Search
Register
DanVsPip and B. Dolan tour has finished successfully!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Oh Daesu

Looks like baby won't be coming tomorrow, so I'll try to be there in Van city. Anyone else going?

There's some good vegetarian eating near the venue for anyone interested.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:40 pm
Oh Daesu

For those interested in meeting up (unsure if there are any other Vancouver heads here) I'll be in a green sfu philosophy hoody. Come say hello.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:52 pm
resurrection225

I just listened to Angles and loved it. Any chance you guys might be on Tour with Sage this year? I'm dissapointed good shows like this one don't come down to South Florida.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:07 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'd like to offer a big congrats to Dan, Pip and B. Dolan for earning yet another Road Dog badge.

You definitely earned it.

The tour was a success despite the unexpected surprises.

Big ups. You guys worked your asses off.

travel safe now!
Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:10 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

http://www.shortandsweetnyc.com/2008/10/i-was-there-dan-le-sac-vs-scroobius-pip.html

I WAS THERE . . . Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip at The Mercury Lounge 9.26.08

Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip
The Mercury Lounge
September 26, 2008

British DJ Dan Le Sac took the stage at Mercury Lounge Friday night looking more like a roadie than a feature act with his fluorescent orange underwear hanging out of his pants. As the beats began, his partner, rapper Scroobius Pip, walked onstage in a thiftstore suit and a trucker hat appearing like a traveling religious practitioner with a beat-up briefcase in hand. Without question, the look was odd but the socially relevant music was original and inspiring. The pair have a terrific chemistry and won over the club with a charismatic performance that came off loose and fun to watch. They passed the microphone off stage to the audience early in the show to sing along with the chorus of “The Beat That My Heart Skipped” and their interactions with the audience continued through the set. The only comparison that comes to mind is that of fellow Englishmen The Streets but Dan and Scroobius have an off-beat sense of humility and humor that make their live show stand out. They performed a number of tracks off their new album Angles in their hour long set such as the title track “Angles” and “Look for the Woman.” The band stopped in the middle of the set to perform their encore because as the early show they weren’t going to have time at the end and let loose with an interesting twist on The Specials classic “Nite Klub.”
Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

i've never been part of a tour that hurdled such obstacles before.

threats of violence, a tour manager quitting, and, at the end, a healthy dose of family tragedy to welcome me home.

ironically, i've also never been on a more drama-free tour... which is certainly a testament to the good company I was in. i'm happy to report that dan and pip are some genuine, stand up dudes in addition to making exciting music. we generally laughed our way through the whole ordeal.

to those forum members that came out, it was a pleasure to meet and re-meet you all... i know a few people here attended but didn't post up reviews, and i'm curious to know what people thought of the show...

if you missed this one, i strongly urge anyone thats digging dan vs. pip or even on the fence about them to check out a live show whenever you can. it's a good fucking time, and the spirit of their music gets kinda clarified when you see 40 kids rush the stage at the end of the show dancing while the boys do a Prince cover.

we ended the tour this morning discussing some possible UK dates in the future together... so stay tuned for that info, hopefully...

cheers,
b
Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:19 pm
Oh Daesu

Vancouver show was great if maybe a little poorly attended ( and by poorly I mean both in numbers and quality; lots of hipsters constantly conversating and such)

B Dolan was great to finally see and did not disappoint though the set was kind of short. The new songs sound great, and he had the crowd entertained. I like the abridged paid dues. I really liked the Lizard/conspiracy song. Dolan put the contrast between the two acts i nice perspective saying he was there to unsettle people and fill them with, I think he called them tumours of hate and sadness (or something like that) so that DlS vs SP could come on and shoot rainbows outta their dicks and fill us up with colour.

I enjoyed DLS vs SP as well, but not as much as I thought I might. Maybe it was the crowd, maybe it was the Katy Perry look-a-likes at the front of the stage, but something put me off when the came on. But they did put on a great show. I really like Angles, and Magician's apprentice, which afterwords Scroobius poked fun at the lipstick lesbians at the front "there were a couple of girls dancing provocatively at the front of the stage and I was wondering how they would dance to a song about suicide, but they both sat down, which is great!

It was also the tensest show I've ever been to, since my wife was waiting at home ready to go into labour at any moment. But nothing happened, and so I still wait.
Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:24 pm
Jared Paul

Welcome home General!!
Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SteveJB

Wooo UK dates!
Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:00 am
outpatient

looks like those chaps are playing this thursday at my student union. STRATHCLYDE REPRESENT

(toadfish from neighbours is making a public appearance on tuesday. what the hell toadfish)
Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7