Search
Register
sage...rothbury run down?,...
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

sage...rothbury run down?,...  Reply with quote  

you performed last night right?

the hippies get down or what?
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:40 am
seandaley
passive aggressifist

shit.
i had no idea.
ali and i just arrived, we play sunday.
how was it sage?
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:22 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

It was really great.

The crowd was gracious, the sound was beautiful, and the festival is awesome.

Also, if you stick around after your performance to greet all the fans you will have various people kick verses in your ear. If they ask for your honest criticism I suggest you hold back. The worst moment was watching a guy walk away all "butt hurt" when I told him his homophic material wasn't really cool.

How's the jetlag?
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:28 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

DP!

Last edited by C.R.A.Z.Y on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:30 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

Sage Francis wrote:
It was really great.

The crowd was gracious, the sound was beautiful, and the festival is awesome.

Also, if you stick around after your performance to greet all the fans you will have various people kick verses in your ear. If they ask for your honest criticism I suggest you hold back. The worst moment was watching a guy walk away all "butt hurt" when I told him his homophic material wasn't really cool.

How's the jetlag?

hey sage, i'd pay big money to see the look on that dudes face when you told him what you thought.

you should make a comedy sketch where you're like, the simon cowell of wack rapper judges, and that would be fun for us to watch the rappers making appeals to you.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:31 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This guy insisted that I give my honest opinion. I was like, "Are you sure, dude? I mean...I'm highly critical."

"yeah, yeah man."

So he does this rap that talks about pussy and faggots. It seemed to go on and on. And every now and then I would look over at his girlfriend who was standing in the background...I was embarrassed for her and I wanted to see her reaction....but she was just standing there with this blank look. When he was done I cleared my throat.

I said, "Hey, man...those were good rhythms and word combinations. I liked the beginning more than the end. I really didn't think those faggot lines were cool. I think you need to move away from using cliches. I mean...sure...everything has been said before. But say it differently if you can. And if you can't say it differently or in an interesting way then just get rid of it. I wouldn't play this song for my sister. That's for sure."

"Oh haha...wouldn't play it for your sister?"

"No. Nor would I play it for my gay friends. Peace man."

I watched him walk away with his girlfriend by his side and the look on his face was...sad. Like when a person pays a lot of money to go watch a professional sport and their favorite team loses. I'm not sure if I'm his favorite team or if he is his favorite team. But somebody lost.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:48 pm
seandaley
passive aggressifist

thanks for the heads up.
will be hilarious if i meet the same guy.
can't wait to spit your freestyle verse verbatim.
or at least spit your punchline from the end, "i wouldn't play this song for my sister."

jetlag fine so far.
maybe i have figured out how to beat it down.
if so, i will bottle it and send promos.
probably has something to do with the virtual-magic-picture-hiccup-cure.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:11 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

Sage Francis wrote:

I watched him walk away with his girlfriend by his side and the look on his face was...sad. Like when a person pays a lot of money to go watch a professional sport and their favorite team loses. I'm not sure if I'm his favorite team or if he is his favorite team. But somebody lost.

ha ha that's clownshoes. i can just see it now. anyways it's kind of funny that he was at your show, is supposedly a fan, and did not know that you were not about that shit.

maybe he just ended up there. i bet his girlfriend is the one with the good taste...well at least in music.

maybe your critique single handledly upped his future game, or maybe he will get mad and quit. either way, then it works out. :-)
Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:39 pm
malpractice
post haste

couple of my friends are at rothbury right now. i thought about goin cuz id love to see sage, atmos/ali, primus again (one of my fave bands), but there were too many other bands that i dont like to justify the price.

these are hippie friends though, so it's more their thing than mine. i made sure to tell em to check out sage. i'm anxious to see what they thought.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: