of the league this year, and none of them are in Champions League.

Really hoping City don't knock us out of the FA Cup tomorrow. I'm still trying to get over the humiliation of the last time we played city, and we're already playing them again. Plus no Vidic, Rio questionable. SAF has rotated both of our keepers into being off form(who rotates keepers?!), shades of Howard/Carroll and how we ruined both of them at United.

Plus Rooney has his head up his asshole right now, so he's probably off form for the next two months again. We're in a much worse spot than when we last played City. And it's at their den of vipers this time to boot. Could be a massacre tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong though. A win tomorrow could turn our season back around. And maybe we use that win to kick off and win the FA Cup and the League.
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:34 pm
Brynjar

Fergie needs to buy at least one defender/midfielder imo.
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 pm
futuristxen

I don't think we need a midfielder, just a stop gap until the youngsters are ready. We have like twenty billion young midfielders ready to come through. They just need time. Tom Cleverley is absolutely the real deal.

Enter Paul Scholes.

Got the result today. Dodging refereeing both with the red card against city, and then the obvious penalty that he didn't call that would have killed the game off in the second half. And then the foul that set up their free kick for their first goal.

I do think we need to buy a defender. Rio is past it and unreliable. Phil Jones is completely exhausted and needs a rest. And then everyone else is injured.
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 am
Brynjar

Resigning Paul Scholes is just a big fuck you to Cleverley, Pogba and Morrison. Ok sure, Pogba and Morrison are just 18 but still. Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Park aren't good enough to be in the starting lineup for a team like Utd but are all good players to have on the bench.

It's a amazing that Utd are in 2nd place and still in the FA cup with all this stuff going on. Lindegaard/De Gea rotation, injured defenders and mediocre midfielders.

That tackle from Kompany was a def. red card in my book.
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 am
SteveJB

Cleverley would be playing if he wasn't injured, unfortunately he is, I think Scholes can do a job filling a gap especially in bigger games where he has the experience.

It would be good to give the other young midfielders more of chance though.
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:28 pm
futuristxen

Yeah I'm pretty sure if Cleverley were healthy, Scholes would have stayed retired. Anderson is just coming off an injury and has yet to show consistency in his form, and a 37 year old Scholes is still better than him, which just shows how poorly he's developed. Pogba would struggle to get time in a championship side right now, let alone United in a tight title race. He's just a kid, and everytime he's been out there he's looked nervy as hell.

Morrison is good enough, but is so immature that you really risk a lot by putting him in too early. Once he gets his act together and begins to act like a pro, I'm sure Fergie will be ready to treat him like one.

At any rate I think Tunnicliffe is ahead of both of them in development.

None of them are better than Giggs, Park, or Carrick in the middle. Michael Carrick has been far and away our best player for awhile now. His midfield play this season has been sublime. I thought him and Phil Jones were a really good partnership. But with all the injuries at the back we didn't get to use it very often.

Phil Jones looks like he needs a two week vacation in dubai right now. Fergie has run him into the ground. Just looks shaken mentally and physically right now. We really need one of the Twins to get a long run of games just so we can rest Jones, and get a good rotation going there.

Thought Smalling was the only guy in the back who looked like he had a clue there today.

Rio was terrible. Evra, as much as I love him, gets destroyed down that left side most games.

I think a lot of the transfer muppets want Sir Alex to get a guy like Snieder, or some flashy attacking midfielder--but what we NEED is a crushing defensive midfielder to replace Fletch and cover for Carrick. As well as a perhaps a top flight defender at the back, because Rio looks done, and who knows what Vidic is going to be like when he comes back. Plus I think Phil Jones future is at RB or Midfield. He doesn't look good enough in the air to play in the middle back there. And Evans doesn't have the top flight mentality to do the job week in, week out.

Also Ashley Young has been a disappointment. He started the year well, but between injuries and being really off form, he's failed to give us stability down the left side.

All that and we're right there for the title race. Go figure.
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm
name

un be lievable.

honestly not trying to rub it in to the manu fans around here, but 'incredible' doesn't begin to describe it.

hats off to them. what a finish. kun is a monster.
Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 am
futuristxen

Best title won on goal differential money can buy.

It was really amazing. It was terrible for me though because I came into the day ready to just enjoy the last game, fully expecting City to drub QPR. And even when QPR were up 2-1 I refused to let myself get my hopes up. But then the United games ends, I think against all probabilities that we've actually knicked the the title and that City have choked it away. And then before I could switch over to the City game they had won the title. It was really terrible.

But we brought it on ourselves. Up 8 points that late in the season. That draw to Everton at home was what did it. We should have finished that game off.

It's hard for me to concede much to City when I look at how much more money they spent than us the last 6 years, and for us to lose the title only on goal differential despite being without our team captain and anchor of our defense all year.

I'm actually really excited about next year now. I think sometimes you need this kind of disapointment to refire the engines. And I could see it in Fergie's eyes, that he's fired up again and ready to meet a new challenge.

Make some smart buys this summer(hoping for Kagawa and anyone from Bilbao), some better health for Vidic. Darren Fletcher to play football again. I'm excited to go get our trophy back!

Also I would like not to get knocked out in the first round of the champions league next year. That was humiliating.

It was actually a really terrible year. Going out of europe early. Knocked out of the carling cup. FA cup. And then losing the league in that manner. But you can't win them all. Hopefully next year we'll do our best to win them all though.

Congrats to long time city fans. I know despite how they got the title, going that long without ever winning anything, with year after year of humiliation, to get that win in that miraculous of a fashion, is something I can appreciate. Reminds me of when we won the champions league over Bayern. That's a moment that is going to live on for forever in football lore, but particularly in City club history.

Still not even the worst thing City have ever done to us. Denis Law backhealing us into relegation is probably worse than this.
Post Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 pm
leg.donor

Italy's got this.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
smake

Never thought I would say this, but I am really hoping that Italy will win this thing. Spain is just plain boring and I can't stand to see a side win everything all the time. Perhaps those aren't really good reasons, but I don't care. Go Italy.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 am
futuristxen

Pirlo is more fun to watch than all of Spain's team. Forza italia[/quote]
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next